List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that the players who remain uncontracted (but not delisted) are:

Reid, Magor, Edwards

What about Wicks - does he have a contract for 2024 yet? Anyway, it's academic - I'm sure he's not going to be delisted.

What about the beanpole? I have a vibe that McAndrew has been recontracted but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm happy to lock that re-signing in too.

Am I right in thinking that the players who remain uncontracted (but not delisted) are:

Reid, Magor, Edwards

What about Wicks - does he have a contract for 2024 yet? Anyway, it's academic - I'm sure he's not going to be delisted.

What about the beanpole? I have a vibe that McAndrew has been recontracted but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm happy to lock that re-signing in too.
Magor is re-signed

Next years OOC. Bold would be my priorities:
Harry Cunningham
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Jacob Konstanty
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Francis and Melican probably need to show good form though I like Francis as a Rampe replacement. Cunningham maybe on form and position. Do need small defenders

Hayward and Florrent are interesting though. I like what Florrent has done at half back but I always find it is his guy that gets off the chain a bit and his 2nd half of 2023 was awful compared to his first half. Hayward on the other hand I have no idea about. Hopefully finds his kicking boots this season

Next years OOC. Bold would be my priorities:
Harry Cunningham
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Jacob Konstanty
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Francis and Melican probably need to show good form though I like Francis as a Rampe replacement. Cunningham maybe on form and position. Do need small defenders

Hayward and Florrent are interesting though. I like what Florrent has done at half back but I always find it is his guy that gets off the chain a bit and his 2nd half of 2023 was awful compared to his first half. Hayward on the other hand I have no idea about. Hopefully finds his kicking boots this season
There's a group of those players that we don't yet know whether they should be re-signed:
1) Fox and Cunningham getting older. Is their form holding up and do they warrant holding a spot? If so, one year.
2) Konstanty, Mitchell and Vickery have yet to debut. Are they good enough to deserve a new contract? Observe.
3) Melican and Francis are likely to be fringe players. Again, is their form good enough to warrant a new contract?
4) The rest are current best 23.
Gulden is an absolute must. McDonald would be really hard to replace. Rowbottom just podiumed in the Skilton. You're right, they are priority.
Florent and Hayward are good players and TBH we don't have readymade replacements from within. Every time you go outside there's an opportunity cost. Florent just finished 5th in the Skilton. Keep them.
I think Group 4 will all be re-signed unless they don't want to be. Gulden and McDonald will be offered long contracts.
The first three groups are unlikely to be tradeable with any significant currency so I imagine contracts will be short and that's where most delistings will happen from.
If Reid stays on he will belong in Group 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon if I am wrong, we have to take 3 in the national draft don't we? Did Reid delisting make that the 3rd spot with a rookie upgrade as 3rd pick, Cleary as 2nd pick and our first as the main live pick we have?
Fox got upgraded

Gulden, Rowbottom, and McDonald are all no brainers to recontract long term. Gulden and Rowbottom are part of a young midfield group starting to build some cohesion and synergy. McDonald is pretty much impossible for us to replace without selling something significant.

It's interesting with Hayward and Florent though because they haven't shown they are world beaters and if they were you should know it by this stage of their career. However if you lose Hayward, who replaces him? A 31 year of Parker? The problem this season was his form wasn't great but there was never any pressure on him to perform because there just isn't a replacement ready to go.

As for Florent, is he being trained to be the next Jake Lloyd off half back? He hasn't really progressed as a lock down defender. However he is one of the few mainstays in that backline and bridges the age gap between our younger players and our leaders in Lloyd and Rampe.

It will be hard to see one or more of these guys go but with clubs like Freo coming for McDonald it will be interesting to see how we try and get it done.

Gulden, Rowbottom, and McDonald are all no brainers to recontract long term. Gulden and Rowbottom are part of a young midfield group starting to build some cohesion and synergy. McDonald is pretty much impossible for us to replace without selling something significant.

It's interesting with Hayward and Florent though because they haven't shown they are world beaters and if they were you should know it by this stage of their career. However if you lose Hayward, who replaces him? A 31 year of Parker? The problem this season was his form wasn't great but there was never any pressure on him to perform because there just isn't a replacement ready to go.

As for Florent, is he being trained to be the next Jake Lloyd off half back? He hasn't really progressed as a lock down defender. However he is one of the few mainstays in that backline and bridges the age gap between our younger players and our leaders in Lloyd and Rampe.

It will be hard to see one or more of these guys go but with clubs like Freo coming for McDonald it will be interesting to see how we try and get it done.
Not sure where you're seeing the connection between Hayward and Florent on one hand and McDonald on the other. Unless you mean trading them out in order to have enough cash to keep McDonald, Gulden and Rowbottom. Hopefully that won't be necessary.
Florent finished high in the B&F and Hayward plays a pretty difficult role. Certainly either would be tradeable if that's where you're coming from. However, trading them at the end of their contracts would mean we wouldn't get much for them.and I doubt their contracts are huge.

Not sure where you're seeing the connection between Hayward and Florent on one hand and McDonald on the other. Unless you mean trading them out in order to have enough cash to keep McDonald, Gulden and Rowbottom. Hopefully that won't be necessary.
Florent finished high in the B&F and Hayward plays a pretty difficult role. Certainly either would be tradeable if that's where you're coming from. However, trading them at the end of their contracts would mean we wouldn't get much for them.and I doubt their contracts are huge.
The difference I see between them is that Florent and Hayward have 4 extra years of development in them and they should be at or very close to their prime but neither has really shown themselves to be indispensable.
McDonald on the other hand plays in a position that takes longer to develop and is only 21 and would be significantly more expensive to replace.
The reason I bring these players up is that all 5 are best 22 players out of contract this coming season. With Fremantle supposedly preparing for a crack at Logan we might not be able to afford all 5.
I thought it might be a bit of a discussion starter about player roles and importance to the team.

Any chance someone on here has our list listed by position/depth? I seem to remember one floating around a while ago.

Huge amount of contract talks this season. Gulden, Rowbottom, and McDonald are priorities, although I'm 50/50 on whether the latter will still be here next year. Florent, Hayward, and Melican would be great to keep. Cunningham and Fox I'm ambivalent on. I doubt Reid and Francis will be given new deals.

But, Rampe, Parker, and Lloyd could all possibly be retirees at the end of next season which would free up a bit of coin for the above priorities.

Huge amount of contract talks this season. Gulden, Rowbottom, and McDonald are priorities, although I'm 50/50 on whether the latter will still be here next year. Florent, Hayward, and Melican would be great to keep. Cunningham and Fox I'm ambivalent on. I doubt Reid and Francis will be given new deals.

But, Rampe, Parker, and Lloyd could all possibly be retirees at the end of next season which would free up a bit of coin for the above priorities.

I think Parker has a few years left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back