Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Cats v GWS Sat May 27th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • GWS by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What is this the round of the upsets? Quick everyone get on eagles and north lol
It has too many upsets.....
season 8 GIF

Did Toby Greene seriously just get boo’d being chaired off? Surely I was hearing things
I thought the same. Hopefully not, because it's pretty damn poor form if he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they did. But will Danger, Stanley, Guthrie, Menegola be there in 2 years? Will Izzy, Ceglar, Blitz, 2E be there in 2 years?

Who knows, but with midfield rotation consisting of Blicavs, Bruhn, Atkins and Parfitt, with O'Connor moving in there too, and Ceglar in ruck, even an experienced player would have looked bad playing there today. They had no hope before the game even started, and did well to even be a chance near the end. Not sure why some are calling it an upset - did they even look at teams?

What is this the round of the upsets? Quick everyone get on eagles and north lol

I blew a stack on the 5 favourites to win today and tonight thinking it was the easiest day of footy to tip this year.. I was very wrong. Always easier to swallow being very wrong than just a little wrong so keep the upsets coming.

That's a devastating loss in the context of the season, just had to find a way to scratch out a win at home.

Since the Adelaide game it's been jarring to see how comfortable opponents have looked against us with a 2-3 goal lead: we can't string goals together quickly and we can't shut the opposition out at the other end. With the current personnel, it appears the best chance for a win is just converting every half chance and making no unforced errors. And the past three weeks certainly haven't been examples of that.

GWS had a few key outs too and they got reward for 100% commitment. Three on the trot at Kardinia Park.

Back