Anyone think we can actually win next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not very confident. Saints will start favorites. We looked Tired today!!

The saints will be fresher given they didnt really play in the first half loool.
The pies threw everything humanly possible to knock the saints and couldnt hurt them and im thinking as rocky balboa said to apollo in rocky 2.
Yo apollo,
yeah who is that?
its me rocky balboa.
Yeah what do u want?
I wanted to know did u give me your best?
yeah.
and rocky knew he could win.
loooooooooooooooool
:D:D:D

I think we are a good chance, we should have lost today but got lucky, I don't think (hope) some our better players will play this average again.

We need our midfield to fire and kick more accurate, simple. Its going to be a 50/50 contest. I think if we can pull a early lead in the first quarter we will give ourselves the best possible chance of winning.

We couldn't have Swan, Pendlez, Ball, L.Brown, Dawes etc play bad again could we? And then have the Saints midfield play that well again?
For as bad as we played at times, we did well to get away with the draw in the end

I think they put in a mighty effort to get back into it so we should be alright plus the crap about St Kilda losing last year thats all wiped out now even money
What a great point! Last years loss will have less impact now. Surely Swan, Pendles and Didak won't play two poor-average matches in a row. Expect fresh leg changes.

Whilst St Kilda did sort of work us out, we escaped with the draw and now we have a week to either restructure or work out how to stop them taking control of the game

St Kilda have shown all year they wont be kicking a high score so there is no way we are out of it, we get on top and we win easily, they get on top and it will be a low scoring close game again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great point! Last years loss will have less impact now. Surely Swan, Pendles and Didak won't play two poor-average matches in a row. Expect fresh leg changes.
It was a great effort from both teams and its going to be awesome next week, I will await an unbiased Pie opinion from someone other than yourself :eek:

This will be a supporters final

more tickets are being allocted to both clubs rather than corporate

I cannot see any suspensions either

Come on! Kick a bit staighter and its ours! St Kilda put everything into that game. I believe thats the best they can play this year, against us. So for them to get up again I think will be harder. Collingwood can play alot better, and they will be better for the experience. We wont panic with the ball as much again. The Saints rely to much on their top players; Goddard, Hayes and Riewoldt will need to be thier best two wks in a row. I just think there is more we can do to change the result in our favour next wk. Bring it!!

I think Collingwood will still be the favourite, as they were for today's game. But, probably not as hot a favourite.

The forward line functioned really poorly today, a fair few very easy misses and just too much bombing it up high rather than kicking it out to advantage. Leon had a shocker, Didak had no real presence. I think a lot can be done significantly better.

I don't think there is as much upside for the Saints other than the hope they wont pick spuds like Peake and Ray again. You guys have been prone to being poor up forward now and then but tend to improve after a poor one.

It was a great effort from both teams and its going to be awesome next week, I will await an unbiased Pie opinion from someone other than yourself :eek:
Which part of my post do you feel was biased? You did not say at all. You think I was biased when I said that I think Pendles, Swan and Didak were quiet? :confused:
I think Collingwood will still be the favourite, as they were for today's game. But, probably not as hot a favourite.

The forward line functioned really poorly today, a fair few very easy misses and just too much bombing it up high rather than kicking it out to advantage. Leon had a shocker, Didak had no real presence. I think a lot can be done significantly better.

I don't think there is as much upside for the Saints other than the hope they wont pick spuds like Peake and Ray again. You guys have been prone to being poor up forward now and then but tend to improve after a poor one.
I agree with this, but I if I was to say it, then a St.Kilda troll would say I was biased.

Which part of my post do you feel was biased? You did not say at all. You think I was biased when I said that I think Pendles, Swan and Didak were quiet? :confused:I agree with this, but I if I was to say it, then a St.Kilda troll would say I was biased.
OK fair call KS, more I thought they were well Held (though they did have a few WTF moments with disposal) I expect (hope lol) for the same again. Did you enjoy the game disregarding the result?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back