ATP ATP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching. The W/UE count ended up being nasty, but I didn’t hate what I saw. He flashed some of the Rafa magic. He just ran out of steam big time, but that’s to be expected and that could and should be improved if he stays fit and builds up match fitness.

ADM was excellent and wore him down. Great defence, great drop shots, good serving. That FH on the full stretch early in the first was unreal. Wonder if theres a video of it. It was incredible.

Out of all the matches I wanted to check out, I made an effort to watch Fonseca. The guy is an excitement machine, I already love watching him play. 17 years of age and improving with every match. The kid has huge groundstrokes, a real touch at the net, and good tennis IQ. Physically needs to get stronger and fitter (at 17 who doesn’t), and his serve could have more weight behind it. But boy, I think this kid is the real deal. He’s so much fun to watch.

Also checked out the highlights of Mensik, great to get a win in a masters. Tough match against Norrie next, but I give him a chance. This kid isn’t as exciting, but he’s just super solid already. I’m confident in saying he’s going to be a mainstay of the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back