4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Was happy when Fatso was whacking them took time out of the game. Time was our best friend this test. Really they lost it on day 1 they needed to bowl us out within 60 overs to have a chance
In an alternate reality Stokes elects to bat on day 1, England post 570 just before lunch on day 2 and they bowl Australia out twice in 190 odd overs to win on the last ball of day 4.

Is Manchester catching up to Sydney or now ahead in terms of days lost due to rain?

9d6117a2-4a22-476c-8b70-c8287920a81f.jpg

Alison Mitchell
Cricket commentator on BBC Test Match Special
In the history of Tests Manchester has lost 24 days completely to rain and two Tests abandoned.
Soon to be 25 each at the top of the leader board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure why Sky called it, but it hardly matters.

Don't call it. Prolong their agony! 😁
Is it wrong to want them to send England out the stand in the rain while violins play on the loud speakers?

While the Aussie team sit in the dressing room doing their best Leo laughing impressions.

This is why I didn't care when there were some many melts on here. The longer they batted the better it was for us
100%
I thought they would declare not much ahead, maybe at 400? I thought oh ok Bairstow 50 they’ll declare. Again they didn’t so we knew they wanted him to get 100. That was perfect, at that point I was hoping for no more wickets and him to be dismissed on 99. He was stranded, I couldn’t believe it.
They need to win yeah? Move the game along and risk us winning, why bat more for the draw to come into play?

They declared when they shouldn’t and didn’t declare when they should.

100%
I thought they would declare not much ahead, maybe at 400? I thought oh ok Bairstow 50 they’ll declare. Again they didn’t so we knew they wanted him to get 100. That was perfect, at that point I was hoping for no more wickets and him to be dismissed on 99. He was stranded, I couldn’t believe it.
They need to win yeah? Move the game along and risk us winning, why bat more for the draw to come into play?

They declared when they shouldn’t and didn’t declare when they should.
The weather forecast really started to turn for the worst for today halfway through the innings. It was weird they kept going.

You know this how?
England could've declared 150 in front and tried to roll us.

What makes you think Australia would've been rolled out cheaper than they're currently just 4 down for if England had declare earlier and given them even better batting conditions?

Back