FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read Gerard's article. Don't blame Ross at all. Absolute campaigner act by Gerard writing rubbish like that.

Nothing he wrote was factually incorrect, and his opinion is just that. I'm surprised Ross has chosen to have a big sook over it (assuming of course that that is what he has got his knickers in a twist about). When you have to go behind your management and club's back to screw another coach out of his job, you are going to get negative blowback.

Nothing he wrote was factually incorrect, and his opinion is just that. I'm surprised Ross has chosen to have a big sook over it (assuming of course that that is what he has got his knickers in a twist about). When you have to go behind your management and club's back to screw another coach out of his job, you are going to get negative blowback.
"Whatever honour Lyon has collected...was shed"

"Lyon's defection will stand as a low point in a football landscape riddled with dishonesty and treachy"

He then attacks the players for wanting more money, calls everyone involved greedy, attacks Essendon for the whole ASADA saga and THEN calls Ross Lyon worse than any of them.

He calls Lyon a "villain". Has the tenacity to declare he'll "regret" his actions. And then at the end pontificates about "truth".

Nah. For this article Whateley can get f***ed.

"Whatever honour Lyon has collected...was shed"

"Lyon's defection will stand as a low point in a football landscape riddled with dishonesty and treachy"

He then attacks the players for wanting more money, calls everyone involved greedy, attacks Essendon for the whole ASADA saga and THEN calls Ross Lyon worse than any of them.

He calls Lyon a "villain". Has the tenacity to declare he'll "regret" his actions. And then at the end pontificates about "truth".

Nah. For this article Whateley can get f***ed.

That's all well and good, but it's a bit soft to never talk to the journo again. I can understand the coach doing that if Whateley invented stories out of thin air, but on this occasion he merely took a very dim view of a well documented mercenary act where the coach deceived his club and his management team and got a fellow coach sacked into the bargain.

That's all well and good, but it's a bit soft to never talk to the journo again. I can understand the coach doing that if Whateley invented stories out of thin air, but on this occasion he merely took a very dim view of a well documented mercenary act where the coach deceived his club and his management team and got a fellow coach sacked into the bargain.
Some people find certain things especially offensive. Dale Steyn for example. Very hard playing cricketer. But was *deeply* offended when Clarke called him a "cheat". It's just the way some people are. Perhaps the bit about his honour particularly offended Lyon. I know if someone said something similar about me I wouldn't look on it too favourably.

Some people find certain things especially offensive. Dale Steyn for example. Very hard playing cricketer. But was *deeply* offended when Clarke called him a "cheat". It's just the way some people are. Perhaps the bit about his honour particularly offended Lyon. I know if someone said something similar about me I wouldn't look on it too favourably.

Would you have acted like Lyon did?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I know you can't talk about it but are you interested in Matthew Krueger? "

"No."

Apart from the occasional terrible question from Robbo, that interview with Gil was both entertaining and insightful

Edit: mainly entertaining.. But good TV nonetheless

The Essendon questions were batted off with the irrelevant disdain they deserved.

My opinion on the whole Goodes thing all along has been pretty much what Buckley was saying, if the media didn't pile on so much focus on the booing it would've fazed out long ago. You only have to go onto a HUN article about Goodes and see the multitudes of comments to realise that this issue has been clickbait gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back