List Mgmt. AFL Article linking Cats and Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The melt if the COLA's rumour is true, which I find unlikely but hey it is the height of the bullshit season, would be record setting if indeed its real….

Go Catters

It's probably garbage, but Buddy's contract is massively backended and they will likely lose Goodes and O'Keefe this season (plus potentially Malceski), freeing up at least $1m in the cap.
Probably Tom Mitchell also.

It obviously helps a lot having the extra 1m of whatever it is, but the Swans do manage their player payments well I suspect. There is a lot of money there, more room than you think if you squeeze your middle tier. Geelong has wasted money on over inflated contracts recently, I think the Swans have managed their list better than us in that respect.

I have only seen the actual terms for one Geelong player and I was shocked to be honest. I would love a full list published (wiki leaks style) one day for every player's salary. I suspect the anger would go from the Swans to their own club's management. Once I saw what that particular Geelong player was on, I have not complained about Swans since that day.

Geelong is better than most. I can only imagine the salaries that have been paid out to ordinary players in the lower half of the ladder.

Bahahahah this is stupidity. More COLA.

Sydney has entered the race for Melbourne defender James Frawley, with reports of a six-year, $800,000 per season offer has been tabled.

That settles that then.
It'll be worth it to see Eddie's head explode. :D

Bahahahah this is stupidity. More COLA.

Sydney has entered the race for Melbourne defender James Frawley, with reports of a six-year, $800,000 per season offer has been tabled.

That settles that then.

rumours are abounding of a bajillion dollars and lengthy years from both freo and sydney for frawley. sydney must be counting on goodes , okeefe and malceski retiring and mitchell being traded or something if they can offer big dollars to another pickup.

We must not get sucked in. If it was Dangerfield , then Id say load up and lets go to town , but Frawley is capable of being a very handy pickup but if there is any doubt we have other deficiencies that are far more grave , the PF's on the weekend should have convinced us. Honestly there is higher need for a Mitchell than Frawley.... but that will not happen.

If anything Im think we have to be more focused on the long term , than the now unless we can really add talent in the key areas we are not strong enough in.

Let the Swans pay him 800 , but the reaction of a contact that big and that long would cause a very interesting reaction is my guess

Who in the Swans list is being paid unders then? Jack? Hannerbury? Parker? Maybe we could get Gary Rowan back to KP.

You'd have to imagine most of there top talent would be on under's compared to market value. Similar to how our top talent took under's through the golden era for the promise of further success. Some of our guys (SJ for example) were reported to be on 30-50% less than there market value. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of there guys were taking a hit close to that for the chance at Premierships. But that's just speculation at this stage and COLA obviously effects that to some extent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to imagine most of there top talent would be on under's compared to market value. Similar to how our top talent took under's through the golden era for the promise of further success. Some of our guys (SJ for example) were reported to be on 30-50% less than there market value. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of there guys were taking a hit close to that for the chance at Premierships. But that's just speculation at this stage and COLA obviously effects that to some extent.

Difference being ours took unders to ensure they could actually stay together, not to throw HUGE amounts of money at several high profile players.

Just to add , the happiest people will be the guys at Melb. P3 , here it comes.

If only the Dees could actually develop any of their high picks...

Add me to the list of people who'd simply laugh if the Swans got Frawley. The entertainment value of the AFL communities' reaction would be of more worth than him spending years at the Cats.

If only the Dees could actually develop any of their high picks...

Add me to the list of people who'd simply laugh if the Swans got Frawley. The entertainment value of the AFL communities' reaction would be of more worth than him spending years at the Cats.

Yes but Roos is in charge. He will trade it ...maybe even to the Swans. They have to lighten the load.. Imagine this

Frawley 800*6 to Swans> = P3 for Melb

P3 to Swans <> and Melb get Mitchell,Malcheski and Membrey

Roos has shown he will trade. Development is for suckers is his mindset.

Yes but Roos is in charge. He will trade it ...maybe even to the Swans. They have to lighten the load.. Imagine this

Frawley 800*6 to Swans> = P3 for Melb

P3 to Swans <> and Melb get Mitchell,Malcheski and Membrey

Roos has shown he will trade. Development is for suckers is his mindset.
Thats a good trade by Roos if it happens

You guys realise that the Sydney rumour is nothing but a baseless Facebook rumour fishing for likes... Need to calm down.

The real worry is probably hawthorn.

This is a post of mine from July 19 when there was media talk linking Frawley & the Swans - this rumour has been around longer then just this facebook posting; just taking a while for the internet world to catch on media speculation:
And if the reports of the Swans being interested are true, what will the reaction to them getting him be? The suggestion is that if Goodes retires it will free up the money in the salary cap for them to go after Frawley - so be interesting to see what happens

I'd push the money a little for chip.. Maybe to 550 for 5 but if freo are going really big.. 600 for 7 or so the let them.

We can't bury the ethos of out existence and success of the last 8 years for one player. Yes the landscape is changing and we must with it but not by blowing it up on one player

Go Catters
That is our current offer from what I'm led to believe.

As an aside, he won't be at Sydney next year.

You guys realise that the Sydney rumour is nothing but a baseless Facebook rumour fishing for likes... Need to calm down.

The real worry is probably hawthorn.

Hawthorn will get him, I said it from the start and haven't changed my mind. They have an unbelieveable skill of recruiting the right players to fill holes in their team, we can certainly learn a thing or 2 from them.

Hawthorn will get him, I said it from the start and haven't changed my mind. They have an unbelieveable skill of recruiting the right players to fill holes in their team, we can certainly learn a thing or 2 from them.

I'm sure there are several clubs in Melb that could learn something from them. We have a slightly different club, being 1Hr from Melb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back