Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Even he would know deep down how disgraceful his work is. He clearly just needs an income like all of us, and clearly there are people who pay for that kind of display.

No need to be negative, it's sad.

Does anyone remember his short stint on soccer segment of Fox Sports......oh dear, what a disaster that was.

I know people (including myself) often exaggerate about the extremely low quality of sport media in this country, but honestly, Maher's appearance on that show was close to the lowest of lowlights in the history of Australian sports coverage. Never before have I felt the urge to vomit and/or kill someone so strongly. Thing is, watching that was like a car crash. For all the bloody mess, I couldn't look away.

I didn't think he could possibly top his again chunder worthy contributions to 10's 2008 Super Bowl coverage, but not only did he exceed it, he completely obliterated it.

I knew the minute I saw and heard Andrew Maher for the first time, it was going to be a long, hate filled relationship. He's lucky I've never bumped into him at any sporting event I've been to, I would punch him right in the face.

I love how united we are all in our hatred of Andy Maher.

Never before have I come across someone who loves the sound of their own voice.

I know those Mortein ads will never permanently kill off Louie the Fly but I wish they did it with this goof.

He just keeps on popping up! I don't get it.

He's probably an okay guy to have a beer with in real life (as long as he doesn't talk about ******* Marcellin), but he has no talent whatsoever. His ocker bogan accent is highly grating, he lays on the cliches worse than any other commentator (only Luke Darcy comes close to being as bad), and he also doesn't offer anything even remotely insightful.

I'd like to know what inspired whoever it was who gave him his original gig to do so, because to me he looks and sounds like nothing more than your garden variety idiot who you've dragged in from the bar, three pints in.

valid points. someone must be held accountable. how did he start at 10? or whereever?

It really is amusing that he's been relegated to compensating wbbl. Being on the bbl commentary is now a premium role in aus sports broadcasting. He had first dibs to secure that position fir a long time. But he's blown it. 10 would much rather Howie do 3 weeks straight than to give him a break and let this idiot fill in.

valid points. someone must be held accountable. how did he start at 10? or whereever?
Boundary rider when 10 got the footy.

I prefer maher to HowieHowie
both as bad as each other, not aiming high lol

How hard is it to get somebody who actually played the game rather than nuffies like 'Radar' & 'Howie'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andys show today.

Words spoken : 12,562

Actual points made : 6

Guests on show : 4

Guests who left confused as to wtf were the rambling questions asked : 4

Ave amount of times the one question was asked in different ways : 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back