Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

This just in…..Under 15s is vital for development.
This just in. Uninformed opinions are crap.
It is the under 16 system that they come in and start doing a lot of the development work at Coates League level. On top of that it is this level that clubs ramp up how much they watch these guys.

Last edited:
This just in. Uninformed opinions are crap.
It is the under 16 system that they come in and start doing a lot of the development work at Coates League level. On top of that it is this level that clubs ramp up how much they watch these guys.
Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

We can do better, and we can certainly be more creative. I could see Taha becoming a sticky little back pocket, that's about it. Whether we think that's enough to give up one of these pretty precious slots for, that's another question.

It wouldn't be hard to find a kid that played both footy and basketball as a junior, gave college basketball a crack and would be open to coming back to footy, someone out of the college basketball system (American or otherwise), a gaelic kid or a kid similar Wil Parker that has been flip flopping between footy and cricket.

There has to be a Serbian polar bear of a kid that has ridden the bench for 4 years in the US that happens to have cousins in Melbourne that would give it a crack.

Other clubs have been far more creative with the Cat B rookie list and even though it hasn't paid dividend yet, when it does we'll be left further in the dust.

Lo and behold, who should turn up on the VFL list but an African kid who played a bit of junior footy, left to give basketball a good crack and has now returned to footy with Uni Blacks.

Ayui Makeing. Not key position but exactly the kind of athletic prospect that we should have on our radar, especially given he was in the JH academy at one point in time.

There has to be a Serbian polar bear of a kid that has ridden the bench for 4 years in the US that happens to have cousins in Melbourne that would give it a crack.
I love the confidence in Melbourne's diversity this post shows. There just has to be. This is what they mean when they say it makes us stronger - there's more to choose from. We're agile!

Now, where's Ayui?

Just been watching George Stevens' highlights on YT. Weird that we pick up guys like Dylan Clarke but overlook Stevens, who is quite a good kick and a good decision-maker.

May be a decision we come to rue.

Hope Archie Roberts turns out alright.
We need a genuine running half back distirbutor over a big bull..theyre completely different players

Our midfield is stacked, so much so that theyre filling up half back and half fwd spots, which is fine

Clarke was not an athlete, nor a good kick

Stevens is a much bette runner

Clarke could run all day. Wasn’t quick but neither is Stevens.

Stevens is bigger though,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone dominated from the 2020 draft?
I don't know.

The statement made by Keystone agony, if I'm reading it correctly, is that the WA kids weren't impacted by COVID and so the impact of COVID would be shown in the difference between the development of the unaffected WA players against the development of the Victorians, who were impacted most severely. So if there isn't discernable difference then the supposed "impact of COVID" is overstated.

I don't know.

The statement made by Keystone agony, if I'm reading it correctly, is that the WA kids weren't impacted by COVID and so the impact of COVID would be shown in the difference between the development of the unaffected WA players against the development of the Victorians, who were impacted most severely. So if there isn't discernable difference then the supposed "impact of COVID" is overstated.
Well yes and no as there are other factors as well. WA might have had a bad crop that year? Me personally it’s hard to say there was a discernible difference but I don’t think it proves or disproves that there was or wasn’t an impact. To me I find it hard to believe there was no impact at all?

Well yes and no as there are other factors as well. WA might have had a bad crop that year? Me personally it’s hard to say there was a discernible difference but I don’t think it proves or disproves that there was or wasn’t an impact. To me I find it hard to believe there was no impact at all?
A butterfly flaps its wings.

fully aware of what went on around the country

Your both missing the point
To me it’s like saying the saga was overblown because there is no discernible difference between the banned players and the other players if you use that logic. Covid like the saga was unprecedented so I don’t think it is overblown. You think it was so that’s fine.

WA have not had an uptick in draftees from the 2020 - 2023 pool where "development was impacted"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back