Discussion Adelaide 2015 Away and Clash jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

When are manufacturer changes usually announced? I'm guessing that all clubs have family days coming up, so they wouldn't want to announce it before then so they can flog more 2014 merch.

Changed before pre-season training? Before Christmas?

We announced Puma on November 1 in 2012.

October-November seems to be around the time these things get announced, one-offs and new home/away/clash jumpers are announced around then a lot as well.

October 31 is the end of the year for footy clubs, so it would make sense that changes are announced in early November.

On another note, met with BLK today and they said they've got six AFL teams for next year. I could only think of five - Richmond, Adelaide, GWS, Bulldogs and Brisbane. Does anyone know who the sixth is?

October 31 is the end of the year for footy clubs, so it would make sense that changes are announced in early November.

On another note, met with BLK today and they said they've got six AFL teams for next year. I could only think of five - Richmond, Adelaide, GWS, Bulldogs and Brisbane. Does anyone know who the sixth is?
Umpires?

St Kilda :(

If the Saints move to BLK, it'll see the end for the black on the shoulder of the red side that makes me cringe every time in see it.
That might not happen seeing they don't know how to create a clash jumper for Richmond. It will piss more people off which they love while them buying their merch.

That might not happen seeing they don't know how to create a clash jumper for Richmond. It will piss more people off which they love while them buying their merch.
They know how to make a clash jumper that Richmond will be happy with and the AFL not ballsy enough to deny.

If the Saints move to BLK, it'll see the end for the black on the shoulder of the red side that makes me cringe every time in see it.
I like the shoulders, they sort of frame the front of the guernsey. I'm hoping for white cuffs and collar, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So WC will be the only Puma team next year, when was the last time there was one Puma team? Gibbsy

Never! Hawthorn's association from 1998-2012 and Sydney's association from 1997-2009 meant that for that 1998-2009 period there was at least two. 1997 had Brisbane, St Kilda and West Coast in Puma alongside Sydney.

West Coast's 1997-present association meant that from 2010-2012 at least two teams had Puma (West Coast and Hawthorn)

And then of course Adelaide jumped on in 2013 to keep it at least two, with West Coast still continuing.

Never! Hawthorn's association from 1998-2012 and Sydney's association from 1997-2009 meant that for that 1998-2009 period there was at least two. 1997 had Brisbane, St Kilda and West Coast in Puma alongside Sydney.

West Coast's 1997-present association meant that from 2010-2012 at least two teams had Puma (West Coast and Hawthorn)

And then of course Adelaide jumped on in 2013 to keep it at least two, with West Coast still continuing.
Is there a list somewhere of who was associated with which manufacturer when, for chumps like me? :p

Is the WC/Puma partnership the current longest in the AFL? Everyone else I can think of has changed since 2000, were Carlton always with Nike?

It can't be a coincidence that a 1/3 of the comp will be wearing BLK jumpers.

Is it big $$$$ contracts? Cheap costs for the clubs? Would Mero know?
Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z!!!!

We are stuck with BLK till 2018 :(

I reckon they'll still have the same collar in 2018 too
I like the BLK collar :(

I just don't like that more often than not, it's off center and looks weird compared to the KooGa/BLK text below it.

Is the WC/Puma partnership the current longest in the AFL? Everyone else I can think of has changed since 2000, were Carlton always with Nike?

Carlton and West Coast are the only two to have not have any more than one manufacturer logo on the jumpers when they were introduced in 1997, Carlton might have been with Adidas still but I don't believe it ever actually made it onto their gear.

West Coast would have the longest sponsorship with Puma though as Carlton went from Adidias to Puma in the mid 1997 (Remember Kouta and the boots)

I like the BLK collar :(

I just don't like that more often than not, it's off center and looks weird compared to the KooGa/BLK text below it.
Don't get me started on the quality.. I've sent back 3 jumpers due to crookedness

I reckon collars should be changed every 2 years, gives the jumper a freshen up and people will update. If they don't change the collars what's the point of buying a new jumper?

Don't get me started on the quality.. I've sent back 3 jumpers due to crookedness

I reckon collars should be changed every 2 years, gives the jumper a freshen up and people will update. If they don't change the collars what's the point of buying a new jumper?
I usually just rifle through and pick one out that isn't crooked, seeing as I don't really order online. I bought a Mitch Honeychurch name jumper on order though, and the collar's a tiny bit crooked, but I'm too happy with it to care.

I do have an old Diadora one from 2009 though, and the difference in quality is substantial.

I'd say the point of buying a new jumper is to put a different number on it, or get a new one as the team releases a new one. If the template changes and nothing else changes I wouldn't buy a new one.

Carlton and West Coast are the only two to have not have any more than one manufacturer logo on the jumpers when they were introduced in 1997, Carlton might have been with Adidas still but I don't believe it ever actually made it onto their gear.

West Coast would have the longest sponsorship with Puma though as Carlton went from Adidias to Puma in the mid 1997 (Remember Kouta and the boots)
From memory, someone said that Hawthorn and Puma had the longest deal just after they announced they were changing to Adidas.

I'd say the point of buying a new jumper is to put a different number on it, or get a new one as the team releases a new one. If the template changes and nothing else changes I wouldn't buy a new one.
But many people don't get numbers on their jumpers. Personally, if the jumpers get a new template or collar, I like to buy a jumper for it, but I tend to wait for the next year as the team normally changes their clash at then (eg ISC)

But many people don't get numbers on their jumpers. Personally, if the jumpers get a new template or collar, I like to buy a jumper for it, but I tend to wait for the next year as the team normally changes their clash at then (eg ISC)
Fair enough. Everyone has different reasons for buying them.

I'd probably only buy the clash on the new template, and just update the home every few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back