Australian Open - Day 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Andy has had the best tournament out of all the players so far and I would out him as the favourite whoever he plays.
However. Stans average ground stroke speed is 8km/h faster than what berdych was hitting against Andy. Andys ground stroke speed is 1km/ hr less than what Novaks hitting tonight and Andy was playing aggressive. But Novak is a lot more consistent than berdych and can change the shape of his groundies. He is also a tonne better at moving laterally and changing direction. Andy did so well because he could get Tomas out of position and off balance. He cannot do that against Novak.

Like I said. There is No chance either Stan or Novak wouldn't win a set against Andy. No chance.
Some good points and I probably got a bit carried away with the fatalist, "Wouldn't win a set," wording. I do still think though that playing the way these two are, they'd struggle to make much of an impact on Murray's game. I get what you're saying with the power differences but I'm more looking at the way each are playing. Novak looks timid and almost resigned to the fact that his offensive game isn't good enough, while Stan's good work is being undone with shoddy decisions and poor errors. Come out in defensive mode against Murray and you're in trouble; come out and undo your good work with errors against Murray and you're in trouble.

I'm certainly not writing either off - Djokovic's form up until tonight has been sublime and I'd still favour him over Murray on a good day for both - just an observation on the way this game is being played.

I'm certainly not writing either off - Djokovic's form up until tonight has been sublime and I'd still favour him over Murray on a good day for both - just an observation on the way this game is being played.
I agree with you that Andy is the favourite for the title. I mentioned it in my post as well, he has had the best form this tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stan!!!!!!!
21oocr8_th.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back