ATP ATP 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Sekulic of Australia up against Sonego in R1 of Shanghai. Haven’t ever seen Sekulic before so keen to see what he offers. I really like this tournament but can’t see there being much interest for an individual thread at this time of the season.

Wait till you see his service action.

Huge forehand. There may be a few errors in this one.

Wait till you see his service action.

Huge forehand. There may be a few errors in this one.
Caught a glimpse of it in the warm-up and what on earth is that?! How do you become a pro with that service action? FH winner on the second point. It’s so windy, this match is going to be messy.

No electronic line calling which seems odd for a 1000 which would surely have no shortage of money.

He's very green, hasn't played a lot on tour (even challengers). Yes the action's dumb but it seems to be effective. Always fun to watch something different. I enjoyed watching play the other week

He's very green, hasn't played a lot on tour (even challengers). Yes the action's dumb but it seems to be effective. Always fun to watch something different. I enjoyed watching play the other week
Yeah you’re right, watching that service game, its funky but it’s actually not that bad. Certainly likes to run around that BH. A good start.

Hijikata blows 40-0 serving for the match. If he goes on to lose this…

Edit: Breaks immediately after. Will serve for it again. Cmon!

Disappointing results for some of the Aussies, O' Connell was a break up in the 3rd of his. Popryin seems to be the most flaky player at times and Thompson is still looking like he's carrying that injury he picked up in New York. All lost.

Vukic and Rinky won. RInky has got Tsitipas so we'll see how out of form Stef is. I did have have to laugh at tennis australia's site saying that this was Rinky's first top 50 win of his career. He made the 4th round of the US Open (by beating no top 50 players), I wonder how out of sorts that will look in 10 years time.

Time for Kokk to step up tonight.

Sekulic of Australia up against Sonego in R1 of Shanghai. Haven’t ever seen Sekulic before so keen to see what he offers. I really like this tournament but can’t see there being much interest for an individual thread at this time of the season.
I would get into it and watch but ive had to let BeIn go for now :( so im just following highlights and stuff like that

Disappointing results for some of the Aussies, O' Connell was a break up in the 3rd of his. Popryin seems to be the most flaky player at times and Thompson is still looking like he's carrying that injury he picked up in New York. All lost.

Vukic and Rinky won. RInky has got Tsitipas so we'll see how out of form Stef is. I did have have to laugh at tennis australia's site saying that this was Rinky's first top 50 win of his career. He made the 4th round of the US Open (by beating no top 50 players), I wonder how out of sorts that will look in 10 years time.

Time for Kokk to step up tonight.
Rinky is going after it, for sure.
Sad for OConnell. Got an easy draw for once. Would’ve had Humbert next.

Incredible rally between Medvedev and Korda at 7-7 (or was it 6-7) in the TB. Just wow. One of the best points of the year, crazy.

Korda peaking just like he did at AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have got to say, this tournament has produced some awesome matches already. Evans and Alcaraz had an 11 deuce game, where Carlos squandered 6 BP’s. It’s 4-4 now with Evans again struggling to hold.

Schwartzman beat Fritz earlier 7-6 in the third. What a huge win for Diego given his awful year.

87 minute opening set. Carlos takes it 7-6. Had 13 BP’s to Evans’ 1, so it’s hard to argue the right man won the set. Evans missed some overheads in the TB though that were so costly. Alcaraz’s defence was absolutely unbelievable my goodness. He’s literally a young Nadal with some of the balls he gets to.

Another fruitless tournament for Alcaraz, as he suffers a 4R defeat to Dimitrov. Didn’t see that coming, but Carlos is nowhere near his best right now. Defensively as good as ever, but offensively struggling and making a few
too many UE’s. These faster courts don’t really suit his game. He looks tired, but he’s desperate to get year end #1 that he’s probably overplaying.

Wide open tournament.

Another fruitless tournament for Alcaraz, as he suffers a 4R defeat to Dimitrov. Didn’t see that coming, but Carlos is nowhere near his best right now. Defensively as good as ever, but offensively struggling and making a few
too many UE’s. These faster courts don’t really suit his game. He looks tired, but he’s desperate to get year end #1 that he’s probably overplaying.

Wide open tournament.
Silly on his part.
Clearly drained. Needs the off season break.

Silly on his part.
Clearly drained. Needs the off season break.

It's tennis, there is no off season, he will probably play some exhos in there as well.

Actually interested to see who comes out here, very wide open

Woohoo Rublev through to another Masters 1000 final. Hope he wins. I am just now wishing I had a tennis channel but come the end of the year I will. I really thought Korda was a chance to win the title. Both players have a great finals record.

Woohoo Rublev through to another Masters 1000 final. Hope he wins. I am just now wishing I had a tennis channel but come the end of the year I will. I really thought Korda was a chance to win the title. Both players have a great finals record.
You can get free trial for Bein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back