Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the Grand Final is between Adelaide and Melbourne Victory. I wonder if the FFA play the game in Adelaide rather than the very likely AAMI park.

Why would the SMA be embarrassed? They are the ones who release the attedence figure.
Might stop them getting future games perhaps.

As for playing the Victory here..... no chance. The big clubs get looked after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western stand holds 14,000, I would say it was around half full so 7000 there.

Southern stand maybe 700? Level 1 looked pretty empty.

Northern end probably had 500 on the hill and another 500 in northern seating bowl.

Eastern stand was fairly full on level 1, I'd say 5,500 (level 1 holds around 7000 seats).

Middle tier was pretty full apart from the audi club, around 2000?

Maybe 1500 on the top tier of East stand?

If those estimations are correct I'd say around 17,700.

Its just didn't sound like 17-18K, whereas 17K at Coopers when Mabil snuck the goal in would nearly have torn the place down.

Everyone has said for years that if you fill the corners in you'd get early to mid 20K and that would be perfect for just about every game bar Liverpool type friendlies and god forbid marquee Socceroos games.

Villareal didn't want to play their game at AO either just quietly.

I wonder if the Grand Final is between Adelaide and Melbourne Victory. I wonder if the FFA play the game in Adelaide rather than the very likely AAMI park.

It would be in Melbourne as Victory finished higher in the season.

Only way we could host the GF is if whoever wins the game on Sunday can take out Victory along the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back