A-League A-League 2022-23

Remove this Banner Ad

7/97 Maclaren

Maclaren Captain 👎

Kraev and Brimmer👍

My loop goalkeeper played in the first game, so couldn’t use him, should of put the C on Goodwin

Goodwin, Cummings, Tulio and Thomas to come

Last edited:

Still sitting 170 points out of 1st in Fantasy. Not sure what moves to make, if any! That Sydney FC vs Melbourne City game is huge for me. Lolley, Caceres, Maclaren & Leckie and my VC is likely to come from that game too, but i havent decided on that yet.

Who are the 'must target' players by position?

DEF = Risdon (if back in the team), Bos (?), Good (?)
MID = Goodwin, Van der Venne, Brimmer, Kraev, O'Shea, Khelifi (?)
FWD = Maclaren, Cummings, Leckie, Zawada(?)

Of that list i own Risdon, Goodwin, Kraev, O'Shea, Maclaren & Leckie. I must say finding a defender to target other than Risdon is tough. I'd love Brimmer or Van der Venne but both seem out of my price range so if i want to make a trade ill need to find a POD option. I'm hoping that Jurman will be a decent addition with Newcastle improving as the season goes on.

My current (best) team looks like:

Holmes
Risdon, Marcelo, Jurman
Goodwin, O'Shea, Kraev, Caceres
Maclaren, Leckie, Lolley

That would seem decent but my bench is poor which really limits trading options. Ideally id upgrade Caceres but again i dont really have the cash so it would take 3 trades probably. As such, i think i'll hold this round.

Finally got Van Der venne into my DT for O'Shea.

Couldnt do the same in fantasy so went down to bozanic.
Yeah O’Shea out annoying. Don’t know who to get it in. Like Hollman from MacArthur. Other than the red card game has been all 6+, couple of 10’s as well with no goals/assists yet but getting lots of shots and tackles

Yeah O’Shea out annoying. Don’t know who to get it in. Like Hollman from MacArthur. Other than the red card game has been all 6+, couple of 10’s as well with no goals/assists yet but getting lots of shots and tackles
Ive looked at Hollman and ive looked at Williams & Khellifi from Perth. Id probably choose one of the Perth guys if i based my decision on strength of schedule as their run home is favourable but for some reason i like Bozanic's upside, particularly if he starts playing a few more minutes each week. I have also looked at V.Berisha but he is fairly expensive and im a bit wary of having too many city players, for whatever reason.

Ive actually got Balard at midfielder 5 so i may see how he goes first and if he scores well, i can delay the trade for another week. Balard would need to hit double figures for me to consider that. Feels like a big decision in the context of my season given if i want a chance at getting in the prizes i need to start making up a fair amount of ground each week. Last week was a great start but i need to keep it going and with only a handful of trades left, i need to make good decisions from now on.

Cummings and Van der Venne are 2 that ill be death riding for the rest of the season most likely. Not ideal obviously, but apart from missing those 2, ive got a team im happy with.

Ive looked at Hollman and ive looked at Williams & Khellifi from Perth. Id probably choose one of the Perth guys if i based my decision on strength of schedule as their run home is favourable but for some reason i like Bozanic's upside, particularly if he starts playing a few more minutes each week. I have also looked at V.Berisha but he is fairly expensive and im a bit wary of having too many city players, for whatever reason.

Ive actually got Balard at midfielder 5 so i may see how he goes first and if he scores well, i can delay the trade for another week. Balard would need to hit double figures for me to consider that. Feels like a big decision in the context of my season given if i want a chance at getting in the prizes i need to start making up a fair amount of ground each week. Last week was a great start but i need to keep it going and with only a handful of trades left, i need to make good decisions from now on.

Cummings and Van der Venne are 2 that ill be death riding for the rest of the season most likely. Not ideal obviously, but apart from missing those 2, ive got a team im happy with.
Yeah that’s the main reason I’m a bit cold on Bozanic, not making 60 minutes the last few weeks, but if that turns around he could be good

Also thinking about going someone under 300k and banking some cash so can try and get Risdon back in soon

Also look at Berenguer, but need to see if he’s starting tomorrow. But as you say, don’t want too many City guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just kraev in fantasy. Helps that Cummings didn't do much.

As for DT, I'm close to throwing in the towel to be honest. Tulio, kraev, Cummings and laws tonight, not exactly inspiring. If I lose eliminator I probably won't bother much longer.
I have no trades left, and looks like I going to lose my eliminator

I have no trades left, and looks like I going to lose my eliminator
I've still got 6 trades left but i feel like my bench is so weak i cant generate any cash for upgrades so its just sideways trading. I think im going down with you in the eliminator.

Lost DT eliminator 103-90

Why oh why did Adelaide play Goodwin at left back? He isn't a defender and while another player may not have fit at left back either, they could've used Goodwin's attacking prowess. They were lucky to come away with a draw to be honest.

Yes, I'm annoyed about the fantasy implications (Goodwin's lowest score of the season) but also just annoyed from a spectators stand point. anyway, finished with 98. Wish I kept the VC on MacLaren instead of giving it to van Der venne. 16 points lost there (21-5) as Goodwin scored 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back