Australia A Tour of India (July and August 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Rogers can hang around long enough for Bancroft to play another full season of Shield before a decision is made. On the other side of the coin a home series against the Windies would be the perfect time for anyone to ease in at Test level.

Hopefully Rogers can hang around long enough for Bancroft to play another full season of Shield before a decision is made. On the other side of the coin a home series against the Windies would be the perfect time for anyone to ease in at Test level.
Rogers retiring at end of Ashes.

Rogers retiring at end of Ashes.

I've read in a few places he might change that decision. When you retire after a series like that it can stuff up your contract which is why you see more low key retirements these days. Even if you know you aren't going to be picked it's better for them to wait until the contract is done. Have a feeling he'd consider hanging on for that reason, his great form and the fact there's not a clear replacement.

I've read in a few places he might change that decision. When you retire after a series like that it can stuff up your contract which is why you see more low key retirements these days. Even if you know you aren't going to be picked it's better for them to wait until the contract is done. Have a feeling he'd consider hanging on for that reason, his great form and the fact there's not a clear replacement.
Bancroft is doing pretty well to sure up that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bancroft is doing pretty well to sure up that spot.

Impressed with his hundred but would hope he can play some more shield games. Still only 22 and still some question marks but he should definitely be first in line if Rogers goes.

And to think us Warriors fans were giving all types of s**t to Bancroft not all that long ago. Some of us called him a dickhead and an idiot during the Matador Cup.

I remember when Bancroft first came into the shield set up he had a huge problem with missing the straight one and getting out LBW. He seems to have sorted that out. Only averages 36 in first class cricket so maybe another season is required. That said there isn't many other blokes in his way.

I remember when Bancroft first came into the shield set up he had a huge problem with missing the straight one and getting out LBW. He seems to have sorted that out. Only averages 36 in first class cricket so maybe another season is required. That said there isn't many other blokes in his way.

He's got an immense ability to concentrate, it seems. A bit old school. You don't expect that from wicket-keeper batsmen. I know he doesn't keep for WA but he was a keeper in grade cricket.

He's got an immense ability to concentrate, it seems. A bit old school. You don't expect that from wicket-keeper batsmen. I know he doesn't keep for WA but he was a keeper in grade cricket.

He looks the goods. Patience is a must as an opener. It is an underrated quality. We really need him and a few of the other young blokes to kick on.

And to think us Warriors fans were giving all types of s**t to Bancroft not all that long ago. Some of us called him a dickhead and an idiot during the Matador Cup.

None with any sense were.

Bloody brilliant stuff by Bancroft - even managed to hit a six!

Was going to say it was a great innings in unfamiliar conditions, but I seem to remember he killed it as an Under 19 on subcontinental pitches as well.

Now we need Will Bosisto, who's cut from a similar cloth to get through that initial baptism of fire at state level as well as Bancroft did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back