April - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ahead for the day so can't complain about much. But Catkins winning would've turned it into something special.

Randwick:

R2: Engagement $8/$2.5 E/W 3rd

R3: Shaumari $4.50 win 3rd

R4: In Cahoots $13/3.70 E/W 3rd

R5: Gypsy Diamond win 2nd 1,2,3,4 tri and exacta

R6: Zanbagh $5 win 2nd (bar plates come off i think will run alot better)

R7: The Offer Special win 1st exacta with tupac amaru

R8: Boban $12/3.50 E/W loss

R9: Aerobatics $18/4.6 E/W loss

engagement/gypsydiamond/zanbagh/theoffer/boban in a treble win multi need three to win to make money

quaddie

1,2,3/4/1,2,3,4,5,6,10,11/1,2,5,6,7,12 win

good day on the punt :thumbsu:

Thought I'd get in early and get a price on a few of these. Have a pretty strong opinion on a few races, if I get it right I'll be laughing, if not, then It'll be a bad end to an okay autumn.
R3
12 Units Shamauri @4.50
4 Units Memorial
R4
3 Units EW Shamalia @13/3.90
2 Units EW Turqouise King @17/4.6
1 Unit EW Dothraki @15/4.4
R5
6 Units Gypsy Diamond @6.50
3 Units Vidiana @13
2 Units Sharnee Rose @13
R7
25 Units The Offer @2.8 (+45 Units) Return of 70 Units
4 Units Brigantin
R8
25 Units EW IAD @6/2.15 (+153.75) Return of 203.75 Units
4 Units Boban
From 120 Units, and one of my the biggest betting days I've had. I've managed to latch onto the 2 horses I've been most confident about this autumn, and boy it is a great feeling.
Total units spent= 120
Total Return= 273.75
Profit=153.75
It's A Dundeel proved to be the best horse in the race, was ridden accordingly and won it fair and square which is what I am happiest about. Murray Baker is a freak, had the horse primed for this since the Cox Plate last year. Silent Achiever ran well but had clearly peaked, and Sacred Falls ran out of his skin. Can only be a little annoyed I got the price wrong on the offer, but it won more like an odds on shot than the 4's that were given at one stage. Managed to put a little on the double as well. Gypsy Diamond would've been the icing on the cake, but funnily enough was beaten by a horse I backed about 4 weeks earlier. Ripper day, only thing that can make the weekend better is if my mob get up tomorrow.

So You Think, Might and Power and Northerly all raced on pace and kept going off very strong tempos.

This is my point, he seems to have the superstar status within the racing community yet in comparison to the previous champions/superstars he really does not compare.

IAD sprinted well today off a strong tempo. In saying that, T.Berry got the pace wrong on Carlton House - The last 600m sectional was the slowest of the day by half a second.

Great win by The Offer. This horse has excellent excelleration and you'd have to think he would acquit himself well in the Melbourne Cup.

Form turned around a bit on the drier track. It was interesting that the NZer's successfully targetted the back end of the carnival. I expect the Championship to go from strength to strength in the next few years. And next week we have the Champagne Stakes and The All Aged Stakes at group 1 level.

I giggled when some compared WhoBeGotYou and It's A Dundeel. Who was effective up to 1600m and IAD is effective at 1600+. I would assess IAD as a 3 to 4 lengths better horse.

My final opinion is that IAD won the Grand Final, he won the race of the autumn, with the horses of the autumn. There isn't much else he could have done today to prove the doubters wrong. There was a strong tempo, and he was able to do what not many horses can and accelerate off that, left horses like Green Moon for dead, who was all out of puff around the bend.

IAD sprinted well today off a strong tempo. In saying that, T.Berry got the pace wrong on Carlton House - The last 600m sectional was the slowest of the day by half a second.

Great win by The Offer. This horse has excellent excelleration and you'd have to think he would acquit himself well in the Melbourne Cup.

Last horse not named maybe diva to win both?

To be honest - struggling to remember the last winner to have even run in the Sydney cup.

Form turned around a bit on the drier track. It was interesting that the NZer's successfully targetted the back end of the carnival. I expect the Championship to go from strength to strength in the next few years. And next week we have the Champagne Stakes and The All Aged Stakes at group 1 level.
That's likely to continue and you can add the Brisbane Winter Carnival to that. The timing is better for generally later maturing 3yrolds out of NZ. Melbourne autumn is too tough for them with the hard tracks and hot temperatures in Feb and March.
Puccini was a bit of a wasted opportunity. Back in the day the NZ Derby was run on Boxing Day so the winners could have a breather if necessary before taking on the AJC. Very hard to do now where you have to train them on for another 6 weeks and peak again. Makes Rising Romance's win very good. Murray Baker had the right idea with Show the World winning a qualifying Grp 2 on Boxing Day, spelling him and working him up for the AJC. He just didn't have the horse this time. The horse was Puccini.
If a horse called Allez Eagle (3yrold by Guillotine) comes over for Brisbane carnival it should go well.

Loved the Championships, although a wedding and footy yesterday prevented me from watching live.
Had two good days to start with and yesterday was battling until the faves started to come good and I got a little back. In past years a lot of roughies have won in the slop up there making it very tough but I found the racing to be fair and predictable.
It's a Dundeel I've had a lot of time for and while I agree he isn't a superstar he is very good when he is right, and he was improving each run prior to the Grand Final, betting seemed to show that too.

I still can't believe I didn't jump on Lankan Rupee......same goes with Sistine Demon for that matter..when they win early for you why not stick with them :thumbsu:
Down in Melbourne Our Voodoo Prince is a big find, I am a massive fan.

Anyway bring on tomorrow...Tracys Image in race 1 :cool:

Last horse not named maybe diva to win both?

To be honest - struggling to remember the last winner to have even run in the Sydney cup.

Of course one is not silly enough to bet now on the Melbourne Cup. Good thing is that now you can sit back, smoke the pipe ans solely prepare for the Cup, knowing that you are a certain starter.

Turnover figures were up nearly 40% on Day 2 of the Championship. Think the formula will be an ongoing success, and expect moreoverseas horses next year.

And Tommy Berry returns to HK next week for another two month stint. You think it's a matter of time before he accepts John Moore's offer to be his retained rider.

Caulfield...early kick off today

R1- As mentioned a few times on this board I am mighty keen on Tracy's Image, half sister to Typhoon Tracy, up to 1400m she will go bang. Looked great on debut despite getting beat.
R2- Belle Couture nothing silly though just watch and hope she does well
R3- Going with the first starter Daring...at the $7
R4- Paraggi I think can win well.
R5 -Zubperb can win if it takes some improvement from last run, doesn't seem a strong race at all
R6 -Wakeel should be cherry ripe and will be hard to run down
R7 - Black Aston is a little bro to Miss Octopussy and is going nicely, bigger test but an even race
R8 - Tooleybuc Kid, ideal race for it
R9 - Zazparella building up to a win prefer it's formline, also small wager on Sanosuke in a shotgun approach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caulfield...early kick off today

R1- As mentioned a few times on this board I am mighty keen on Tracy's Image, half sister to Typhoon Tracy, up to 1400m she will go bang. Looked great on debut despite getting beat.

With the scratching of the other favourite, how confident are you in it winning?

Do I go all in?

With the scratching of the other favourite, how confident are you in it winning?

Do I go all in?

I was pretty keen with Holy Cow running. There is going to have to be a very good horse in the race to beat it. It got beaten on debut and is no Typhoon Tracy, but the way it just accelerated and closed extremely fast over the final 100 (over 1100) gave the impression it will just smash a 1400m race to bits. A saver on the stablemate might be a good idea but hopefully they wouldn't put up another good one against it.

I was pretty keen with Holy Cow running. There is going to have to be a very good horse in the race to beat it. It got beaten on debut and is no Typhoon Tracy, but the way it just accelerated and closed extremely fast over the final 100 (over 1100) gave the impression it will just smash a 1400m race to bits. A saver on the stablemate might be a good idea but hopefully they wouldn't put up another good one against it.

Just took $2.50 on Betfair.

Let's hope you're right :thumbsu:

Haven't had a chance to look at the data from Saturday yet so hard for me to comment on the race, great win by IAD so can't knock him on that but still happy to say he has been an over hyped horse, yes a very good horse but not the horse he has been made out to be.

If the track stayed in the slow range you could make a strong case that Sacred Falls may have ran him down in the straight.

My first losing week for sometime but had to happen sooner or later, not a diabolical however with the result on The Offer a good one, I don't have the data available but fair to say they let Eloping get away with it in race 3, Shaumari made good ground out wide and the one I want to follow.

Lucia Valentina was the biggest disappointment for me, I thought it was a lazy ride by Bowman, thought it was all going to fall into place like it did last time, didn't need to be back last on the fence and was always going to be hard from there.

I'd be very happy with $2.50. I was pretty big on Holy Cow, so with her gone I think Tracey's Image takes it out strongly.

Out to $3.50 now on Betfair.

Bit disappointed I didn't wait but it still has to win ...

Aaaaaand my disappointment continues.

Funnily enough, I backed Harry Coffey all last weekend and took him in the Jockey's Challenge for an ordinary result.

I looked over what he was on today and thought he had a few ok rides :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back