Anyone else sick of hearing about ANZAC Day and what makes us Australian yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

CCiVU0-VIAIglcD.jpg

:rolleyes:

Bombing o Dresden? Are we not top blokes eh

How did japs get treated in western countries? Oh yeah we sent them to concentration camps
Are you being serious, what as happened to you to be this odd. Why not discuss the japanese disgusting treatment of prisoners of war, mass killings of chinese , the list goes on. Both sides did morally wrong acts, but he japanese and germans were right up their at the top for being mass murderers. Should we have looked the other way and just said carry on. There wouldnt be any jewish people left for you to spout off at.

Are you being serious, what as happened to you to be this odd. Why not discuss the japanese disgusting treatment of prisoners of war, mass killings of chinese , the list goes on. Both sides did morally wrong acts, but he japanese and germans were right up their at the top for being mass murderers. Should we have looked the other way and just said carry on. There wouldnt be any jewish people left for you to spout off at.

Th japs and Germans are just especially evil people u reckon? s**t, they ar not even Muslim.

I'm more than happy to discuss jap v prisoners jap v Chinese.

Last edited:
Th japs and Germans are just especially evil people u reckon? s**t, they ar not even Muslim.

I'm more than happy to discuss jap v prisoners jap v Chinese.
I dont think germans and jas are evil, they were during the war years . What has happened to you to make you seem so out there, why the self loathing of everything western, and adoration of all other cultures. You need to get more in balance .

I dont think germans and jas are evil, they were during the war years . What has happened to you to make you seem so out there, why the self loathing of everything western, and adoration of all other cultures. You need to get more in balance .

Where we evil when we dropped the bombs on Dresden killing 150k of em on a nice February evening?

I don't think pointing out; the perry expedition, Australians refusal to sign the jap proposed anti racism act etc. , being pivotal points in jap history, equates to "self loathing of everything west

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_Equality_Proposal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Expedition

It is balanced, it's the big picture

Where we evil when we dropped the bombs on Dresden killing 150k of em on a nice February evening?

I don't think pointing out; the perry expedition, Australians refusal to sign the jap proposed anti racism act etc. , being pivotal points in jap history, equates to "self loathing of everything west

because we didnt sign a proposed document by the japanese that entitled them to run amok and butcher millions of innocent people, come on , wake up and get in the real world.

Last night that Afghanistan dood who got given a Vc did a story on the attacks at lone pine. It was disgusting story glorifying war, however what made me think was when he mentioned the courage of the invaders rushing up that hill under machine gun fire. My mind flashed to descriptions of Japs attacking along the Kokada trail up mountains. We didn't call that courage, we called it fanaticism.

History is always written from a particular point of view to suit a certain agenda. Your entire posting history is an excellent example.

It wasn't even our land. We were raiding the countries resources when the Japanese invaded.

That's not quite correct. The Australian Territory of Papua (originally called British New Guinea) passed from British control to Australian control in 1902. Papua was actually annexed by the colonial government of Queensland in 1883 for the British empire.

So Papua at the very least, was Australian territory in World War II.

The Territory of New Guinea (originally German New Guinea) - the northern half of the present country of Papua New Guinea - was occupied by Australian forces in World War I and was an Australian administered territory from 1920 until 1975.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup Cowra = Changi or Final solution

Perspective would be nice

When you consider the Japanese position after the fall of Singapore and their tactics were a necessity. They didn't have the ability to feed and keep the prisoners happy, they had to "treat them mean to keep them keen". The prisoners needed to be kept busy and weak to stop revolting, stop further draining resources. The Germans used fluoride in the water supplies to control our prisoners.

I was told by a veteran (2/27th)wounded in the 45 invasion of borneo, who was in a hospital recovering when the Japanese surrender came, He said the Indians present on the base marched into the POW camp and shot all the Japanese prisoners after they heard what was at Changi. There was no military initiative in this.

These were Indians slaughtering soldiers who fought against the very thing they were to gutless to fight at that time. It wouldn't be until another ten years before they stood up against British oppression and the blood thirsty Churchill.

When you consider the Japanese position after the fall of Singapore and their tactics were a necessity. They didn't have the ability to feed and keep the prisoners happy, they had to "treat them mean to keep them keen". The prisoners needed to be kept busy and weak to stop revolting, stop further draining resources. The Germans used fluoride in the water supplies to control our prisoners.
What was their excuse in Nanking? Murder, rape and torture as a means to "keep them keen". Your all-consuming hatred of anything American has made you into an apologist for barbarism.

What was their excuse in Nanking? Murder, rape and torture as a means to "keep them keen". Your all-consuming hatred of anything American has made you into an apologist for barbarism.
I see him, I'm presuming that he's a him, as a nut job.

World War Two is a special type of conflict. Atrocities were the norm, not the exception.

It would be disingenuous to think that Japan wanted anything more than to be complicit in Western Colonialism.

Beyond that there wasn't much in the way of broad cultural consistency between Japan and Anglo powers and it was those differences that led to them aligning with more militarist regimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The declassified files reveal that Britain resorted to very brutal measures in the war, including widespread aerial bombing and the use of a forerunner to modern cluster bombs. Britain also set up a grotesque “resettlement” programme that provided a model for the US’s horrific “strategic hamlet” programmes in Vietnam. It also used chemical agents from which the US may again have drawn lessons in its use of agent orange.

https://markcurtis.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/the-war-in-malaya-1948-60/

A few thousand Australians died in captivity here. A few more thousand families and communities had to deal with the fallout of the survivors. What did they die and suffer for? Wasn't for freedom, wasn't for the human rights of Malayans. They weren't defending Australia.

British planners’ primary concern was to enable British business to exploit Malayan economic resources. Malaya possessed valuable minerals such as coal, bauxite, tungsten, gold, iron ore, manganese, and, above all, rubber and tin. A Colonial Office report from 1950 noted that Malaya’s rubber and tin mining industries were the biggest dollar earners in the British Commonwealth. Rubber accounted for 75 per cent, and tin 12-15 per cent, of Malaya’s income.

As a result of colonialism, Malaya was effectively owned by European, primarily British, businesses, with British capital behind most Malayan enterprises. Most importantly, 70 per cent of the acreage of rubber estates was owned by European (primarily British) companies, compared to 29 per cent Asian ownership. Malaya was described by one Lord in 1952 as the “greatest material prize in South-East Asia”, mainly due to its rubber and tin. These resources were “very fortunate” for Britain, another Lord declared, since “they have very largely supported the standard of living of the people of this country and the sterling area ever since the war ended”. “What we should do without Malaya, and its earnings in tin and rubber, I do not know”.

The insurgency threatened control over this “material prize”. The Colonial Secretary remarked in 1948 that “it would gravely worsen the whole dollar balance of the Sterling Area if there were serious interference with Malayan exports”. One other member of the House of Lords explained that existing deposits of tin were being “quickly used up” and, owing to rebel activity, “no new areas are being prospected for future working”. The danger was that tin mining would cease in around ten years, he alleged. The situation with rubber was “no less alarming”, with the fall in output “largely due to the direct and indirect effects of communist sabotage”, as it was described.

What sought of person hates the Japanese for doing exactly what Brittan did, yet looks up to Brittan? These crimes were committed after ww2, its more rational to hate on poms than Japs. Unless you're a white supremacist .We were fighting and dying for the commercial interests of European businessman. Those businessman had our soldiers committing the atrocities that made them money.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back