Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens is quicker and can also run all day

Hes far superior

He was also coming off an ACL so his size will probably naturally decrease before we even consider an AFL program, as would his running capacity

This is George Stevens that every draft profile called slow?

WA have not had an uptick in draftees from the 2020 - 2023 pool where "development was impacted"

Maybe the WA pool just weren't all that good, there's a heap of different factors that go in to draftee development. Development pathway is one of them, but not the only one.

To me it’s like saying the saga was overblown because there is no discernible difference between the banned players and the other players if you use that logic. Covid like the saga was unprecedented so I don’t think it is overblown. You think it was so that’s fine.
No discernible difference when they played, when they were out suspended or when they came back?

No discernible difference when they played, when they were out suspended or when they came back?
Emitionally I would say it changed them. I didn’t really notice it from an individual playing perspective. I mean we have been a very inconsistent side before and after then. The onfield performances has been like Groundhog Day to me the last 20 years with the drama thrown in the middle.

That's nice too. The question is have WA kids dominated because the Victorian kids were more affected by COVID?
The fact they are no good really makes no difference. It was the difficulty of sorting the Victorian kids which has been the issue because 50 to 60 percent of the draft is made up by these guys who missed a lot of footy. It would be a bit foolish to think the WA boys would be better as a bunch simply because the Vic boys may have deficiencies or be a season or so behind in development IMO. :)

The fact they are no good really makes no difference. It was the difficulty of sorting the Victorian kids which has been the issue because 50 to 60 percent of the draft is made up by these guys who missed a lot of footy. It would be a bit foolish to think the WA boys would be better as a bunch simply because the Vic boys may have deficiencies or be a season or so behind in development IMO. :)
I think it was a reasonable point. I don't know enough to agree or disagree. The fact you say "it would be foolish to think the WA boys might be better" with an extra season of development) highlights it - the impact isn't as big as it has been made out to be.

I think it was a reasonable point. I don't know enough to agree or disagree. The fact you say "it would be foolish to think the WA boys might be better" with an extra season of development) highlights it - the impact isn't as big as it has been made out to be.
It just tells me the metrics are too hard to measure to understand the full impact it had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back