Game Day AFL Rd 3 - NON PIES GAMES

Remove this Banner Ad

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got crap reception where I am up here on outback Qld, so if there's already a non Pies games thread can this be merged by a more capable Mod?

Anyhow, I didn't see the concussion of McFarlane by Paddy Ryder.

Heard Leigh Matthews saying if you initiate contact and there's head high contact as a result, then you're liable, though not exactly sure how that's be different to Lindsay Thomas who was thought to have no case to answer.

The stink around James Hird is getting bigger, and apparently lots more to come according to the pre game chat with Eddie, Healy and Jon Ralph.

Hope Freo wins, can't like Eesendon at all after all this.

Should Hird resign do people think?

Leigh said even if you make contact to the head via a head clash you have a case to answer but is confused about that now, obviously referring to the Thomas decision. I'm like you though, didn't see the incident.

I don't think Hird should resign although nothing it out of the question in the coming weeks.

Playing Melbourne really did no favours to Essendon, take nothing away from Freo but the difference between Melbourne and every other team so far is huge!

Mark Riccuitto said pre game that both of these teams are premiership contenders.

Someone's been into the Essendon peptide supply.:p

Freo playing like St Kilda did under Lyon, making it so hard for the opposition to score.

Got crap reception where I am up here on outback Qld, so if there's already a non Pies games thread can this be merged by a more capable Mod?

Anyhow, I didn't see the concussion of McFarlane by Paddy Ryder.

Heard Leigh Matthews saying if you initiate contact and there's head high contact as a result, then you're liable, though not exactly sure how that's be different to Lindsay Thomas who was thought to have no case to answer.

The stink around James Hird is getting bigger, and apparently lots more to come according to the pre game chat with Eddie, Healy and Jon Ralph.

Hope Freo wins, can't like Eesendon at all after all this.

Should Hird resign do people think?

I asked the same question when I saw the hit- shouldered him right in the chin/throat - so it will be interesting to see how it's viewed.

Re Hird, no I don't think he should resign, or step down at this stage. There is an enormous amount of pressure coming from the media but I question the timing of Danks so called revelations.

And the texts on ABC 7.30 report last night. Although the story began with 'we can't reveal any of the phone messages' they then read out a whole string of them.(or alleged messages)

I just find the whole thing a bit suss

Ryder will definitely go, he went past the ball and bumped McPharlin in the head, the point of his shoulder hit him in the chin. Thomas' one is slightly different because head contacted head. Kommer is also in trouble IMO, he went to spoil a ball on the run and bumped Bradley in the head, split his head open and blood was pouring everywhere.

Freo's pressure has been extreme. Also two of the worst kicks I've ever seen, did anyone else see Ballantyne of Pavlich's shots in that quarter?

Ryder will definitely go, he went past the ball and bumped McPharlin in the head, the point of his shoulder hit him in the chin. Thomas' one is slightly different because head contacted head. Kommer is also in trouble IMO, he went to spoil a ball on the run and bumped Bradley in the head, split his head open and blood was pouring everywhere.

Freo's pressure has been extreme. Also two of the worst kicks I've ever seen, did anyone else see Ballantyne of Pavlich's shots in that quarter?

He get a week and be back for the Pies. More AFL Crap as Usual

Nearly died laughing watching Freo V Ess, I never want to see Collingwood in a similar game this year or I'll go ape.

But good stuff for the Bomber's gutsy win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell did I just watch?
Someone summed it up about right by saying "It's like putting lipstick on a pig this game".

Ugly arse game of football that came down to 5 minutes of ugly arse football to decide it.

Ross Lyon at this best/worst.

freo supporters blaming the umps lol
Umpiring was pretty pathetic, although you can blame that old moron Bartlett and his arse kisser Healey for the rules.

Very strange game. Umps didn't help. Gave some ridiculous frees for both sides.

If Ryder doesn't go for minimum 2 weeks, AFL has lost the plot. Needs to enforce its own rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back