Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
This is nothing new, however the amount of Australian Muslims currently fighting over there is steadily increasing. It's now estimated that over 300 young Muslim men from Australia are joining in on the battles, a figure that is worrying anti-terrorism authorities in Australia. The reason it's such a concern is because when these zealots come back to Australia, they return hardened and with terrorism skills that they didn't possess before.

The estimate — around three times greater than earlier calculations — has been made by sources close to families and communities in western Sydney.

It's unfortunate that the community of western Sydney will always need to be on high alert of anything suspicious, but that's what happens when you allow enclaves to exist in society.

http://www.news.com.au/world/disill...t-in-middle-east/story-fndir2ev-1226957126037

Donners, you're a great mod. Unbiased and can see both sides of the story. Please ban the regular trolls from this thread as soon as they start derailing it. Cheers.

Actually, I agree with preventing them from returning. If they want to go join extremists like al-Nusra or ISIS in overthrowing a secular government to install a theocracy, and fail to die on the battlefield, then why should we let them back in here?

You might think I'm a troll for disagreeing with you in that other thread Stewie, but I actually have very clear views on religious zealots. They are ALL dangerous to those that value freedom of thought.

i don't see this as a bad thing necessarily- i mean they're practically saying to ASIO/ASIS "look at me look at me!". upon their return they could be valuable assets in identifying extremism closer to home. and if they are killed overseas, all the better.

Well we aren't allowed to harm them here. Surely sending the SAS over to pick them off one by one in a war zone is allowed though?

The rules of combat apply then. No longer citizen but soliders.

If they're NOT fighting for ISIS, what then?

Does going back to Iraq to fight invading extremists still qualify as learning terrorist skills?

Should we bar them too?

If China invaded Vietnam and Vietnamese went back home to defend their country, which they would, should we barr their re-entry too?

This is where it gets muddy. I'd say fighting for a group PROMOTING religious zealotry and/or ethno-religious supremacy is a no-no. Vietnamese Australians going back to defend their nation against incursion would be okay in my book, but if they then started ethnically cleansing the Chinese community within Vietnam I'd have trouble with it.

The initial Syrian opposition, the moderate 'Syrian National Congress' and the 'Free Syrian Army' I think had a legitimate gripe against how the Assad family ruled Syria these last few decades. But they disappeared quick smart from the battlefield and, in my more cynical hours, I wondered if they were actually just a mask al-Qaeda wore to garner 'Western' support. And arms. And a NATO-sponsored 'no-fly' zone.

These is just my thoughts and opinions though. I am against ANY ideals of ethno-religious supremacy no matter where they occur. Until facts on the ground change in Israel for instance, regarding the way that state treats others I'd consider any Jewish Australian who makes aliyah and joins the I.D.F as one who supports ethno-religious supremacy. Jewish extremists are in no way a threat to Australia and, unlike hardline Islamists, they don't ever seek to export their ideology elsewhere. But I'd still bar them from returning. Even in the one place, this homeland they don't want to share, their ideology is wrong.

Ethno-religious supremacy should be seen as an abomination by all free-thinking peoples in my opinion, and we should seek to stamp it out wherever it may rise.

Donners, you're a great mod. Unbiased and can see both sides of the story. Please ban the regular trolls from this thread as soon as they start derailing it. Cheers.
Still playing the god of BigFooty I see. All discussions on this board must conform to my idea of what a thread should be. Is your ego so colossal that you are unable to see that it is you who are the problem. You are a complete ratbag. You'd better take note Donners. He is capable of hideous retribution if you fail to succumb to his demands.

I wonder whether it would ever occur to this poster that the reason his threads are so-called 'derailed' is because of they are founded on the shifting sands of irrational bigotry. Does he think that nobody has noticed that he has an unhealthy obsession about all things Muslim? Does he think that his previous attempts to convert others to his debilitating impairment are somehow forgotten with the posting of yet another thread from the same hymn book?

If the poster finds this post offensive or to be an attempt to derail a thread, maybe he shouldn't have broached the subject. He is saying, "In previous threads, others have disagreed with me and that's their fault, because their input interferes with the supreme tidiness of the splendid ideas, all on a single topic, I cut and paste on here."

If the poster finds this post offensive or to be an attempt to derail a thread, maybe he shouldn't have broached the subject. He is saying, "In previous threads, others have disagreed with me and that's their fault, because their input interferes with the supreme tidiness of the splendid ideas, all on a single topic, I cut and paste on here."
Donners is actually fed up with the trolling and derailing of threads by the same old tiresome users. This post was the reason I brought it up in the OP, to stop trolls such as yourself from ruining any chance of a proper discussion on this thread.

i don't see this as a bad thing necessarily- i mean they're practically saying to ASIO/ASIS "look at me look at me!". upon their return they could be valuable assets in identifying extremism closer to home.
I doubt they'd be willing to rat out on their buddies, but hey stranger things have happened.

and if they are killed overseas, all the better.
In a perfect world, yes.

Still playing the god of BigFooty I see. All discussions on this board must conform to my idea of what a thread should be. Is your ego so colossal that you are unable to see that it is you who are the problem. You are a complete ratbag. You'd better take note Donners. He is capable of hideous retribution if you fail to succumb to his demands.

I wonder whether it would ever occur to this poster that the reason his threads are so-called 'derailed' is because of they are founded on the shifting sands of irrational bigotry. Does he think that nobody has noticed that he has an unhealthy obsession about all things Muslim? Does he think that his previous attempts to convert others to his debilitating impairment are somehow forgotten with the posting of yet another thread from the same hymn book?

With all due respect, I am one of the "de-railers", and probably the principal culprit.

I stand by that, for all of the reasons you have so eloquently stated above.

Yet, we/I have been given a stern warning for doing such.

I find that moderation extremely difficult to accept.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt they'd be willing to rat out on their buddies, but hey stranger things have happened.

sorry i wasn't meaning to suggest they would 'rat out' anyone. just that they would advertise themselves to our intelligence services, who would be able to link them to others.

Donners is actually fed up with the trolling and derailing of threads by the same old tiresome users. This post was the reason I brought it up in the OP, to stop trolls such as yourself from ruining any chance of a proper discussion on this thread.
Ah yes, the idea of a thread as a thing-in-itself. Both you and Donners (assuming his position is as stated) have the option of not replying to posts that you think to be transgressions against an anal tidiness fetish. Thanks for derailing your own thread with your opening post, BTW.

This is nothing new, however the amount of Australian Muslims currently fighting over there is steadily increasing. It's now estimated that over 300 young Muslim men from Australia are joining in on the battles, a figure that is worrying anti-terrorism authorities in Australia. The reason it's such a concern is because when these zealots come back to Australia, they return hardened and with terrorism skills that they didn't possess before.

It's unfortunate that the community of western Sydney will always need to be on high alert of anything suspicious, but that's what happens when you allow enclaves to exist in society.

http://www.news.com.au/world/disill...t-in-middle-east/story-fndir2ev-1226957126037

Any so called Australian citizen that goes to fight in the middle east should never be allowed back into this country. Time to make a law that prevents it. If authorities find out someone has gone to fight then their allegiance to Australia is compromised forever. Tell your local fed that.

Ah yes, the idea of a thread as a thing-in-itself. Both you and Donners (assuming his position is as stated) have the option of not replying to posts that you think to be transgressions against an anal tidiness fetish. Thanks for derailing your own thread with your opening post, BTW.

what exactly is that in the blackcat vernacular? Is bleaching de rigueur these days?

At the risk of straying onto topic, I would have thought it a good idea to have such people do their killing in a country other than Australia, if they're of a mind to do this.

Any so called Australian citizen that goes to fight in the middle east should never be allowed back into this country. Time to make a law that prevents it. If authorities find out someone has gone to fight then their allegiance to Australia is compromised forever. Tell your local fed that.
That's it. These people are Australian citizens, yet identify themselves as Muslims before Australians and there lies the problem. They would never fight for Australia, but are willing to fight for Islam. It's deeply concerning how many dangerous brainwashed youth there are out on the streets, especially in western Sydney.

At the risk of straying onto topic, I would have thought it a good idea to have such people do their killing in a country other than Australia, if they're of a mind to do this.
I think we all would, but it's what these people have experienced in civil war and the ever lasting effects on them as a result that should concern communities when they return, mostly in western Sydney.

I think we all would, but it's what these people have experienced in civil war and the ever lasting effects on them as a result that should concern communities when they return, mostly in western Sydney.
If you get your wish, they won't be returning. Are you equally concerned about those of Australia's Armed Forces who return from adventures in which they kill people they've never met, who have done nothing to them, in countries which have done us no wrong? The effects of such activities have far more deleterious influence on the general psychological health of our population than a handful of similar adventurers who go away off their own bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back