Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2015 - Discussion

All I'm trying to iterate is that the top IDPs right now will still be the top IDPs with any scoring change. So everyone's good IDPs are still everyone's good IDPs, and everyone already has all the best IDPs in their rosters. So it's not like suddenly it's unfair. Because we all still had to roster IDPs all these years, and we all obviously rostered the best scoring ones.

Instead of a top DLman scoring 75 all year and the 30th best one scoring 45, he might score 150 and the 30th 90, say. So the IDPs are all still maintaining their relative worth amongst themselves. Just that they're now CLOSER to offensive players to make them thus more valuable per se, people drafting them earlier, trading early round picks for the best ones.

I'm not going to touch offensive players. And QBs will still be important, everyone looking for a franchise qb like nfl teams do. And I'm not going to make IDPs score too much either. Gonna try and resemble the Cutthroat tiered system, where all IDPs still kinda fall just below the middle to worst offensive players, with just those few beasts like Watt etc who might push up a little higher.

Thats not unfair because Watt is STILL exactly relative to all other IDPs in either scoring system.

* that. Some have deliberately ignored drafting/trading for IDPs more so than others as a strategy (and a good one at that). Can't go and just punish them now, that's complete bullshit.

Two QBs tops I endorse.
A sudden idp scoring change for 2017 is doable, but still not necessary.....if you know NOW that changes will be made in 2017 then THIS draft is still supposedly compromised by that logic.

Can do 2017 but still really unnecessary to wait another two years. Don't believe in incremental either. Just do it, get it right first time. Everyone adjusted ready for the 2016 draft.

I know we have some people who object, but as always, seeking a majority vote. If majority say * it let's do it 2016 then the others have to concede. Just like for YEARS I've had to concede.

Throw me a bone ffs. Plus trust me, it'll make alpha a little more enjoyable.

Forget it then.I'm never changing it. Even if you all vote yes. You've had eight Fvcking years ffs. No rosters weakened or strengthened by having a change. So * you all. No. Never. :p

Don't be silly, down the track we can change....let's just put a plan and maybe a year or two leeway to adjust rosters.

Voting is closed forever on any change. No two QBs. No 8 LBs. No scoring change.

We all drafted knowing we can start three qb's so any change there will be unfair to those who have been building for three starting qb's.

Same deal with LBs. We've had to constantly cut that sixth or seventh LB at draft cuts. So adversely affects to change.

No changes ever. The line is drawn. The foot is down. Hands are on hips. No sugar from this lady anymore. No siree.

Change nothing for this year. Before we cut lists and draft next year I'd be all for making a few changes.

I'd like to see rosters adjusted to a MAX of 4 QBs, 4 TEs, 2 PKs and leave all other positions alone

Scoring:
IDP - Sacks 4pts, 1/2 Sack 2pts, INT 5pts, Tackle 1pt, Asst Tackle 0.5pt, Safety/Block Kick 5pts, PD 1pt, FF 3pts, FR 2pts
Kickers - No negative pts for missed FG, already penalised for missing pts anwyay, but as a result all FGs worth 3pts, PATs 1pt
QB/WR/RB - I'm happy with the scoring, but not convinced on the bonus pts for big plays... the numbers rack up with big plays already as it is

Just my 2c worth

Okay who's the f-wit that started this.
Was happy with everything before this. Now all you've done is upset GG. Lol

Options with QB down the line
Lower passing TD and passing yards points which are both pretty high. Ie 3 points per TD, -1 per int not 6 and three. Less boon to the score but less impact by negative plays.

Max three STARTING QBs per roster at seasons start with either 3 or 4 max at position.

Make it a 2QB league and swap one of the super flex spots to a normal flex. Value at position increased due to demand for starting 2QBs rather than 'anything' whilst minimising the ability for teams to dominate TOO much but losing that third option. Really it's about defining strength at two static positions (ie having two GOOD QBs) rather than maximising scoring across three with only one of which being static. Also increases worth of WRs passively as the depth at the new flex position innately flows to deeper offensive positions when you already start 2RBs.

Increase points per reception for TEs.

Increase sack worth ie big plays? Right now it isn't worth worrying about DEs BUT ALSO rush linebackers. IMHO why would you pick a player like Beasley whose defensive scoring at LB is so far below and so less consistent than a 3-4 MLB or 4-3 LB? You don't because unless you're riding a truly elite option, they'll always lose out to 8 tackle per game LBers.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Good points Dagless. I think we're all open to discuss, some can come in before the next draft or earlier of we agree and some even after. Think there needs to be tome to adjust.

Anyway just another question that I should know. We can draft past 40+,players. But when will we need to cut to final 40. Assuming early September.

Back