FTA-TV AFL 360 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

32 minutes of Tom Hafey. I know he's a VFL legend but that's a long long time - probably deserved a dedicated show. Personally, I feel he has little relevance to non-Victorians and I'd prefer 360 stuck to more relevant (for lack of better word) football news, particularly for the first show of the week. I fast forwarded through it.

This should probably be in the unpopular football opinions thread.

RIP to him, but I knew it would be heaps on him so skipped it today.

Gerard and Robbo both look around 39 to me, Robbos just a bald fat man

32 minutes of Tom Hafey. I know he's a VFL legend but that's a long long time - probably deserved a dedicated show. Personally, I feel he has little relevance to non-Victorians and I'd prefer 360 stuck to more relevant (for lack of better word) football news, particularly for the first show of the week. I fast forwarded through it.

Yeah i missed the first half because i was at footy training. didnt want to sit through 30 mins of talking about Hafey. All well and good to remember the bloke but 30 mins is a bit much. Theres a lot more going on in footy.

I did the same tbh, 10 minutes and a seperate 30 min show a couple of days later would be better.

I didn't know much about the guy being VFL but did quite enjoy reading a weekly column he wrote for one of the footy magazines in the 90s.

Is Whateley only 38/9? He looks older than that. Probably the hair.

Was it in the first few of last year where Robbo would bring up Gerard's receding hairline? I still am drawn to it at a consequence :oops:

Seriously, enough with Maclure! It's embarrassing now. Half the time he doesn't even know himself what point he's trying to make. He just makes statements that are either wrong, painfully simple, or just nonsensical, and then shifts about in his seat like he's just uttered the most insightful words ever spoken.

Replace him with just about anyone and it will be an upgrade.

Seriously, enough with Maclure! It's embarrassing now. Half the time he doesn't even know himself what point he's trying to make. He just makes statements that are either wrong, painfully simple, or just nonsensical, and then shifts about in his seat like he's just uttered the most insightful words ever spoken.

Never a truer word typed, the other Fox Footy panelists all agree you can tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hemorrhoids most likely.

You mightn't know this but Tom Hafey was named as a Hall Of Fame Legend hence the reason for the lengthy talk about his passing. Next time before you get all frustrated and think to yourself who is this guy and why are they going on about him. Do your research on him. Type in Tom Hafey or whoever the legend might be and sit there and learn about what the guy did before he passed away. It might be better than fast forwarding through everything because you might be missing out on learning about the bloke.
Mate it's the same when you have a death in the family. You would find it terribly rude if people were to skip the funeral and their opinions about that person.

Absolutely love watching the show. I love how they analyse everything that goes on from siren to siren and even what goes on before and after the bounce. It's just totally brilliant stuff. Even Robbo giving his opinions on just about everything is great.
The insight that David King and Mark McClure give are awesome as are hearing from the players and the coaches and the ex players.

Last edited:
You mightn't know this but Tom Hafey was named as a Hall Of Fame Legend hence the reason for the lengthy talk about his passing. Next time before you get all frustrated and think to yourself who is this guy and why are they going on about him. Do your research on him. Type in Tom Hafey or whoever the legend might be and sit there and learn about what the guy did before he passed away. It might be better than fast forwarding through everything because you might be missing out on learning about the bloke.

Hafey is not a Legend of the Hall of Fame.

Please stop with the endless spooging over Port Adelaide. More than happy for them to talk about them and chat with players/coaches/etc but these god awful montages are getting real ******* boring. It feels like there's at least one per week.

Hey, we all had to sit through a season of your team :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back