A video all Carlton supporters should watch

Remove this Banner Ad

lots to love about this...i watched this last night just before i went to bed...certainly brought back that old carlton feeling of tradition and success.
no pressure jack, but gee it would be great to see you regularly playing in dark navy...

I smiled like a little kid at Christmas all the way through that.
SOS was my favourite player. I am glad to be old enough to be able to witness at least 2 generations of Silvagni's.
I am PROUD TO BE CARLTON!

(Edit - and as I've probably mentioned a million times already, my youngest son shares SOS birthday. Actually, my oldest/other son also shares a birthday with a player that played 184 games for the club but he high-tailed it, so it doesn't count anymore! F... I love Carlton!!!!!)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2015-11-24/the-silvagni-story-continues

This is an outstanding piece of video making, weaving a story, great background sounds to build emotion, and with rare colour footage of old Serg.

I may have shed a tear or two.

What a legacy.
Dear God! I like to consider myself a "hard man", but a tear actually ran down my face watching that. That is amazing!

Ps. Jack must feel like the act that had to follow the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show...

Serge was my Grandpa's favourite player. This stirring, moving and beautifully edited video is the first footage I've ever seen of Serge in his playing days.
What a legacy. Got sentimental watching highlights of SOS. Such a talented and humble champion.
So thrilled that Jack is following the tradition that his Nonno started.
Hope Silvagni Jnr is given the time and space to become his own man and create his own history.

They'll give him the best chance possible.
He won't get preferential treatment, so he will be one of the boys, and he will be given time as he is bottom age and skinny.
To be honest, he could well play VFL ressies next year.
And that'd be fine.

Serge was my Grandpa's favourite player. This stirring, moving and beautifully edited video is the first footage I've ever seen of Serge in his playing days.
What a legacy. Got sentimental watching highlights of SOS. Such a talented and humble champion.
So thrilled that Jack is following the tradition that his Nonno started.
Hope Silvagni Jnr is given the time and space to become his own man and create his own history.

It wasn't til I watched that video til I realised that the entire Italian population of 60 million followed Carlton because of Serge...

Hope he chucks the long sleeves on.

Nah - let him be his own player.
Unless he grows a bit he won't be like SOS anyway, he'll be more like Darling, Gunston but with the ability to play back as well.
Just great to have him, no matter where he plays or what number he has, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back