Toast Adams Attitude in the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I blame Buttifant.

We saw how sensitive Mick was about the injury. No surprise that the precious Carlton board are equally unwilling to hear any alternative suggestions. The irony is that TD will be back before Judd is.

Why wasn't Frost elevated from the Rookie list this year? When Scharenberg is off the long term injury list, he will be a huge loss.

Josh Thomas should not be losing his spot unless he's really out of form.

Which he doesn't appear to be. Way too clean in tight to leave him out. As much as I love Luke Ball, it might be time to ease him out of the side to allow Adams and Thomas to take over.

Bucks has made hard calls on Thomas, Shaw, Jolly, Didak, Krakouer etc. No reason Ball should be excluded if need be. He got a premiership he so dearly sought, so no hard feelings. Ball just looks a touch slow now and doesn't seem all that sure right now when he has his hands on the ball. Second year back from a knee is the year you're meant to go back to normal.

I think Adams should be coming in no later than the game after the bye.

Which he doesn't appear to be. Way too clean in tight to leave him out. As much as I love Luke Ball, it might be time to ease him out of the side to allow Adams and Thomas to take over.

Bucks has made hard calls on Thomas, Shaw, Jolly, Didak, Krakouer etc. No reason Ball should be excluded if need be. He got a premiership he so dearly sought, so no hard feelings. Ball just looks a touch slow now and doesn't seem all that sure right now when he has his hands on the ball. Second year back from a knee is the year you're meant to go back to normal.

I still think Ball has something to offer, there are players I would be taking out before him

Or perhaps the loss of all those experienced players is exactly why we need to have a player and a leader like Luke Ball out on the field with all our emerging stars.

He hasn't at all, a few handballs to advantage doesn't make him helpful when he does very close to nothing else. I'd prefer to keep the bigger, stronger bodies that have been winning us games in the team.

I don't buy into the 'touch of class' business dwyer supposedly brings. Im aware he is a good kick, so is armstrong and barely anyone wants him in the team (me included)... no point being a good kick if you can't get the ball. He played very well against carlton last year but has contributed very little since.

I know a lot on here rate him highly, so I probably started something that i didn't mean to with that sentence... ohwell lol

Sorry mate.

I'm completely disagreeing with you on this. I don't think Dwyer is a auto-select in the 22 but a good fringe, back up midfielder and a very handy half forward goal kicker. He could be put in a few different places if he was needed... experienced, good AFL standard player.

I think he contributes a serviceable amount in most games he plays.

Sorry mate.

I'm completely disagreeing with you on this. I don't think Dwyer is a auto-select in the 22 but a good fringe, back up midfielder and a very handy half forward goal kicker. He could be put in a few different places if he was needed... experienced, good AFL standard player.

you're entitled to your opinion, you don't have to apologise :thumbsu:

Agree he reminds me of Lockyer and OBree in 2010, both were serviceable players with enormous experience between them, and could still put in good games, but invigorating the team with youth and pace is what took us forward.

1478937_677006389012612_7951453823799302699_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate.

you're entitled to your opinion, you don't have to apologise :thumbsu:

No, no, no.. sorry the correct way to go about this is to call each other flogs, bark a few personal insults back and forth and get banned for a few days. That is the bigfooty way to resolve a disagreement.

No, no, no.. sorry the correct way to go about this is to call each other flogs, bark a few personal insults back and forth and get banned for a few days. That is the bigfooty way to resolve a disagreement.

Throw in the words Nazi, fapping and lefty, along with a cat gif and you've got most of the conversations on the internet covered.

Adams is a man possessed. Haven't really seen a kid this serious about his footy since Nathan Buckley.
He really could be something quite extraordinary.

Good call. Captain Scott would be the only other one I could think of or Scotty Burns.

Actually Adams really reminds me of Burns.

We saw how sensitive Mick was about the injury. No surprise that the precious Carlton board are equally unwilling to hear any alternative suggestions. The irony is that TD will be back before Judd is.
No, I actually blame Buttifant for TD missing time. Butters should have kept TD in tip-top condition for posting, but his mismanagement has led to TD missing valuable posting weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back