Administration - The AFL v NRL *Moderator Approved* - Rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014Fridaynights.png

I am guessing that friday night live ( NRL) is the compilation of 2 games ( usually), and the friday night delay is the same.

I am guessing that friday night live ( NRL) is the compilation of 2 games ( usually), and the friday night delay is the same.

This is done by broadcast, not matches. So Friday Night Live for the NRL is what it is. Its the qeensland game shown live into Brisbane and qld regional, with the Sydney game shown live in Sydney and NSW regional, and then inverted for the delayed game.

Perth NRL audiences for a friday night surprisingly strong compared to the Melbourne audiences for the same.
its interesting with the NRL friday night games, most of the year they are the double header, but now with origin just wrapped up, they had been showing just the one game, with several teams having a bye each round, their friday night ratings haven't been as strong due to the single game

I think it will be very hard for RL to get to 20,000 average any time soon They already get blanket coverage in the Sydney Media and the crowds are static.

The AFL will still be able to grow crowds on the back of better fixturing esp in Victoria and the prospect of filling the new 60,000 seat Perth Stadium plus once GWS starts winning consistantly they will also get better crowds.

When GWS start winning other clubs start losing. Their crowds go down...

This is done by broadcast, not matches. So Friday Night Live for the NRL is what it is. Its the qeensland game shown live into Brisbane and qld regional, with the Sydney game shown live in Sydney and NSW regional, and then inverted for the delayed game.

Yes, i am aware of that, so it is the compilation of 2 games as is the delayed game.

We have to get down to the 15th game ( Brisbane V Canterbury ) till we actually find one NRL game used for ratings purposes, rather than 2

And that game ( Brisbane V Canterbury ) is the only RL game in the top 25 where one game instead of 2 is used, and it was in round one.

Yes, i am aware of that, so it is the compilation of 2 games as is the delayed game.

We have to get down to the 15th game ( Brisbane V Canterbury ) till we actually find one NRL game used for ratings purposes, rather than 2

And that game ( Brisbane V Canterbury ) is the only RL game in the top 25 where one game instead of 2 is used, and it was in round one.

Doesnt matter if its one game or five games, its one broadcast slot, that beats another broadcast slot. AFL broadcasts do this on Saturdays all the time - look at the saturday arvo and night figures - they can be compressed from up to three separate locally targeted games at a time.

2014AFLtvratingsR17.png

2014NRLtvratingsR18.png

Doesnt matter if its one game or five games, its one broadcast slot, that beats another broadcast slot. AFL broadcasts do this on Saturdays all the time - look at the saturday arvo and night figures - they can be compressed from up to three separate locally targeted games at a time.

2014AFLtvratingsR17.png

2014NRLtvratingsR18.png

Yes thats true and i agree with you, but Friday night is what we are comparing because it is the most easiest and also a flagship night, we can compare FTA between the AFL and NRL.

Saturday is much harder to compare due to the NRL just being on Fox.

They are assuming that fans will be more attracted to come to these grounds for what reason? Just because they will be building a roof over these venues?
Melbourne fans aren't flocking to Etihad just because of this, and Sydney RL followers don't travel well, which they will be required to under this arrangement. This has been shown time and time again.

And Penrith for a new 45k stadium? There was barely a decent crowd to see the top of the table Panthers there last night. What need would there be to build that size of a stadium there? Wanderers don't get those kind of crowds either.
In the end it will come down to the Wanderers regarding this new stadium out west. Of there 14 home games, 9 were offically sold out last season even though crowds were around 15k. They did have 17000 reserved seat memebers in a 21000 seater stadium in 13/14 season. I could see them pulling 30k plus crowds in a decent larger stadium.
They have the pulling power that the NRL clubs dont in the region and this will hold the balace of power much like Melbourne Victory did over the building and final size of AAMI Park.

The DT is getting all excited at the NRL passing the 2 million mark and ave of 16,000 They still have a long way to go to even get near the AFL crowds.Maybe playing at the two city stadiums will lift the crowds eventually.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...992720885?nk=fb5be46f909c37ad83f125c6c3cd9802
no, the NRL has never had decent crowds & never will. you could build a brand new stadium with roof at each of the clubs home venues, the crowd would still not flock to the grounds, because the support is not there

no, the NRL has never had decent crowds & never will. you could build a brand new stadium with roof at each of the clubs home venues, the crowd would still not flock to the grounds, because the support is not there

Thats not entirely true. The NRLs crowds are about where they should be. Its the AFL crowds that are abnormal in a world context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats not entirely true. The NRLs crowds are about where they should be. Its the AFL crowds that are abnormal in a world context.

Been abnormal for a long time, across a multiple of states for a very long time, most people would see it as normal.

Then those people have a narrow field of view.

Huh ?.

Your response appears rather obtuse

Are you saying that the millions of fans who have gone to WAFL, SANFL, VFL, VFA Tassie etc games over the past 100 + years in huge numbers have a narrow field of view.

Or is just me you are singling out here ?.

Huh ?.

Your response appears rather obtuse

Are you saying that the millions of fans who have gone to WAFL, SANFL, VFL, VFA Tassie etc games over the past 100 + years in huge numbers have a narrow field of view.

Or is just me you are singling out here ?.

Millions of football fans arent spouting nonsense about NRL crowds, so no I wasnt talking about the majority of people who couldnt give a damn if the NRL gets 20 people or 20,0000 people to a game.

Im saying that people who dont understand the realities of the situation at hand, and carry on like NRL crowds are abominable, are fundamentally wrong when viewed through a wider lense. The comment wasnt directed at you If it feels like a witchhunt against you, might be because at a glance you appear to be a card carrying member of this particular fraternity.

The facts: in 2013, the NRL was the 21st highest crowd pulling professional league in the world, and 19th for a football based sport (the other three were baseball and the BBL). It ranks with the second highest English football division, Major league Soccer and with the 2nd division of the Bundesliga. In short, it appears to be exactly where it should be for the second placed crowd pulling football sport in a given country.

Millions of football fans arent spouting nonsense about NRL crowds, so no I wasnt talking about the majority of people who couldnt give a damn if the NRL gets 20 people or 20,0000 people to a game.

Im saying that people who dont understand the realities of the situation at hand, and carry on like NRL crowds are abominable, are fundamentally wrong when viewed through a wider lense. The comment wasnt directed at you If it feels like a witchhunt against you, might be because at a glance you appear to be a card carrying member of this particular fraternity.

The facts: in 2013, the NRL was the 21st highest crowd pulling professional league in the world, and 19th for a football based sport (the other three were baseball and the BBL). It ranks with the second highest English football division, Major league Soccer and with the 2nd division of the Bundesliga. In short, it appears to be exactly where it should be for the second placed crowd pulling football sport in a given country.

Serious !! o_O , and you appear to be part of the fraternity that seems to need the power to moderate everyone and everything according to your wishes.

Just as an aside I stumbled upon another website a couple of days ago that you also feel the need to moderate, http://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/index.php and no, i am not a member.

And of course your need to comment reguarly on league unlimited ( TFC) which is undoubtedly where the sewage of RL fans congregate.

Serious !! o_O , and you appear to be part of the fraternity that seems to need the power to moderate everyone and everything according to your wishes.

Just as an aside I stumbled upon another website a couple of days ago that you also feel the need to moderate, http://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/index.php and no, i am not a member.

And of course your need to comment reguarly on league unlimited ( TFC) which is undoubtedly where the sewage of RL fans congregate.

That opinion is formed on the basis of a number of posts by a number of people here and in a thread on the Suns board (and various other forums). The facts are that the crowds arent as bad as people make them seem, that free/discuount tickets arent the begining of the end of the NRL cause, or the AFL would be screwed too, and that the NRLs crowd averages sit where it should for the number 2 crowd pulling code in any given country in the world, but hey why should facts have anything to do with stuff

It should be noted that this thread exists solely because I suggested and created it, and its moderation is at my discretion. It was stated from day 1 of its creation that this thread would be moderated harshly.

In point of fact, Ive rarely moderated any post or thread you've made, whether I agree with it or not, unless it was off topic in this particular thread. I regularly remove myself from moderating discussions where I believe the perception of bias could be had - generally I request other mods - usually Doss - to take a gander at things Im concerned with if I feel the need - and even then I dont do it regularly.

For the record, i didnt "feel the need" to moderate talkingfooty, I refused nomination by its admin several times on account of the stuff i do here, and it was only after being pressed again by both sides of the league and afl fraternities there that i took the job, and that forum hasnt had an issue with moderation since. What forums i moderate or participate in are not relevant to this discussion. Remarkably also, Ive found that if you dont treat the guys at Leagueunlimited like they are - how did you say - "the sewage of Rugby league fans" - then you can have quite civilised discussions about things afl and nrl related.

its a credit to the code and the product that it is.
AFL is the highest attended sport in the world, when you add total population in to it.
dont know much on the EPL, but for the NFL, 32 teams based around 52 states, who play 8 home games a year, in cities of 3 million plus & the game is never shown live against the gate.

2014AFLtvratingsR17.png

2014NRLtvratingsR18.png
true, however the major difference is the NRL play their biggest club with the biggest audience about 80% of the time on FN, where as the AFL mix it up

RL Columnist Roy Masters, yes that is correct, RL columnist, missing a stack between 2012 and now, but i guess people get the idea.

Couple of new ones from ROY

Only the AFL could force one government body to investigate another government body at a cost of $500,000.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-no-stranger-to-drugs-dramas-20140718-zuk4o.html#ixzz37zLCHzqd

And Roys bold new prediction, yes thats right, it is his bold prediction, how bold of Roy to predict that :rolleyes:

A bold prediction: the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry into peptide use at Essendon and Cronulla will eventually bring down the AFL leadership, while the reputation of the NRL will be enhanced, particularly with government

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/afl-to-emerge-as-big-losers-from-asada-inquiry-but-nrl-faces-rosier-report-card-20140718-ztv97.html#ixzz37zLyxcT8

RL Columnist Roy Masters, yes that is correct, RL columnist, missing a stack between 2012 and now, but i guess people get the idea.

Couple of new ones from ROY

Only the AFL could force one government body to investigate another government body at a cost of $500,000.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-no-stranger-to-drugs-dramas-20140718-zuk4o.html#ixzz37zLCHzqd

And Roys bold new prediction, yes thats right, it is his bold prediction, how bold of Roy to predict that :rolleyes:

A bold prediction: the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry into peptide use at Essendon and Cronulla will eventually bring down the AFL leadership, while the reputation of the NRL will be enhanced, particularly with government

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/afl-to-emerge-as-big-losers-from-asada-inquiry-but-nrl-faces-rosier-report-card-20140718-ztv97.html#ixzz37zLyxcT8
yeah he is a moron. His two pet hates are the AFL and the Balmain half of Wests Tigers

true, however the major difference is the NRL play their biggest club with the biggest audience about 80% of the time on FN, where as the AFL mix it up

The afl do not mix up Friday nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back