Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Chris Banwell is about 25 not 18. Edwards was allowed to run unchecked for most of the game, does Hynes not know who he is? Terrible coaching.

For years Edwards has taken punishment from opposition players trying to stop him. He expects it and has very rarely shown anything other than a completely professional approach to what he does every week (hence 4 Hendersons).
Bamwell, a very good player, must have got under his guard somehow (as he should be trying to do) that is to put the best player in the league off his game.
Bamwell might have been better off just getting a 50m penalty (which might have given them a goal) rather than have Edwards sent off for 15 minutes which only served to recharge his batteries for the last quarter. East failed to capitalise on the 15 minutes Redan had 17 men on.

as a non supporter, Darley, Lakers, Ballarat, and Sunba would have put up a more competitive effort that what we seen today....pathetic merging dogs..suck ass and beat it
East was competitive for three quarters. After 7 goals to zip in the first quarter it was 6 goals each for the rest of the day.
East's best player IMHO was number 24 Jennings in the backline.

For those out of the area, this is from The Courier website this morning.

BALLARAT FOOTBALL LEAGUE

GRAND FINALS at Eastern Oval

FOOTBALL
SENIORS
Redan has captured the BFL senior football premiership with an emphatic 43-point win against East Point this afternoon. The win caps off an impressive season for first-year coach Brendan Peace, with the Lions also claiming the minor premiership at the end of the home and away season.

Redan 13.13 (91) d East Point 6.12 (48)
VCFL award: Matthew Hyden (Redan)
Best on ground: Jarrod Edwards.

Third quarter: Redan has held East Point at arm's length with three goals apiece in the third term. Redan star on-baller Jarrod Edwards was yellow-carded three minutes into play for striking Roos' midfielder Chris Banwell.

East Point 4.10 (34) v Redan 10.8 (68)

Second quarter: East Point captain Dan Jordan has put the Kangaroos' first goal on the board, booting the sole goal of the quarter.

East Point 1.5 (11) v Redan 7.8 (50)

First quarter: Redan has put one hand on the premiership cup with a dominant opening. The Lions piled on seven unanswered goals, keeping East Point to three points. Lion Damien Horbury has booted four goals.

East Point 0.3 (3) v Redan 7.6 (48)

RESERVES
A late East Point goal broke a tight tussle with a valiant Darley outfit.

East Point 11.9 (75) d Darley 11.5 (71)
Best on ground: Joel Dodd (East Point)

UNDER-18.5
East Point was forced to fight hard to secure its fourth consecutive BFL under-18.5 premiership. Lucky rushed behinds in the dying moments of the match allowed the Kangaroos to snatch a one-point victory from Ballarat.

East Point 10.9 (69) d Ballarat 10.8 (68)
Best on ground: Marshall Rippon (East Point) VCFL award: Daniel Tung (East Point)

Today's Grand Final could possibly have been the worst grand final in recent memories, East Point were insipid and Redan gave them the flogging they deserved.

First things first.. The inept coaching performance of East Points coach needs to be addressed at a higher level at East Point..

The biggest crowd in the Ballarat FL season, 209 people saw Redan's Jarrod Edwards collect 50 possessions and have 22 clearances (including a stint on the sideline for 15 mins to repair damage to his left knuckle after falling victim to a vicious head butt)..... And I stopped paying attention at half time.. This guy is a 4 time Henderson Medal winner, I would have suspected that his 15 possessions, 7 clearances and 3 goal assists in the first 12 minutes of Redan's dominating 7 goal opening term would have earned him a little respect, say, an East Point midfielder attempting to even get within 20 metres would have been nice. I think maybe, the coach down at East, was watching the same group of drunk netballers after half time that I was... His quarter time address to shut down the Redan coach in Peace who had accumulated 1 kick, 1 handball and a glorious eyeful of the Jarrod Edwards show (Dr Stoppage to the uneducated) was inspiring, possibly to the drunk Under 18's from East who I am not sure even knew were still there.
The celebrations would be glorious at East this evening, as it should be.. The 18s and twos had wonderful victories, but the insipid down hill skiing we saw in the seniors was an embarrassment to the club... Well done to Redan, or the congratulations should go to "DOCTOR STOPPAGE" Jarrod Edwards, because the "Doctor" was well and truly operating today, to all those that have bad mouthed his 4 in a row on here in recent days, I would suspect that after today's performance, the BFL should just give him the next two as well...

Today I officially became the number one fan of "DOCTOR STOPPAGE".
Agree mate.
I said the game would be won in the midfield and it was i doubt Easts midfield combined would have had the ball as often as Edwards.
Then throw in Pitt (who was my choice for the medal) Peace and the like East were smashed. It goes to show a champion team will beat a team of champions every day of the week. And you need a quality midfield to win big games.

Is there anything worse is sport than a side that continues to choke when it is time to step up? The merging dogs have done it again - 7 goals to zip is an out and out sh!tting of the pants when it counted most.

Who else can they merge with to help get them over the line? Maybe Lakers as Sebas are pus and would not have 1 player that could help them.

Edwards is a great player at this level - but the facts are he was terrible in the VFL. Some country footballers can step out to another level and be good players and some cannot - Edwards is in the cannot basket.

Is there anything worse is sport than a side that continues to choke when it is time to step up? The merging dogs have done it again - 7 goals to zip is an out and out sh!tting of the pants when it counted most.

Who else can they merge with to help get them over the line? Maybe Lakers as Sebas are pus and would not have 1 player that could help them.

Edwards is a great player at this level - but the facts are he was terrible in the VFL. Some country footballers can step out to another level and be good players and some cannot - Edwards is in the cannot basket.
You have officially stepped into w____r territory. The guy has won his league B&F 4 times dominated the most recent GF and delivered another flag to his club, played some reasonable (nothing spectacular) VFL footy all with a short stout body and no pace and yet you still bag him. Obviously he is shagging the girl you fancy because by anyones reckoning that is a pretty decent return.

Was great watching the overweight Oracle handing out the medals to the East under 18's after his beloved Ballarat choked and gave the game up. I loved watching the fat, fat man getting drenched in the rain and fighting off the tears while the Chieftont and Darley rat stood under the cover of the stand cheering the fat boy on. Its a wonder how bad vests make fat people wear..

You have officially stepped into w____r territory. The guy has won his league B&F 4 times dominated the most recent GF and delivered another flag to his club, played some reasonable (nothing spectacular) VFL footy all with a short stout body and no pace and yet you still bag him. Obviously he is shagging the girl you fancy because by anyones reckoning that is a pretty decent return.

Said he is a very good player at this level - but BaFL is his level. Reasonable in the VFL? Now who is the w_____r?? - HE WON THE 2'S B&F. So to help you out he struggled big time in the ones and played a lot of football in the 2's - enough to win the b&f. Don't sugar coat the fact he could not cut it at VFL level. Good at BalFL level - crap at VFL level.

Said he is a very good player at this level - but BaFL is his level. Reasonable in the VFL? Now who is the w_____r?? - HE WON THE 2'S B&F. So to help you out he struggled big time in the ones and played a lot of football in the 2's - enough to win the b&f. Don't sugar coat the fact he could not cut it at VFL level. Good at BalFL level - crap at VFL level.

Who cares about Edwards' VFL form (or lack of it?)
Last time I looked he had been playing BFL for years, continuing to whip all comers _ as he will do again next year.
No-one at Redan seems to have noticed he was a "crap" VFL player. Guess he will have to console himself with three premierships and four Hendos and numerous other awards and honours. He is fast becoming the most decorated country footballer in many years. Hope we pick up a couple more "crap" players just like him next year. Watch this space.

He also shat in the club b&f yesterday, as expected. I thought Pitt was B.O.G on Saturday, he dominated all day in the middle and floating back he cut off numerous attacks from the admittedly feeble east point

He also shat in the club b&f yesterday, as expected. I thought Pitt was B.O.G on Saturday, he dominated all day in the middle and floating back he cut off numerous attacks from the admittedly feeble east point

I agree. Edwards even said so himself in his speech at the count yesterday. But, for those who may have forgotten, this is what it is all about in the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6s8HhfDrkI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Chris Banwell is about 25 not 18. Edwards was allowed to run unchecked for most of the game, does Hynes not know who he is? Terrible coaching.

If Edwards punched Chris Banwell in the face he should've got the medal.
That pissant has a very punchable face.

Last time I looked he had been playing BFL for years, continuing to whip all comers _ as he will do again next year.
No-one at Redan seems to have noticed he was a "crap" VFL player. Guess he will have to console himself with three premierships and four Hendos and numerous other awards and honours. He is fast becoming the most decorated country footballer in many years. Hope we pick up a couple more "crap" players just like him next year. Watch this space.

The question was asked why he does not play at a higher level. The answer is that he is not up to it. If the question was not asked I would not have answered it. You may not care that he was not good enough but the question was asked by someone wanting to know. They now know so lets move on.

The question was asked why he does not play at a higher level. The answer is that he is not up to it. If the question was not asked I would not have answered it. You may not care that he was not good enough but the question was asked by someone wanting to know. They now know so lets move on.

Yes. And as much as it hurts to agree with a flogger like kings army he is right. Edwards was an ordinary vfl player - he would be first to admit it - but is a great bfl player, the best, and deserves every accolade he gets. No shame in that.

Today's Grand Final could possibly have been the worst grand final in recent memories, East Point were insipid and Redan gave them the flogging they deserved.

Not an unfair comment. At quarter time long repressed memories of 2001 came flooding back. Redan were awesome in the first quarter but after that the game never reached any great heights.

Edwards was listed as best on ground and Matt Hyden won the VCFL award for an outstanding job in defence.

Agree Matt Hyden was superb on Saturday :thumbsu:

East was competitive for three quarters. After 7 goals to zip in the first quarter it was 6 goals each for the rest of the day.
East's best player IMHO was number 24 Jennings in the backline.

I would say East were competitive for two quarters tops and to be honest I think Redan took their foot off the accelerator in the middle two quarters as well.

East No. 24. That would be Adam Jennings and yes he was outstanding. Jennings can certainly hold his head high from his efforts. IMO not only was he clearly East's best but wasn't far from BOG

Finally congratulations Redan on a well deserved premiership. I've been around to remember your lowest ebbs of the late 90's to not only bounce back but to win five premierships and be one of the best clubs in Victoria this decade is an incredible achievement.

Absolute respect and admiration from my little corner :thumbsu:

Not an unfair comment. At quarter time long repressed memories of 2001 came flooding back. Redan were awesome in the first quarter but after that the game never reached any great heights.

Agree Matt Hyden was superb on Saturday :thumbsu:

I would say East were competitive for two quarters tops and to be honest I think Redan took their foot off the accelerator in the middle two quarters as well.

East No. 24. That would be Adam Jennings and yes he was outstanding. Jennings can certainly hold his head high from his efforts. IMO not only was he clearly East's best but wasn't far from BOG

Finally congratulations Redan on a well deserved premiership. I've been around to remember your lowest ebbs of the late 90's to not only bounce back but to win five premierships and be one of the best clubs in Victoria this decade is an incredible achievement.

Absolute respect and admiration from my little corner :thumbsu:

I think Jennings was easily the stand out player on the ground, for either team. Edwards didnt deserve the medal, and the league is a disgrace for the BFL selecting him after being sent off.

Would also like to know why Edwards gets special treatment and only a yellow card, seen plenty of people red carded in the past for less than what Edwards did, the Henderson was also a disgrace, Ben Taylor shave his head bald and wouldve won by 20 votes, umpires need to pull their heads in.

Redan vs Sunbury
Edwards was tagged by a reserves player in his first senior game and didnt get a kick. Didnt beat all comers. Didnt beat Banwell either, took 5mins for him to sook and punch Banwell and get himself benched, Hynes was just too stupid to put Banwell back on him when he came back on.

I think Jennings was easily the stand out player on the ground, for either team. Edwards didnt deserve the medal, and the league is a disgrace for the BFL selecting him after being sent off.

Would also like to know why Edwards gets special treatment and only a yellow card, seen plenty of people red carded in the past for less than what Edwards did, the Henderson was also a disgrace, Ben Taylor shave his head bald and wouldve won by 20 votes, umpires need to pull their heads in.

Jennings was fantastic. The reason why it was 7 goals no 12 or 13. If you think that what he did was red-cardable, you are kidding yourself, he hardly touched him. You're right though that he didn't deserve the medal. Pitt was the best, wouldve had 50 touches. The umpires do love Jez a bit much, but he can't control that he just plays footy.

Jennings was fantastic. The reason why it was 7 goals no 12 or 13. If you think that what he did was red-cardable, you are kidding yourself, he hardly touched him. You're right though that he didn't deserve the medal. Pitt was the best, wouldve had 50 touches. The umpires do love Jez a bit much, but he can't control that he just plays footy.

Spot on

:cool:

Think you'll find Jezza made VFL team of the year one year. Quite an effort I would of thought for a person who was terrible at that level[/quote]

2's b&f - post the team of the year.

I watched the Brownlow the other night - Ablett won his first and the entire room stood and clapped. How many people stood at the henderson? How many people clapped? Next year Redan should may be hire a crowd to make him feel like a deservered winner.

Think you'll find Jezza made VFL team of the year one year. Quite an effort I would of thought for a person who was terrible at that level

2's b&f - post the team of the year.

I watched the Brownlow the other night - Ablett won his first and the entire room stood and clapped. How many people stood at the henderson? How many people clapped? Next year Redan should may be hire a crowd to make him feel like a deservered winner.[/quote]

He did make a VFL team of year. Played as a 17 year old in 1997 and won 2's B and F. Was not allowed to play seniors that year (some rule) and didn't want to play Rebels as he didn't get on with Coach. Won the year after as 18 year old and then played senior footy after that before he was offered a car for 2 year contract at Ballarat. Pulled out of this after one year (who can blame him) and went back to North until going to Redan in 2006. At a guess played over 80 senior games at North. Wouldn't say terrible or crap rather fairly solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back