AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time these low drawing teams are good again....everyone has jumped back on board and they will have plenty of members again.

It's easy to say now when these teams are s**t

Yes, but we're talking about AFL members with full membership. There is still a wait list for that that the bandwagon can't bypass.

Yes, but we're talking about AFL members with full membership. There is still a wait list for that that the bandwagon can't bypass.

They'll jump on at the sniff of greatness. North and Bullies might add a few on soon :)

I'm so happy I have a full membership :)

I joined in 2008 and currently (as of November) have a waitlist number of 7360. At the end of 2012 I was 8862. I was told at the time of joining it'd be 7-8 years wait for Full Membership, considering this will be year seven, I'd say it'll be closer to 10-12 years. Hoping some higher up the list have an anti AFL attitude too, will definitely help my Full Member cause.

edit: I also hold an EFC High Mark membership.

I joined in 2008 and currently (as of November) have a waitlist number of 7360. At the end of 2012 I was 8862. I was told at the time of joining it'd be 7-8 years wait for Full Membership, considering this will be year seven, I'd say it'll be closer to 10-12 years. Hoping some higher up the list have an anti AFL attitude too, will definitely help my Full Member cause.

edit: I also hold an EFC High Mark membership.
I joined in 2004 I think it was and got my full membership for 2011.

It is a great membership and well worth the wait for full membership!

You obviously feel strongly enough about this to come in and s**t up the thread even though you don't have an AFL membership, so I'd love to know, what exactly is your issue with it?

I understand the issue with it - I was an AFL member from 1997, became a Full Member in 2001 and gave it up for the 2009 season to become a premium MFC member because I wanted the money to go to the club and because I wasn't happy with the way the AFL treated the MFC and other smaller clubs. I also thought that given MFC's financial situation we needed all the money we could get and was annoyed at all the MCC members we had who either wouldn't buy an MFC membership or would only pay the $55 MCC/MFC costing the club potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars. AFL members are in the same boat as only $138 of your AFL membership goes to your club.

I've gone back to the darkside for the 2014 season for a couple of reasons;

1) The clubs just cannot compete with the AFL membership. I go to a couple of Geelong and Richmond games a year with family and having an AFL membership makes this easier/cheaper

2) I went to the Richmond/Carlton final last year and had no idea finals tickets for week 1 are now $80 for decent seats. Given this, when (if?) Melbourne gets back into the finals and makes say a Prelim it could potentially cost me an extra $360-$400 on top of my $540 membership just for finals tickets whereas the AFL membership gets me in for basically free (plus booking fee) - I also want the choice to go to other finals matches basically for free

3) Access to GF tickets - I went to the 2000 GF on club membership (was only a silver AFL member) and was stuck up the top of the Ponsford stand. My premium MFC membership guarantees me a ticket if MFC makes the GF but I want to be able to take my son as a neutral when he is old enough to get his Full Membership (he is 10 months old and I signed him up last week so hopefully by the time he is 12-13) and want to have a chance at the same decent seats we sit in throughout the year - half price GF tickets is also a bonus

I feel a bit guilty going back to AFL Membership and disadvantaging MFC but it's the best deal for me and my family - if I was a Geelong supporter over the past 10 years the amount I would have paid for finals tickets compared to what I would have got for the AFL membership would have been an extra couple of thousand. I intend to make up the difference in merchandise this year especially for my little one so that at least the club can get a bit of that lost coin back and I have signed up my Geelong supporting wife as an AFL Member on MFC club support so at least they've got one more member they otherwise wouldn't have.

EDIT: I should add I also get access to the best seats in the house in the AFL members section (dead centre-wing on bottom level) - my MFC membership wouldn't give me that unless I wanted to sit in a dry area or pay for the $800+ Legends Membership on level 2 centre-wing (which I was on a waiting list for but couldn't get enough seats in a row for my family and I).

Last edited:
Was just reading the Docklands thread on the Footy Industry board and the issue of AFL ownership in 2025 and Medallion Club memberships was being discussed so it made me think - when the AFL takeover Docklands in 2025 do you think they wll allocate the level 2 seats (or at least a portion of them say half) to AFL members? Considering this is a main gripe of AFL members that there are only about 1000 seats on level 1 available and considering this will be the only AFL owned ground do you think this could occur? Or will the AFL refuse to give up/reduce the cash cow that is the Medallion Club? (seriously who pays $5k a year for a membership? I know most of them are probably corporates but still!)

Alternatively, will a portion of the ground (levels 1, 2 & 3) be sectioned off as an AFL Members area similar to MCG and the old VFL Park?

excuse me guys but i wasnt sure where i could ask this? just wondering when 2014 afl memberships will be sent out and has anyone recieved theirs yet? I wanna go to the game on wednesday and thats only 5 days away and still no membership.. Poor form if there not sent out in time.

They said prior to NAB games… I have not got mine either yet.

Doesn't appear anyone has received theirs yet. You can usually just use last seasons card for the NAB cup if you haven't received your new one though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I signed up for the first time this year so don't have a old card but am purchasing Nab Cup tickets on the net with the bar code number the AFL sent me. Will I be able to pick my ticket up from the gate using my ID and CC without a membership card or are they going to want me to prove that I am a member?

I signed up for the first time this year so don't have a old card but am purchasing Nab Cup tickets on the net with the bar code number the AFL sent me. Will I be able to pick my ticket up from the gate using my ID and CC without a membership card or are they going to want me to prove that I am a member?
Same as any other club membership, once the ticket is bought you just show the CC to pick it up.

There was an email today for anyone who didn't get it saying there has been a delay in sending out the memberships so if you don't get yours before the NAB Challenge you can go to a booth outside gate 2 at Docklands with your member #/barcode and pick up a ticket for the game (not the actual membership card). Not sure about other grounds but assume a similar thing. Also you can book online but pretty sure that incurs extra charges.

Came in the mail today…..

kdciJhX.jpg

After 17 years as an AFL member, I've just cancelled my membership.
It's a sad day, but while the value was there to be had, other priorities have come up and I just don't have time to make the most if it.
Hopefully one day I'll be in a position to rejoin!

After 17 years as an AFL member, I've just cancelled my membership.
It's a sad day, but while the value was there to be had, other priorities have come up and I just don't have time to make the most if it.
Hopefully one day I'll be in a position to rejoin!

Just a tip that might benefit others in this situation. What I did was switch to Absentee membership. Drops the cost from $555 to $110 pa. You need to find someone in the country or interstate willing to throw your mail in the bin for you. But I kept my status for a couple of years. Back on full now.

I reckon that's a rort dismissing your membership for 5 years and walking past the queue to get Full Membership back again... 1 year maybe... 5? That stuff makes me angry.

I reckon that's a rort dismissing your membership for 5 years and walking past the queue to get Full Membership back again... 1 year maybe... 5? That stuff makes me angry.
I also think that it's not entirely fair as that's what the absentee membership is supposed to be for. Just interested in seeing what the amount is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back