VFL VFL Round 21 v Geelong - Saturday August 12 @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference is some (myself included) have pushed for his inclusion at senior level… from early on this year. Seeing that he could come in and play a role… and fast track his development in the process

Others prefer to keep persevering with WHE every week regardless of how he performs 🤷‍♂️

* to his credit WHE had one of his better games last night

That's just your WHE bias coming to the fore, he's had a really good year. Allan's time will come. He was close to a debut early before COVID??, took time to regain that sort of form. Now getting a lot more time in the guts (where he belongs) rather than out on a wing, and that has essentially been the catalyst for his form improvement. It's no biggy if he has to wait till 2024. Look forward to seeing all of Allan, McInnes, and Macrae in 2024.

He’s yet to cement a spot in the seniors but solid in the reserves.
Hard to work out his best position, no doubt has tools..

He is a Forward that can have Few Minutes in the Midfield.

Bit like De Goey

That's just your WHE bias coming to the fore, he's had a really good year. Allan's time will come. He was close to a debut early before COVID??, took time to regain that sort of form. Now getting a lot more time in the guts (where he belongs) rather than out on a wing, and that has essentially been the catalyst for his form improvement. It's no biggy if he has to wait till 2024. Look forward to seeing all of Allan, McInnes, and Macrae in 2024.
Allan looked impressive storming out of the middle stabbing an effective kick to a forward target. I understand what recruiters saw in him. I saw enough in 2 possessions out of clearances to allow me to sit back and wait patiently for his AFL debut.

Good point actually. Feels a bit of a young de goey before he worked on his tank as he got older.
I don't yet see De Goey's forward prowess in him, but who knows when you consider the transformation in players like J Daicos, Murphy, Noble - anyone really who stays on a list and builds on a quiet start to become a regular player. Once the potential in a player truly becomes apparent, there's a contentment to allow him to sit longer on the backburner, while at the same time eager for him to become an AFL player of worth.

I didn't see the first half, but the commentators ( I like the English guy) spoke very positively about McIness's game, a player similarly the pick of our early draftees, on whom we have been waiting to take the next step. He has chosen the right time of year to step up, if that is what he is doing.

I don't yet see De Goey's forward prowess in him, but who knows when you consider the transformation in players like J Daicos, Murphy, Noble - anyone really who stays on a list and builds on a quiet start to become a regular player. Once the potential in a player truly becomes apparent, there's a contentment to allow him to sit longer on the backburner, while at the same time eager for him to become an AFL player of worth.

I didn't see the first half, but the commentators ( I like the English guy) spoke very positively about McIness's game, a player similarly the pick of our early draftees, on whom we have been waiting to take the next step. He has chosen the right time of year to step up, if that is what he is doing.
Gave you a like because I too enjoyed the English guy's commentary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave you a like because I too enjoyed the English guy's commentary
I was at the game, but only a few metres around from the commentators. From what I heard he seemed reasonable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back