FTA-TV AFL 360 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Great show on Thursday night with Sandy Roberts giving his weekend forecast. Welcome to the Fox Footy team Sandy. We all miss you.

Hope Sandy is a regular on Thursday giving his round by round preview together with Gerard and Robbo.

it's certainly not the show it originally set out to be.

i still like it, as it gives an hour's coverage of football discussion every night, but remember when it said it was going to be a review of the game from all angles, examining the media, the politics, the games, and all spots in between?

it was originally much more of a commercial take on offsiders, but obviously solely focussed on afl. it's certainly not that any more.

god i would love an hour of offsiders at least once a week, solely focussed on afl. would be great viewing.

I've been having similar thoughts this year. I'm not enjoying it at all - it's far from the compulsive viewing that I've thought it was over the last couple of years.

Maybe it's to do with the games not having started up until this weekend. But I think it's because it's become a dumbed down version of what it used to be, and a far less interesting insight into the league as a whole. The coaches on Monday are still ok - although it's been a slow start; the players on Tuesday is still good - although I was disappointed that they went with another Hawthorn player and denied us insights from another club. I wouldn't have wanted more from Collingwood or Carlton - but a Drew Petrie, a Brett Deledio or a Jimmy Bartel would've been an interesting, fun insight into another club.

must admit i don't think i watched an ep this last week, save for the coaches segment on monday, where roos looked like he was about to have a heart attack at the thought of frawley doing a knee at the praccy match slaughter vs hawks.

I agree that its lost something so far, I dont care if I dont watch a single episode anymore at the moment and probably last year. It was somehow better when it was an hour show only on Wednesdays. The best part is Maclure and King IMO, when they just talk footy and tactics and pitfalls etc.

But I think it's because it's become a dumbed down version of what it used to be, and a far less interesting insight into the league as a whole.
Agree. Maybe familiarity is starting to breed contempt but I am starting to find it overly formulaic and simple. The players get asked "how about those Hawks/Dogs" questions every week. The coaches likewise. I mean, aren't these guys selected because they can give us a more wideranging view of footy? Simply asking someone like Murphy "how does it feel when you win/lose like you did on the weekend?" seems a waste of his talents. I'd rather they aimed to not discuss the guests' clubs at all, unless something particularly newsworthy comes up.

Agree. Maybe familiarity is starting to breed contempt but I am starting to find it overly formulaic and simple. The players get asked "how about those Hawks/Dogs" questions every week. The coaches likewise. I mean, aren't these guys selected because they can give us a more wideranging view of footy? Simply asking someone like Murphy "how does it feel when you win/lose like you did on the weekend?" seems a waste of his talents. I'd rather they aimed to not discuss the guests' clubs at all, unless something particularly newsworthy comes up.
I tend to agree. The players segment in particular has become more and more about what is happening at the Dogs and Hawks. That's great for Dogs and Hawks fans, but..

I still wouldn't swap Bob Murphy for anyone. He's one of the best parts of the show as a whole.

*, Roosy gives me the shits. He just talks, and talks and talks for the sake of it. He basically answers the question in the first couple of sentences, then goes on to explain his answer (the waffling part), and then comes back and restates his answer. Roosy! Just the first answer is enough already! Let Bomber get some air time!

And Robbo, Gerard, how about directing some of the questions at Bomber to get him involved? Stop looking to Roosy for every answer.

I found, too, that Robbo goes off half-cocked sometimes and sounds like he is just talking for the sake of talking. I would like less waffling, and more precise comments/answers. Then more questions and topics could be discussed.

I'm also disappointed in Jordan Lewis being the replacement player, simply cuz he is from the Hawks. I would've preferred another club was represented, esp St Kilda, as Geelong, Syd, WB, NM, Ess Carlton and Melb are represented by their guests each week.

And where has Insiders gone? Will it be back later?

Ugh, and "Bounce", OMG, I wish it wasn't so scripted. It would be much funnier if it was a little more spontaneous, like in the days with the bowlologist and his wheel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found, too, that Robbo goes off half-cocked sometimes and sounds like he is just talking for the sake of talking. I would like less waffling, and more precise comments/answers. Then more questions and topics could be discussed.
You mean where he starts blabbering on and then starts spluttering and holds his hands up and stares at the desk and goes silent for a second because he realises he doesn't actually have a point? Yeah. Shits me too.

The concept for 360 is sound, but Robbo is easily the worst football "personality" on TV. Replace him with literally anyone else and the show improves tenfold.

Its not just 360 that does it but gee i wish the media would ask the tough questions to coaches / guests.

Sanderson was on last night. Interviewed really well as per usual - they talk up the new forward line. Then as soon as he's gone Robbo gives a strong opinion that Pods wont make an impact this year. Would love to have seen him make that statement and have Sando retort. I do understand that shows are reluctant to ask too many / any hard questions for fear they wont come back but gee it makes for boring TV.

I suppose that's why i don't mind the journalists most people seem to despise. Stevens, Barrett, Wilson....at least they aren't afraid to ask the tough questions every now & again.

I've been having similar thoughts this year. I'm not enjoying it at all - it's far from the compulsive viewing that I've thought it was over the last couple of years.
I too used to watch it every night they lost me last year around late July/August with the whole Essendon ASADA investigation and them both backing the same horse felt like they were both to Pro Essendon no fair and balance reporting. Have not watched an episode this year.

You mean where he starts blabbering on and then starts spluttering and holds his hands up and stares at the desk and goes silent for a second because he realises he doesn't actually have a point? Yeah. Shits me too.

The concept for 360 is sound, but Robbo is easily the worst football "personality" on TV. Replace him with literally anyone else and the show improves tenfold.
Also has a lot to do with me not watching anymore "Robbo" struggles on radio and TV getting his point across after four nights a week for six months becomes really annoying.

Last edited:
I too used to watch it every night they lost me last year around late July/August with the whole Essendon ASADA investigation and them both backing the same horse felt like they were both to Pro Essendon no fair and balance reporting. Have not watched an episode this year.

Also has a lot to do with me not watching anymore "Robbo" struggles on radio and TV getting his point across after four nights a week for six months becomes really annoying.
Seems that Robbo is now a fully paid up member of the Hird spin team he used the bullying term a number of times last night, that is straight form the book off Hirdspeak, again no remorse from any of Hirds supporters for the damage to the players as long as the Hero Hird is in a good place:thumbsdown:

Unless that person is

Then the show wouldnt get past the introduction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back