Game Day AFL 2019 Grand Final - Richmond v Greater Western Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Being that suspensions in a grand final are doubled I am expecting Toby Greene to come back in the middle of 2021.
Do you think the crowd will chant hattrick *clap clap clap* hattrick *clap clap clap* every time he goes near the ball anticipating him eye gouging three weeks in a row?

View attachment 752294

GWS don’t belong in the league let alone the grand final.
If those 15k+ members are Sydney based, you can't really blame them. Especially when airlines jack the prices up a ridiculous amount for GF.

That said, I don't believe GWS has 30k members ...

There is legit going to be 90000 Richmond supporters, 9000 neutral supporters and 1000 GWS supporters (600 of which were hired by Gil). I think the Richmond boos are going to drown out anything GWS does.

You forgot the 30,000 or so corporates who don’t give a **** at all.

If those 15k+ members are Sydney based, you can't really blame them. Especially when airlines jack the prices up a ridiculous amount for GF.

If you love your side enough you’ll be there. I’ll be happily making the 9 hour drive to Sydney next weekend if the Raiders somehow make it.

Carlton went into the 1995 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Geelong in Round 12). WON GF to make it 16 straight.

North Melbourne went into the 1998 GF with 11 wins in a row (which included Adelaide at Football Park in Round 21). LOST GF.

Brisbane Lions went into the 2001 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Essendon in Round 10 - the "Predator" game). WON GF to make it 16 straight.

Geelong went into the 2008 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Hawthorn in Round 17). LOST GF. :D

Hawthorn went into the 2012 GF with 14 wins from their last 15 games (which included Sydney at the SCG in Round 22), with the only loss between Round 9 and the GF being the Hawkins after the siren game. LOST GF. :'(

Richmond are going in to the 2019 GF with 11 wins in a row (which includes Giants in Round 17)...

Which one will it be, Tigers?

Last edited:
Carlton went into the 1995 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Geelong in Round 12). WON GF to make it 16 straight.

North Melbourne went into the 1998 GF with 11 wins in a row (which included Adelaide at Football Park in Round 21). LOST GF.

Brisbane Lions went into the 2008 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Essendon in Round 10 - the "Predator" game). WON GF to make it 16 straight.

Geelong went into the 2008 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Hawthorn in Round 17). LOST GF. :D

Hawthorn went into the 2012 GF with 14 wins from their last 15 games (which included Sydney at the SCG in Round 22), with the only loss between Round 9 and the GF being the Hawkins after the siren game. LOST GF. :'(

Richmond are going in to the 2019 GF with 11 wins in a row (which includes Giants in Round 17)...

Reported for mentioning 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 752294

GWS don’t belong in the league let alone the grand final.
20,000 of those are one of either an anagram for Gillion McLaughlan, a pseudonym for Gil McLaughlan, corporates who already have AFL sponsorship corporate tickets, or AFL players who buy a memberships for all struggling clubs and already get a ticket for being a player.

Brisbane Lions went into the 2008 GF with 15 wins in a row (which included Essendon in Round 10 - the "Predator" game). WON GF to make it 16 straight.

Fake news. There wasn’t a grand final in 2012 😜

Really?

Being that suspensions in a grand final are doubled I am expecting Toby Greene to come back in the middle of 2021.
Mumford the other one.

Hoping the Giants win. Never met a fan, complete peace and quiet for 6 months if they do. Plus I don’t want Tigers getting 2 flags in 3 years (having finished on top last year). With Rance to return next year, don’t like the idea of them building a bit of a dynasty.

Think Tigers will win but Giants are good value. Their midfield is insanely good and Toby Greene seems born to dominate a grand final. He plays better without Coniglio in the side (as Williams does without Whitfield, that’s the downside on their ridiculous top end depth). I reckon if De Boar can handle Martin, Giants a very good chance. They match up well. If Martin gets off chain though, he’s the best in the business and Tigers should win.

Looking forward to it. Truly one of the great days of the year

The first grand final ever I may not watch.
I genuinely expect the Tiges to win by plenty and for it to be over early.
I could not be less interested.
Bring on 2020.

I have absolutely no interest in this game whatsoever. Finals series has been a real disappointment for me, so I'm hoping for a nice sunny day that I can spend outside doing some gardening!

I have a heart warming story about the only GWS supporter I know. He is one of my best mates kids.

Anyhow the story of how this young lad came to barrack for the Giants is a ball tickler. Said kids dad is an avid Carlton fan who thought he would cherry pick a game to take his young fella's along to watch and they would then be of the belief that Carlton are a mighty and fearsome side and someone who you would naturally want to barrack for. Think it was 2013.

As with any good plan it went completely balls up and the Giants got over the top. Enough said...solid GWS supporter, paid up member, jumper wearing, poster in room, GWS lover. And a salty bitter Carlton supporting Dad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back