Australia's World T20 Squad (March 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agar over Boyce? Man, if I was Cam I would be burning down CA headquarters right about now.

The rest of the selections, I can kind of understand. Not necessarily agree with, but the logic makes sense. Don't get that one though.

Agar over Boyce? Man, if I was Cam I would be burning down CA headquarters right about now.

The rest of the selections, I can kind of understand. Not necessarily agree with, but the logic makes sense. Don't get that one though.
It is quite clearly Zampa over Boyce. Agar has been chosen more for his all-round capabilities.

Well that seems a little unnecessary, given the side is already overflowing with allrounders.
Its interesting that the two best T20 sides in the World (India and West Indies) have completely different team set ups
India really only play 4 bowling options and then an all rounder. They like to stack the side with pure bats
West Indies on the other hand produce a lot of all rounders. They will more than likely have Pollard, Russell, Bravo, Holder and Gayle all in the one side

Some look at it from a batt/all/bowler perspective.

The blokes who have been picked as Allrounders all have something in common - obscene hand speed.

Something major league baseball clubs draft on.

Must admit Wade hasn't looked to international standard since the new year so his dropping was the right call.

But Neville ahead of Paine baffles me.

Neville, I think one of the best Test keepers in the world, but Paine's form during the big bash had me puttting him in ahead of Neville.

Interesting reading the paper today it seems Mark Waugh has the sole selection duty for the tournament and he will choose between Finch and Khawaja for the opening spot. Apparently Warner is safe and Watson will feature so the only choice is between the no2 batsman in the world and Khawaja.

Not sure how Warner is safe yet the bloke who averages over 40 @ 150 s/r and is ranked no2 in the world has to fight for his spot???
This is the side I would pick for the first game:
Aaron Finch
Shane Watson
Usman Khawaja
David Warner
Steve Smith
Glenn Maxwell
James Faulkner
John Hastings
Peter Neville
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Adam Zampa

Must admit Wade hasn't looked to international standard since the new year so his dropping was the right call.

But Neville ahead of Paine baffles me.

Neville, I think one of the best Test keepers in the world, but Paine's form during the big bash had me puttting him in ahead of Neville.

if nev was picked because he's the best gloveman in the land, then pick him for all formats. selectors have a list of reasons and pick and choose whenever it suits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the side I would pick for the first game:
Aaron Finch
Shane Watson
Usman Khawaja
David Warner
Steve Smith
Glenn Maxwell
James Faulkner
John Hastings
Peter Neville
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Adam Zampa

I like this side, though I think Mitch Marsh has been batting AND bowling better than Faulkner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back