FTA-TV AFL 360 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

1000px-2x6_Spooge.png

Makes plenty of sense. That recording that Hinkley gave them was a purely PR stunt yet Robbo was gushing over it. Plus Ken kept saying 'yous', like 20 times.
I only caught the 'yous' once in his spiel. It sure was funny though! Was it a request from 360 or did hinkley initiate it? Strange for a coach to do that off his own bat.

I have been thinking they need more rotation of the players and coaches on this show. And they seriously do.

But they also need to rotate off the two main peanuts.

They have said everything they know about 5 times now. Neither of them have the depth / complexity to carry a nightly show.

Welcome to 360'…

It's footy from all angles...

….on condition those angles involve Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle.

Welcome to 360'…

It's footy from all angles...

….on condition those angles involve Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle.

There was a whole segment last night on Hawthorn's Premiership book and a heap of discussion about Friday night. What more do you want?

I have been thinking they need more rotation of the players and coaches on this show. And they seriously do.

But they also need to rotate off the two main peanuts.

They have said everything they know about 5 times now. Neither of them have the depth / complexity to carry a nightly show.

If they are going to get the same coaches on they need to talk about all footy issues and not just about their own clubs. gets boring very quickly.

Still reckon this show was much better when it was on once a week. There is just too much repetition from night to night. Maybe should cut it back to twice a week.

There was a whole segment last night on Hawthorn's Premiership book and a heap of discussion about Friday night. What more do you want?
I don't care about one-off discussion about a f***kin book

I just wouldn't mind seeing Hawthorn's performances and players discussed with the same level of detail that those other clubs receive. I realise there are other clubs who get very little to no exposure at all on 360', but this just adds to what I'm saying. I'm a Hawk fan, so I'm just telling you that I often feel let down by the lack of good Hawks content. We've been one of the top teams from 2011-2014, so you'd expect them to talk about us more than most clubs. If the Hawks weren't travelling as well as they have been, then we'd probably get donuts just like some other clubs.

I've been watching the show since it's inception. Any discussion they have about Hawthorn is never particularly interesting. Usually they're just trolling the Hawk fans. It's either Mark Maclure labelling us as chokers, Whateley making his snide Geelong-centric comments, Mark Robinson rubbing it in about Buddy Franklin leaving, or it's a very brief analysis done from the Essendon angle. eg. How are you going stop them this Friday, Bomber? Oh, we'll just focus on our game, Robbo. Or… What went wrong last Friday, Bomber? Well, I thought we matched them Robbo, but they just got away from us at the end… )

They've had Brad Sewell and Jordan Lewis partnering Bob Murphy on Tuesdays, but this is deceptive. It's never much about the actual footy club. Usually just the insights into the player's general experience as AFL footballers. Robbo might give them s**t about something, e.g. being dropped from the team, or Lewis staging for a free.

This week's focus on Hawthorn vs Fremantle was abnormal. Quite often in the past, they've completely glossed over big matches involving the Hawks and concentrated instead on Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, etc. Even then, I watched them discuss the game on Wednesday night and it was all about Freo this and Freo that. Robbo discussed the Docker injuries and said they were going into the game minus 2 of their best midfielders and possibly 2 of their best key defenders versus Hawthorn who might be without Mitchell and Hodge. No mention of Sewell, Stratton, Lake, Schoenmakers… That's typical of him.

Their rule of thumb has been let's talk in depth about Hawthorn when they lose, otherwise, yeah whatever, let's talk about Essendon. Hawthorn players are very rarely featured in those highlight segments such as Monday's Hero or Wednesday Love, but we've been regularly featured on the Doomsday Scenario segment. Again, they're trolling us. It's always pumping up the pressure on us. e.g. "If the Hawks lose this week, where will that leave them, Gerard?" (But then after we win, they say nothing)

During last year's Essendon drug scandal reporting, Whateley and Robbo embarrassed themselves with their pro-Essendon, pro-James Hird bullshit. Then it was revealed that the producer of the show was a close mate of Hird's and a big Essendon fan, so none of this surprises me, really. It's not enough that Collingwood and Essendon have their own shows on afterwards. They've gotta make 360 wall-to-wall with discussion about them too.

It's mostly a good show, I love the format, but the problem is I've gotta put up with negative s**t about Hawthorn from 2 muppets who hate us because they barrack for Geelong and Essendon. I don't really care if they hate us. It's just irritating the way it warps anything they might say about us. We'll smack one of our close rivals by 6 or 7 goals and it'll generate one-tenth of the comment that we'd get if the scores were reversed. At least with other Fox Footy guys like Dunstall and Brereton, they might barrack for the Hawks and hate Essendon and Geelong, etc, but they still give credit where credit is due. Not the guys on 360'.

Whew! I'm glad I got that off my chest. Hopefully they're a bit more balanced in 2014 and cover the footy from ALL angles, but I won't be surprised if it's the same stuff they've doing for the past 2 years. Hird this. Hird that. Essendon, Essendon, Essendon, Collingwood, Collingwood.

Last edited:
Very one eyed Modified Dog. Dunstall and Brereton to me come across very pro hawthorn as i would expect. I find 360 only talk about Carlton when they are struggling, its the nature of discussion, no one writes positive articles, no one talks about teams who are going well. its the way the media work. they love to talk negative about teams and especially those clubs who are struggling..

And to say Hawthorn get a raw deal, Sewell & Lewis talk Hawthorn and that is all. you basically have half a segment each week to here about the hawks. Sometimes its about the team, other times its about behind the scenes stuff.

Plus what do you want them to talk about? geez hawthorn had another win, lets talk about that for 10 mins? would get pretty boring each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus what do you want them to talk about? geez hawthorn had another win, lets talk about that for 10 mins? would get pretty boring each week.
Yeah, that's the problem. When Hawthorn win, the sentiment seems to be "Boring! Let's talk about something else."

Funnily enough, when Geelong were belting everyone, they never seemed to get tired of telling us how fantastic they were. Every week was the same. "Gerard, how good were the Cats on the weekend? Did you see that? What about that goal by Stevie J? He's a freak… How good was Selwood?" Blah blah blah…

Imagine it was your team, Carlton who was on top of the ladder and they had enjoyed 2 or 3 of the best seasons in your club's history. Would it not irritate you if the nightly primetime Fox Footy show hardly spoke sensibly about them, but mostly trolled your club about s**t such as the Kennett Curse, Buddy leaving, or being chokers ? Their biggest features on Hawthorn, the ones with the fancy editing, music and graphics have often centred around this type of garbage. They're s**t stirrers...

You're right. They concentrate on the negative or controversial s**t. So it's not really "Footy from all angles" is it? Anyway, like I say, it's just an irritation. Nothing major. Just a persistent minor irritation. I enjoy watching the show to hear what they have to say about other clubs. I get my Hawthorn fix on the weekend.

In my view they never talk about West Coast and talk about everyone else instead, but I realise that this is simply because I would be happy if they talked about West Coast all week with maybe a five minute segment every other week for a random different club.

Yeah, that's the problem. When Hawthorn win, the sentiment seems to be "Boring! Let's talk about something else."

Funnily enough, when Geelong were belting everyone, they never seemed to get tired of telling us how fantastic they were. Every week was the same. "Gerard, how good were the Cats on the weekend? Did you see that? What about that goal by Stevie J? He's a freak… How good was Selwood?" Blah blah blah…

Imagine it was your team, Carlton who was on top of the ladder and they had enjoyed 2 or 3 of the best seasons in your club's history. Would it not irritate you if the nightly primetime Fox Footy show hardly spoke sensibly about them, but mostly trolled your club about s**t such as the Kennett Curse, Buddy leaving, or being chokers ? Their biggest features on Hawthorn, the ones with the fancy editing, music and graphics have often centred around this type of garbage. They're s**t stirrers...

You're right. They concentrate on the negative or controversial s**t. So it's not really "Footy from all angles" is it? Anyway, like I say, it's just an irritation. Nothing major. Just a persistent minor irritation. I enjoy watching the show to hear what they have to say about other clubs. I get my Hawthorn fix on the weekend.

You are so precious. I'm a hawks fan and have loved 360's hawthorn coverage this year. Before the season we had some great little things on our premiership.

It happens with all the top teams. They are so good and people love seeing change or underdogs in sport. Yes they jump all over some bandwagons sometimes but it happened with Geelong too. It got to a stage where they hardly spoke about Geelong because they couldnt add much more to how good they were.

Out of all the programs you are complaining about this is the one you should least complain about.

Maclure now loves us (yes he didn't rate us start of 2012), Gerard hates Hawthorn but hides his bias better than say Gerard Healy and is fair with his views and Robbo is one of the best Essendon fans in terms of praising Hawthorn.

Mooney is still a bitter flog but that's about it.

Stop being so one-eyed and think the show should be revolved around the club you love. Think about the 6 or so clubs they rarely even mention or rate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

its a bit like going to the footy and complaining the play is always on the other side of the ground. Play does occur on your side of the ground but you are so intent on watching it you dont really take note of it.

Its the same as watching tv (in modified dog's case, AFL360) and your club. You are so intent listening to what is being said when they do talk about your club that you dont realise it is on for 10 minutes and are then bored for the remaining fodder about other clubs.

Supporters from every club are convinced that the media 'have it in' for them.

Supporters from every club are convinced that the media 'have it in' for them.
I'm not talking about "the media"

I'm talking about Gerard Whateley, Mark Robinson and Hirdy's best mate, the Essendon-barracking douche who runs Fox Footy. I would include Mark Maclure, but he has done 180' backflip and never says a bad word about Hawthorn anymore after giving us s**t non-stop from 2011 to 2012

Like I said already, I get a tad disappointed when the best stuff they can do on Hawthorn are 2 minute edited highlights packages on the Kennett Curse and Hawthorn Chokers. I start to feel a bit shitty when they ignored all our wins, but focused more on Buddy going to GWS or Sydney while being unable to stifle their smirks and giggles.

I like the show, but Whateley and Robbo can both eat a bag of dicks, as perverse as that sounds.

Hopefully now that Hawthorn finally won the 2nd flag they'd been promising and Buddy has gone they can quit trolling us Hawk fans

Last edited:
its a bit like going to the footy and complaining the play is always on the other side of the ground. Play does occur on your side of the ground but you are so intent on watching it you dont really take note of it.

Its the same as watching tv (in modified dog's case, AFL360) and your club. You are so intent listening to what is being said when they do talk about your club that you dont realise it is on for 10 minutes and are then bored for the remaining fodder about other clubs.
I know what you're saying… but to use your analogy, there are actually some games when both coaches instruct their players to use a particular side of the ground and the play does actually get bottled up on one side for the majority of the quarter.

So the person who complains the play is always on the other side of the ground is actually right despite your wisdom to the contrary.

Was shocked when Gerard mentioned Geelong Vs Collingwood in the intro. Think that's the first time we've been mentioned in more than a passing fashion.

It seems all they talk about is clubs that are struggling (Sydney, Melbourne, Bulldogs) and teams that are out performing expectations (St Kilda, Port Adelaide).

I'm not talking about "the media"

I'm talking about Gerard Whateley, Mark Robinson and Hirdy's best mate, the Essendon-barracking douche who runs Fox Footy. I would include Mark Maclure, but he has done 180' backflip and never says a bad word about Hawthorn anymore after giving us s**t non-stop from 2011 to 2012

Like I said already, I get a tad disappointed when the best stuff they can do on Hawthorn are 2 minute edited highlights packages on the Kennett Curse and Hawthorn Chokers. I start to feel a bit shitty when they ignored all our wins, but focused more on Buddy going to GWS or Sydney while being unable to stifle their smirks and giggles.

I like the show, but Whateley and Robbo can both eat a bag of dicks, as perverse as that sounds.

Hopefully now that Hawthorn finally won the 2nd flag they'd been promising and Buddy has gone they can quit trolling us Hawk fans

And yet Essendon supporters are equally rabid about Whateley and Robinson. It's just the nature of footy - everyone is convinced that there's a bias at play at their expense or there's 'haters' to overcome.

Modified Dog - I think you're watching a different show.

When one of the regular panelists is a Hawks player, you've got quite a hide to complain about the lack of Hawks discussion. There is plenty of it.

not to mention now dunstall is on The Couch, plus he and Gaze who barracks for hawks are on Bounce, I think Hawks get talked about on all these shows more than any other team actually. And +1 to having a Hawthorn player actually on the panel one night a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back