VFL VFL Round 21 v Geelong - Saturday August 12 @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read last nights thread but I know if Cox is pushed under the ball once in a game there is a predictable outbreak reminding us all of the fact he can't hold his ground whereas Checkers, AJ, Cameron and McStay can drop marks or fail to hit the scoreboard and there is nowhere near the level of mockery or vitriol directed at them in comparison to a poor Cox game.

i agree if you're talking about the disrespect from people who say they are pie supporters.... but I'm not disrespecting him. I'm merely stating that he has demonstrated long-term issues. From what i saw today, he would only replace cameron if the coaches wanted to fiddle with the mix. I wouldnt play the two of them together again this season. Thats my opinion.

I haven't read last nights thread but I know if Cox is pushed under the ball once in a game there is a predictable outbreak reminding us all of the fact he can't hold his ground whereas Checkers, AJ, Cameron and McStay can drop marks or fail to hit the scoreboard and there is nowhere near the level of mockery or vitriol directed at them in comparison to a poor Cox game.
Sorry mate but Cameron was torn to shreds last night, both in the review and the changes thread. I didn’t even read the gameday thread but can’t imagine his game would have been ignored.

There’s bias creeping in here for you I think. Fwiw, I’d be replacing Cameron with Cox next week purely on the basis that Cameron has lost his ability to take marks around the ground. Cox has performed well today, although he doesn’t have much in the way of opponents.

Great win from the boys. Geelong should be pretty concerned at the lack of quality youth coming through their system. Probably the worst VFL side they’ve had for a good 15+ years tbh.

Eyre definitely worth a senior list spot next season, I hope we can get him. Loose Kelly and Eyre takes the big player spot and get a couple of mids. Allan again show some glimpses of how good he’s going to be, glad he’s getting centre bounce experience as well as wing. If he can burst out of the centre in the AFL like he did a couple of times today I’ll be happy, plus his a big lad.

Cox too good at this level, something must be up with AJ he wasn’t with it today, JC is a very good VFL player but he’s disposal is not AFL standard. Finn I hope gets a AFL recall next week and we rest some players as he definitely deserves game time in the big league.

Did what we should’ve today a very good team effort. Is there a more uncoordinated player playing than Krueger? Or should that be clumsy. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allan looking like he could become something special as a mid. Twice he’s burst from a centre clearance this quarter and set up a goal. He’s definitely learning how to use that speed of his.

Judd Like

Sorry mate but Cameron was torn to shreds last night, both in the review and the changes thread. I didn’t even read the gameday thread but can’t imagine his game would have been ignored.

There’s bias creeping in here for you I think. Fwiw, I’d be replacing Cameron with Cox next week purely on the basis that Cameron has lost his ability to take marks around the ground. Cox has performed well today, although he doesn’t have much in the way of opponents.
I'm not so harsh on DC. He carried the ruck duties pretty much on his own. 85% Game time. Double teamed by Geelong rucks who's game time was 72% and 77% so they would have been fresher. He contested well IMO. OK he dropped a couple of marks but Stanley only took 2 marks around the ground and he was his direct opponent. Not much of a differentiation there you'd think. Most times CD went up for marks he was spoiled and in a sense, the fact that he got to the contest was enough to nullify Geelong's strong marking players. Cox probably doesn't get to as many contests as DC and doesn't read the ball as well. Cox in the ruck can make us more susceptible to rebounding footy. IMO Cameron is just a better footballer than Cox and I believe that's why the coaches have selected him. I don't expect DC to be dropped.

Great win today, a vital 4 points, with the bonus of a percentage boost.
Good to see the players that did play well, are the ones we want to be pushing for senior footy at this time of the year.
McInnes, Macrae, Cox, Krueger, Bianco, Wilson, Carmichael and Ruscoe, all playing well....

I'm not so harsh on DC. He carried the ruck duties pretty much on his own. 85% Game time. Double teamed by Geelong rucks who's game time was 72% and 77% so they would have been fresher. He contested well IMO. OK he dropped a couple of marks but Stanley only took 2 marks around the ground and he was his direct opponent. Not much of a differentiation there you'd think. Most times CD went up for marks he was spoiled and in a sense, the fact that he got to the contest was enough to nullify Geelong's strong marking players. Cox probably doesn't get to as many contests as DC and doesn't read the ball as well. Cox in the ruck can make us more susceptible to rebounding footy. IMO Cameron is just a better footballer than Cox and I believe that's why the coaches have selected him. I don't expect DC to be dropped.
I’m not sure what relevance Stanley’s marks have in relation to Cameron dropping simple marks. Him being poor overhead doesn’t make Camerons performance any better. I judge him on the standard we’ve come to expect from him for the past 18 months, and he was well down on that last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back