A bunch of pea hearts

Remove this Banner Ad

At least someone can see my point.

The above posters would pat the players on the back after a big loss....how does that motivate them to win I don't know. That's the culture we need to change

Poster of March 2011 sees poster of March 2001's point???

Actually, high school troll's second BF "secret" account is used to keep a pathetic line of argument running.

Janks is Hank's W@nks Shanks favourite...

over-reaction. we played really well and were up for the game - needed a scalp to give our season credibility and we got it. its not the end of the world for you guys by any means, i don't think any player at afl level is a "pea heart" either...look forward to derby 34

Thanks, appreciate your post, but actually I think you under rate your effort - absent Kerr and Embers you actually did amazingly well, we were crap and very, very poor, a very sad effort from so many of our key players...

But still, at least my local had a few good looking Freo girls for once...

No, they really are, the real hard men sit behind a keyboard and take potshots at them...

So, pot-shots, or shot pots?? Am I a hard man, or a man hard???

And, for the Freo girls at my local, was it better to have short hair and a loud voice, or a loud voice, shexy dreads remnants, gorgeous satin Freo jackets and demure eyes???

I want to see improvements and fast. We should be pushing for top 4. We have 15 or so weeks to do it.

I don't want to hand in my membership but I am sick of the constant gutless performances.

If they don't care, why should we?

1) Then don't threaten to, you sound unpredictable.( seewhatididthere? )

2) Please don't speake for me, in your doom and gloom glass house

If you honestly think we will finish top 4 this year with our injurie list, then you have NFI. We are up and about as a club, but are 2 yrs off being serious contenders, pending Long term injuries to key personell.

Most on this board have longed for improvement since 1995, so when you waltz in with demands for instant results etc. you lose any credibility you may of had, and come accross as a pea heart supporter.

Now have a cup of HTFU and hope to christ we win next week

The thread is a tad over the top but you cannot blame someone for being upset and angry after the team they love and support dishes up a performance as disgraceful as that.

The truth is we aren't having a good year at all and if you asked Harvey I bet he would agree that we are lucky to be where we are. Couple of very good signs this year (Fyfe, Mundy) but also some very bad signs.

God damn injuries hurt.

Some have been very soft indeed.

I showed more passion in the last quarter against Richmond than the team did on the field

I showed more passion watching the game at home on TV than the team did on the field today.

Why should I show passion when clearly a lot of players are not?

The thread is a tad over the top but you cannot blame someone for being upset and angry after the team they love and support dishes up a performance as disgraceful as that.

The truth is we aren't having a good year at all and if you asked Harvey I bet he would agree that we are lucky to be where we are. Couple of very good signs this year (Fyfe, Mundy) but also some very bad signs.

God damn injuries hurt.

We're sitting at 4-3 with plenty of quality coming back over the next few weeks...........god, I'd hate to see you in the early years!!!

I agree with the Captain.and this Forum typifies the problem with Freo, we as suporters and the club have accepted mediocrity for far too long. I m sick of it and as soon as you post a thread and be be critical, the moderator closes the thread. I tell you if we as supporters continue to accept mediocrity nothing will ever change!

I agree with the Captain.and this Forum typifies the problem with Freo, we as suporters and the club have accepted mediocrity for far too long. I m sick of it and as soon as you post a thread and be be critical, the moderator closes the thread. I tell you if we as supporters continue to accept mediocrity nothing will ever change!

Don't be talking bullshit now

Captain Janks is a knob.

We have played poorly this year, mainly as a result of a long injury list. This has forced us to play players that are not ready and other players out of position.

Add to that the fact that West Coast are actually a good side now and we were up against it yesterday.

I am not accepting mediocrity, but a bit of perspective would not go astray.

Always a highlight to read these type of threads post defeat.

I suppose all the Political Correctness in schools these days has created a whole bunch of people who cannot handle defeat with any sort of dignity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defeat is far easier to accept when your side has used all the ammunition at its disposal. Freo were poor and did not make the required effort, therefore I can fully understand the OP's frustration.

Leadership is required from Pav, but I don't think we'll see any. It may actually be time to free him from the responsibility of the Captaincy and give it to somebody more deserving.

Defeat is far easier to accept when your side has used all the ammunition at its disposal. Freo were poor and did not make the required effort, therefore I can fully understand the OP's frustration.

Leadership is required from Pav, but I don't think we'll see any.
It may actually be time to free him from the responsibility of the Captaincy and give it to somebody more deserving.

I don't think that would help at all.

I don't think that would help at all.

It can't be helping the younger players to watch the Captain put in one insipid performance after another then have a crack at them for not providing enough support. Perhaps he should consider leading by example.

Pav has not been insipid. Some of the younger players need to work harder. Good on him for having a crack at them.

Pav has not been insipid. Some of the younger players need to work harder. Good on him for having a crack at them.

You should try watching the games a little closer. I wish we could extract the enthusiasm and passion from some of the younger players and inject it into Pav.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Nat Fyfe, Matt DeBoer, Kepler Bradley and Hayden Ballantyne all fall into this category. Pav needs to lift his own game before he takes potshots at others.

You should try watching the games a little closer. I wish we could extract the enthusiasm and passion from some of the younger players and inject it into Pav.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Nat Fyfe, Matt DeBoer, Kepler Bradley and Hayden Ballantyne all fall into this category. Pav needs to lift his own game before he takes potshots at others.

I love Matty Pavlich, best Fremantle player ever and a genuine superstar that even with 6 All Australian jumpers is still under appreciated in Victoria.

However I do not think that is would be the worst time for him to hand over the captaincy. Some one like Mundy is leading by example and Pav doesn't do the one percenters that a captain should be doing.

And to whoever quoted me before saying 4/3 is good what I was referring to is not where we sit on the ladder but how we have actually played so far this year. Round one we should of lost, our goal kicking has been the worst in the comp so far, our tacking and pressure has been non existant and we have not played anywhere near the level that we did at the start of last year. I know injuries kill but we are still fielding a good team on paper and they havn't been as slick and skillful as they were last year.

The only time we were ever really consistent was in 2006 when we won 15 or so on the trot. Is it so hard to ask for effort every week, considering the money these guys are earning. Injuries are not an excuse for not putting in the effort to run. These guys just didn't give a f$%^ Saturday.

Indeed ! Look like Tarzan, play like Jane !
icon12.gif

We never won 15 in a row. We won 9 and frankly, we were pretenders that year. Prior to our burst of glory we were crap and then we clicked for 9 games. We are a much better team now.

Currently the wheels have fallen off. No doubt about it, and it is not pretty, but it is the accumulation of a long injury list and stop-gap measures being implemented to fill holes due to the ever increasing injuries. It reminds me a little of Geelong in 2006. Hopefully we bounce back in the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back