Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how biased i am with love for this guy
But id be ok if he took up a rookie spot next year
Half our list feel like rookies sometimes so not sure we need more projects.

If he's got the will to hit another preseason, he remains a great option to keep around.
If he was showing a return to form I would but he is half the player he was right now.

If he was showing a return to form I would but he is half the player he was right now.

It's your bias.

The reality is he hasn't been fit enough (injury and general fitness) basically post-bye of 2021. His goal against Hawthorne will always be cherished for all of us but it's time.
suspect it is, and he retires.
will take some beating as my favourite bomber

Tippa it’s a sad day for me but left us with the memories. One of the greatest to ever put on the jumper. Going to miss you. Loved that goal against hawthorn in round 1. All the best on the next step of your journey. Thank you for choosing Essendon. #43

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i feel like his step out of retirement was to help the davey’s & munkara settle into life in melbourne and at the club.

he was one of my favourites from his debut because he always competed hard & while it’s a shame that he couldn’t regain his fitness, i don’t think anyone at the club minded- i just know they all loved his contributions all levels.

as i’ve said i do hope he sticks around in some capacity at the club, it’d be a good gesture and might also provide our forwards with a lesson in forward craft

Does anyone think he'll still play VFL? Would like to still see him play next year. I think he still has a good impact at VFL level.

Not a surprise but sad nonetheless. Easily the most loved Ess player by all supporters which says something about the way he went about it and what he could and would do. Really hoping for at least 1 more goal and hopefully more tomorrow night. And hoping he remains with the club in any capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back