ATP ATP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Demon has fallen out of the top 10 live ranking but would get back in if he wins this tournament.

Looking through his 2023 record, he didn't have such a great year from March. So there is plenty of scope for him to rise even further up the top ten with more consistent results over the rest of 2024.

Watching Jarry and Moutet in Santiago. Moutet goes the underarm serve on the very first point of the match. Whole crowd just starts whistling then cheers his faults. Interesting crowd management.
Hahaha Moutet is from another planet. How hilarious is the crowd, absolute total silence after he wins a point even from a winner. Amazing lol

How is Moutet arguing this call? So the linesman is blind, who cares. Jarry is there, stopped the point knowing it was out, umpire comes down and clearly indicates the ball was out. Yet Moutet argued the point with the umpire. Guy is an idiot.

Rublev defaulted after this.

Conflicting reports on what was said. But personally, dont care. I think that was aggressive enough for a point or game penalty.

It certainly shouldn’t have been given a default if go by all previous examples. Look at Serena, she threaten to kill a line judge and she only got a point penalty (it just happened to be match point). Nick would have been defaulted at least 15 times if the rules were applied like that.

Rublev has every right to feel hard done by.

ignore whether the line call was right or wrong, that’s irrelevant

Is there a case that we should be stamping this out of the game? Sure, it was very aggressive and wasn’t a good look. But something tells me that it’s Rublev, we can default him

How is Moutet arguing this call? So the linesman is blind, who cares. Jarry is there, stopped the point knowing it was out, umpire comes down and clearly indicates the ball was out. Yet Moutet argued the point with the umpire. Guy is an idiot.
You know there is no logic when there is anything Moutet related

Rune is only 20, yet he’ll never learn. Best and worst is still too big a gap
I really dislike Rune. I really do. Off the top of my head there’s not many guys I’d support him over. You’re right, there’s such a massive gap between his best and worst. His best is very good, his bad makes him look like an average player. If and when if all comes together consistently, he’ll be pretty hard to beat.

I like his net play a lot and to me it’s the most underrated part of his game. He can miss routine volleys but on the whole it’s good and his willingness to come forward is a big asset. His serve can be dominant (not often enough though), his BH flashes greatness, his defence is outstanding. FH is inconsistent and to me he hits it much better when he just unleashes on it. His fitness and conditioning is also very poor. He’s a hard one to predict moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dislike Rune. I really do. Off the top of my head there’s not many guys I’d support him over. You’re right, there’s such a massive gap between his best and worst. His best is very good, his bad makes him look like an average player. If and when if all comes together consistently, he’ll be pretty hard to beat.

I like his net play a lot and to me it’s the most underrated part of his game. He can miss routine volleys but on the whole it’s good and his willingness to come forward is a big asset. His serve can be dominant (not often enough though), his BH flashes greatness, his defence is outstanding. FH is inconsistent and to me he hits it much better when he just unleashes on it. His fitness and conditioning is also very poor. He’s a hard one to predict moving forward.
Definitely agree with fitness and conditioning. He’s only 20, but he just seems embedded with stupid mental games he has during matches.
Coaching issue? Just watch him and at times he seems way to beat with his positioning and dare I say, laziness. His work ethic needs work too.

He needs to fix it quickly because players just get better quickly these days. Hasn’t had many great wins of yet.

Too good. The guy is just a machine. Now time to win some matches in the clay season (I'm including IW and Miami as clay season given they are so freaking slow)

De Minaur should seriously go hard at clay. His game is perfect for it

It's really not, he hits the ball way too flat. Same reason why Lleyton never had huge success on it

Congrats to Demon for defending an ATP final for the first time in his career.

Aussie men winning tournaments in two consecutive weeks doesn't happen very often these days (unlike the 50s, 60s and even 70s). Last time was a couple of years ago when Demon/Kyrgios did it in the States.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back