FTA-TV AFL 360 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

wow essendon acting childish. calling up the producers and saying that Mark Thompson cant sit next to Robbo this year because of naming players but will let him do the show.

Surely that was tongue in cheek.
And Robbo has already sworn on 360 tonight.

Surely that was tongue in cheek.
And Robbo has already sworn on 360 tonight.

Doubt it with how defensive they have been over the past year i wouldnt put it past them. otherwise why move him to the other side of the desk. Didnt they call and make robbo not ask him about the players being drug cheats last season?

Doubt it with how defensive they have been over the past year i wouldnt put it past them. otherwise why move him to the other side of the desk. Didnt they call and make robbo not ask him about the players being drug cheats last season?

I thought it was a piss take to be truthful. Seemed to be quite jovial when they were talking about it.

wow essendon acting childish. calling up the producers and saying that Mark Thompson cant sit next to Robbo this year because of naming players but will let him do the show.
I agree, good on Robbo for calling them out on it too, rather than pretending nothing was happening. The whole dynamic between Gerard & Robbo seems very strained at the moment, over this issue. When Gerard said, "You can't expect there'll be no fall out, Robbo," really made me cringe. Things aren't good between Robbo & Gerard right now.

Paul Roos couldn't stop talking as per usual, what a wind bag that guy is. Good for Bomber who can sit there and not do much like he normally does, and let Roos mouth off.

I agree, good on Robbo for calling them out on it too, rather than pretending nothing was happening. The whole dynamic between Gerard & Robbo seems very strained at the moment, over this issue. When Gerard said, "You can't expect there'll be no fall out, Robbo," really made me cringe. Things aren't good between Robbo & Gerard right now.

Paul Roos couldn't stop talking as per usual, what a wind bag that guy is. Good for Bomber who can sit there and not do much like he normally does, and let Roos mouth off.
Gerard and Robbo are still cool but agree on your fist point.

Gerard and Robbo are still cool
I think it's very superficial though. They have to work together. Robbo's recent complaints about feeling lie a ‘shag on a rock’ and his increased swearing in the show are symptoms of the underlying tension. But I maybe wrong, I agree.

They've been good so far tonight.
Do we sometimes look for things that are probably not there?
Agree that Gerard & Robbo are completely different blokes, and of course there are going to be nights when things don't go smoothly, but I haven't really detected any tension between the two of them. Or maybe I just don't pick up on these types of things.

They've been good so far tonight.
Do we sometimes look for things that are probably not there?
Agree that Gerard & Robbo are completely different blokes, and of course there are going to be nights when things don't go smoothly, but I haven't really detected any tension between the two of them. Or maybe I just don't pick up on these types of things.
I thought Gerards dig at Robbo for making a joke about Ball's shirt, and his answer about ASADA and protecting the players were evidence of what's going on. Gerard is a professional, so he'll never overtly make it look like he's pissed off with Robbo. But it slips out every now and then.

I thought Gerards dig at Robbo for making a joke about Ball's shirt, and his answer about ASADA and protecting the players were evidence of what's going on. Gerard is a professional, so he'll never overtly make it look like he's pissed off with Robbo. But it slips out every now and then.

I don't see it like that.
I just see it as two people who have different ways of expressing themselves & Robbo being more "bloke-ish" than Gerard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's certainly not the show it originally set out to be.

i still like it, as it gives an hour's coverage of football discussion every night, but remember when it said it was going to be a review of the game from all angles, examining the media, the politics, the games, and all spots in between?

it was originally much more of a commercial take on offsiders, but obviously solely focussed on afl. it's certainly not that any more.

god i would love an hour of offsiders at least once a week, solely focussed on afl. would be great viewing.

.....There was never THAT many. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Robbo can keep being the great man of the people, and fantasizing of lavish lives lived elsewhere than our great game.

it's certainly not the show it originally set out to be.

Robbo is not equipped to be in-depth as Gerard for as long. He drifts and 'phones it in' a LOT.

Its weaknesses were remedied by light heartedness becoming the source of entertainment. News is not presented in an entertaining enough fashion. But the humor is very refined and polished now.

Comments like this I find bewildering.

He was asked questions. He answered them. How does that constitute "mouthing off"? Is it the fact he explains his position clearly and articulately that you find so offensive?

Even though it never bothered me, I can somewhat understand the annoyance over the way he always used the Swans as a reference point. But other than that, I don't get what the big deal is. Perhaps you can explain it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back