And a rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope not and doubt it, as the Membership packages for reserved seats are at Telstra and it would be a Administrative nightmare to move it. Plus the atmosphere when packed is better at the dome.

We play 7 at dome and 4 at mcg now i think (home games) - i doubt we'd totally leave the dome, because they need us and would throw lots of $ at us to stay (plus no point playing interstate sides in a venue that holds over 100,000), but maybe the ratio will become 6 and 5 or 5 and 6.

i hope this isnt true coz my dad barracks for nth and me and my brother can only go to 2 games a year at he wont dare go to the mcg for some reason and i dont know y? ive only ever been there once:mad:

I love watching footy at the Dome - but as long as Essendon plays there - our chance of winning a flag is severely diminished due to it simpact on our inability to play in the wet - or windy conditions.

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
I love watching footy at the Dome - but as long as Essendon plays there - our chance of winning a flag is severely diminished due to it simpact on our inability to play in the wet - or windy conditions.

Not to mention the injuries TD causes such as Pevs shin splints. Its far to hard a ground and will shorten our players careers.

Agreed above. Playing at the dome has softened us with its perfect indoor conditions.

It's like comparing a soccer player to an indoor soccer player.

Not to mention, the domes tragic surface has caused us many injuries in my opinion.

We need to get back outside and in the thick of things. We need the brute strength that Collingwood and Brisbane have..... and we won't get that by playing under a roof on a warm, wet or windy day.

I think the TD factor is a bit overrated, what needs to be remembered is that we train at a football ground named after it's diabolical weather conditions. Windy Hill also doesn't have the best drainage either, so it becomes sloppy at times. I think it is more because we play dumb football in bad conditions. Instead of kicking the **** out of the footy we fart arse about with pretty little handballs etc which get us nowhere.

The claim that Telstra Dome has caused us injuries is crap. If the surface wasn't up to scratch safety wise, we wouldn't be playing on it.

Re Damien Peverill's stress fractures, I myself have suffered these since 2001 and after having yet another reoccurence in Jan 03, I took 2 months off all sport in May 03. Despite doing nothing for this period of time they still linger and at times I can get some very bad pain from simply walking from class to class at school - what I am saying here is that some blokes are just susceptible to them (Jimmy Hird anybody?) and they are not necessarily the result of activity on hard surfaces. Mine were obtained from my athletics, which I always wore the best footwear on synthetic tracks, which are very injury-friendly surfaces.

i'd be wrapped if it were true.
i like colonial, but the 'G is the best ground going around.
and as others have said, it would surely help us play in adverse weather conditions. how much it would help, or whether there are other ways to help us play better in poor conditions, is open to debate.

While i like TD the game that counts the most is won at the G. I am a blues supporter and wouldn't mind at all if we played 11 home games at the G.

Originally posted by bozza
I think it is more because we play dumb football in bad conditions. Instead of kicking the **** out of the footy we fart arse about with pretty little handballs etc which get us nowhere.

I'd tend to agree with that. It's a decision making problem more than anything. The players just seem incapable of varying their gameplan to adjust to conditions. Or even worse they vary it to be even more dinky and tricky in the wet and windy stuff rather than simplifying it all down... at least that's the way it seems a lot of the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by bozza
I think the TD factor is a bit overrated, what needs to be remembered is that we train at a football ground named after it's diabolical weather conditions. Windy Hill also doesn't have the best drainage either, so it becomes sloppy at times. I think it is more because we play dumb football in bad conditions. Instead of kicking the **** out of the footy we fart arse about with pretty little handballs etc which get us nowhere.

That is a valid point - however I believe the one thing that you CAN NOT DO at training is practice under match conditions - and it is pretty well accepted that when players are under pressure they do what comes naturally - and when you play in Perfect Dome you tend to rely more on your skill to get you out of a tight spot.

Far too many *ingg matches I watch us go backwards when it is wet - I always feel like we are playing uphill - like the team against us has a 10 goal wind which ever way they are kicking.

It is not a coincidence that North are the best wet weather team going around (at least were) because they moved the ball forward at all costs - if we learnt how to do this and got rid of bad habits then we would be ok. The only way this would happen is if TD's roof is open all year for us - which I would not complain about if it helped us net a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back