Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dspeed has made his cuts. Thanks dspeed :thumbsu: Appreciate that considering the stress you were under moving overseas.

Draft will start Sunday June 13 8am sharp.

Not a minute before. Gotta give Dspeed time to be ready. He needed till the 13th.

The draft board thread has been opened.

----

Also, what I've done is, as LM, select all your 34 (or whatever) players as keepers for you.

So I need everyone to assess the keepers I've given you, if you want to UNKEEP any of them, you have till keeper deadline to do so.

Keeper deadline is Saturday 22:00 (AEDT) June 12

Are you using the 2016 calendar GG? o_O :confused: :drunk: This Sunday is the 14th. ;):D

Why wouldnt you take that....

:D
Sorry just getting best WR in the game for one decent lottery pick, second and a pick that will inevitably be lower next year because you have Calvin.

This league, I swear... That is a flat out pretty equal deal on both sides, and given it started from my suggestion with no counter. GG's draft pick history shows that if nothing else.

What's worse is the bandwagoning of opinions...

Last edited:
Everyone over values their own players and under values other people's players. That's always the nature of fantasy, but especially worse in alpha.
In Alpha, one sided deals only tend to happen there's little mediation beyond that. And then to suggest that offer is unfair (Even though it wasn't the offer flatout) highlights that.

Calvin is still fairly universally considered the best WR in the game, suggested that if anyone is going to stand out longer than the standard WR, it's him, and across every fantasy site as a comparison is still considered a top 5-7 dynasty WR in fantasy. Considering the request was 'a reasonable WR' and Balmain's aging roster, I figured he might be interested in one more tilt. If Calvin isn't a reasonable WR to start negotations, I can't fathom who Balmain WOULD consider a reasonable WR for 1.05, which is hardly Cooper, Gurley territory.

Just look at GG's draft bust list. Obviously I have a different opinion of my own drafting ability in an attempt to overcome that, as per trading for picks (Though also a different reason).

Don't have to accept the trade, no worries. Doesn't need to be anything beyond that offer. I just find the Alpha mentality so weird most of the time. Inevitable cycle of overvaluing draft picks, regardless of roster build, transitions, etc.

EDIT - I like anyone like a good deal in my favour, but I would like to think I'm better than most at being fair and accepting risk and value. Calvin is one player I've always asked for value for but they trade off tends to be reflected in RISK.

Made an offer to TGBB last year for Allen and Floyd, both of whom had considerable risk. I thought that was fair, he laughed, and now I wouldn't accept that trade. Made an offer to Dspeed that I thought was vastly in his favour last year (Harvin, 1.12 and 2015 1st) for Calvin. In essence becoming Harvin, Freeman and 1.11 this year. Calvin worth a tonne more than that still.

People istake youth and draft picks as sure things.

Last edited:
Hey easy there on the GG draft bust list. I haven't been that bad at all. Other people have busted just as much. A pick is a pick, true, and it's 50:50 hit:miss. On the other hand, everyone wants the vet stud who is still young mote than the vet stud who is older. Why the hesitancy on Calvins value I presume.
I meant your posts showing draft busts.

In Alpha, one sided deals only tend to happen there's little mediation beyond that. And then to suggest that offer is unfair (Even though it wasn't the offer flatout) highlights that.

Calvin is still fairly universally considered the best WR in the game, suggested that if anyone is going to stand out longer than the standard WR, it's him, and across every fantasy site as a comparison is still considered a top 5-7 dynasty WR in fantasy. Considering the request was 'a reasonable WR' and Balmain's aging roster, I figured he might be interested in one more tilt. If Calvin isn't a reasonable WR to start negotations, I can't fathom who Balmain WOULD consider a reasonable WR for 1.05, which is hardly Cooper, Gurley territory.

Just look at GG's draft bust list. Obviously I have a different opinion of my own drafting ability in an attempt to overcome that, as per trading for picks (Though also a different reason).

Don't have to accept the trade, no worries. Doesn't need to be anything beyond that offer. I just find the Alpha mentality so weird most of the time. Inevitable cycle of overvaluing draft picks, regardless of roster build, transitions, etc.

EDIT - I like anyone like a good deal in my favour, but I would like to think I'm better than most at being fair and accepting risk and value. Calvin is one player I've always asked for value for but they trade off tends to be reflected in RISK.

Made an offer to TGBB last year for Allen and Floyd, both of whom had considerable risk. I thought that was fair, he laughed, and now I wouldn't accept that trade. Made an offer to Dspeed that I thought was vastly in his favour last year (Harvin, 1.12 and 2015 1st) for Calvin. In essence becoming Harvin, Freeman and 1.11 this year. Calvin worth a tonne more than that still.

Allen missed 2 games and was injured most of the season. Calvin missed 3 and only had 40 more points. Add Floyd 160 points (with * all QB) and I still wouldn't make that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop sooking, he declined last year, he's 29. 2x 1sts and a 2nd is ......well.....overs
I don't care that he declined, just keep it to yourself. You're doing yourself a disservice otherwise.

He missed 4 games and was gimpy one, finished 4th in PPG. Obviously there is an injury risk to consider but he still had absolutely elite production no matter how you spin it. But you win the league by having him rather than Floyd and Allen for example TGBB. I know it hurts but thems the truth.

Why is a first of random accord of particular value? Balmains first next year diminishes in value by having Calvin, as highlighted by the fact its a relative weakness of his. And his entire roster is old. Why not go for broke before Smith, VJax, Peyton, etc produce nothing at all?

I know people value different processes, which is fine. But it's a continuous adoration of a system that has shown not to be most effective in changing ways that continues to confuse me.There's a certain ideal that picks are worth more despite their risk value that is perpetuated that despite which, has lead to similar teams drafting high often.

Last edited:
Allen missed 2 games and was injured most of the season. Calvin missed 3 and only had 40 more points. Add Floyd 160 points (with * all QB) and I still wouldn't make that deal.
Allen's risk was always that his draft stock was accurate, and was a one year potential wonder. Floyd looks like he has attitude issues. No more Fitzgerald excuses, jsut dropped the ball a tonne.

Calvin missed 4.5 games and scored over 20ppgs in games he did start.

As I said, you win the league by having him. I would trade away all my players for championships. Allen and Floyd are unstarted depth when you have DT, OBJ, Maclin and Calvin. Why would you hold onto depth you'll never start over a player that will give you championship output?

I don't care that he declined, just keep it to yourself. You're doing yourself a disservice otherwise.

He missed 4 games and was gimpy one, finished 4th in PPG. Obviously there is an injury risk to consider but he still had absolutely elite production no matter how you spin it. But you win the league by having him rather than Floyd and Allen for example TGBB. I know it hurts but thems the truth.

Why is a first of random accord of particular value? Balmains first next year diminishes in value by having Calvin, as highlighted by the fact its a relative weakness of his. And his entire roster is old. Why not go for broke before Smith, VJax, Peyton, etc produce nothing at all?

I know people value different processes, which is fine. But that's what confuses me.

Allen got injured early in that only loss of the season, that's why he finished with 5 points and I lost by 5.

Referring to Balmain.

Ask for a reasonable WR, get offered a reasonable WR, don't reply/counter the offer (Other than talking about a different part of the offer), and instead post it in here as a way to ridicule (A post that was made in jest by myself initially) rather than seriously counter or think about the process.

I ended up getting Jones for a combo of Harvin and picks so I'm happy I didn't take your deal, although I'm pretty sure that exact deal was never actually offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back