Opinion Are you happy to have a new coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt you'd find too many instances of Freo posters calling any of deBoer, Crowley, Suban, Spurr or Johnson "list cloggers" three years ago.
These were the names that continually came up in conversations with a group of Freo mates when they were lamenting their poor performances over the years. I must say I agreed with them on most of these players.
I might also add that these mates were pretty good judges and some had been involved with footy at a pretty high level. We were all wrong.

This was the sentiment on the Freo board back then. Shows how things can change

Walters too?...**** a duck.
And that pin head Johnson gets another 2

there can be not much more in the world that gets me angrier than the possibility of michael johnson being on our list for another 2, underwhelming, heartless, downhill skiing years.
thirdly, i really dont know what all the love is about for walters, or what he has done to deserve it, but hopefully he sees this as a kick in the pants, we re-sign him to a one year deal adn he actually produces something for the club

Really hope we keep Son-Son and delist Crowley while we're at it. Also whilst not too fast over 50-100 metres or so his acceleration is good and as said he is extremely dangerous aaround stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't we all just get along :)

I was just trying to put some perspective into tracker 101's comment about list cloggers. Some of our players being bagged here could end up being all Australian players in a couple of years time like has happened with Freo

Why can't we all just get along :)

I was just trying to put some perspective into tracker 101's comment about list cloggers. Some of our players being bagged here could end up being all Australian players in a couple of years time like has happened with Freo

What? This hasn't happened.

One player means very little.

There's nothing that Simpson has done this year that I could clearly say he has done better than Woosha.

I'm all for giving a guy a go, but I can't point to any example of him outperforming John.

Sadly, if he is no good as a coach, the eagles board will suffer with him for 3 seasons before making a change.

Right now, I'd gladly swap him for several others who are wanting a senior coaching position - starting with Sumich.

I think he is insipid, uninspiring and speaks a lot of words without saying anything.

There's nothing that Simpson has done this year that I could clearly say he has done better than Woosha.

I'm all for giving a guy a go, but I can't point to any example of him outperforming John.

Sadly, if he is no good as a coach, the eagles board will suffer with him for 3 seasons before making a change.

Right now, I'd gladly swap him for several others who are wanting a senior coaching position - starting with Sumich.

I think he is insipid, uninspiring and speaks a lot of words without saying anything.

So what your saying is a rookie coach in his first year should be outperforming our previous coach who got us a to a flag and quite a few finals?

Seriously people need to be PATIENT!...How can you say Suma would be doing any better? He was rejected by 3 teams for the main gig. Give Simpson 2 years to put his stamp on the list and see what he can do.

Not made quite the impression I thought he would tbh. But saying that really happy with his first year to date not afraid to chop and change several players
have come on under him. I see him as Roberto Martinez in his wigan days. Right ethos and a good tactical brain and trys to play the right way but lack of cattle seriously letting him down. If we get the players required I can see him being a very successful coach

who are these other guys you're speaking of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back