Remove this Banner Ad

Selections
Selection Order;
Pick 1 - Hawthorn - Harley Reid
Pick 2 - West Coast Eagles - Colby McKercher
Pick 3 - North Melbourne - Nick Watson
Pick 4 - GWS - Zane Duursma
Pick 5 - Sydney - Daniel Curtin
Pick 6 - Gold Coast - Jed Walter (matched bid, using Pick 8)
Pick 7 - GWS (From Richmond) - Mitchell Edwards
Pick 8 Melbourne (From Fremantle) - Archer Reid
Pick 9 - Essendon - Jordan Croft (bid not matched)
Pick 10 - Carlton - Koltyn Tholstrup
Pick 11 - Adelaide - Darcy Wilson
Pick 12 - Geelong - Nate Caddy
Pick 13 - Western Bulldogs - Joel Freijah
Pick 14 - St Kilda - Ashton Moir
Pick 15 - North Melbourne (From Port Adelaide) - Connor O'Sullivan
Pick 16 - Gold Goast - Jake Rogers (bid matched, pick 27 and others used to match)
Pick 17 - Western Bulldogs (From Brisbane) - Logan Evans
Pick 18 - Hawthorn - Will McCabe (Matched bid)
Pick 19 - Melbourne - Jack Delean
Pick 20 - Gold Coast - Ethan Read (Matched bid)
Pick 21 - Collingwood - Ryley Sanders

Round 2

Pick 22 - Sydney (From Hawthorn) - Kane McAuliffe
Pick 23 - West Coast Eagles - Coen Livingston
Pick 24 - Adelaide (From North Melbourne) - Harry Demattia
Pick 25 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne PP) - Riley Hardeman
Pick 26 - Adelaide (From GWS) - Will Patton
Pick 27 - Sydney - Ollie Murphy
Pick 28 - Richmond - Nathan Philactides
Pick 29 - Melbourne (From Fremantle) - Cooper Simpson
Pick 30 - Essendon - Sam Frangalas
Pick 31 - Collingwood (From Carlton) - Luamon Lual
Pick 32 - Brisbane (From Geelong) - Sam Van Rooyen
Pick 33 - St Kilda - Will Lorenz
Pick 34 - West Coast (From Port Adelaide) - Will Brown
Pick 35 - Western Bulldogs (From Brisbane) - Jake Smith
Pick 36 - Melbourne - Josh Docking
Pick 37 - Port Adelaide (From Collingwood) - Taylor Goad

Round 3

Pick 38 - Sydney (From Hawthorn) - Jack Calinan
Pick 39 - West Coast - Clay Hall
Pick 40 - North Melbourne - Logan Morris
Pick 41 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne PP) - Tom Anasastopoulos
Pick 42 - GWS - Harvey Johnston
Pick 43 - Sydney - Archie Roberts
Pick 44 - Richmond - Mahoud Taha (bid not matched)
Pick 45 - Port Adelaide (From Fremantle) - George Stevens
Pick 46 - Essendon - Charlton Harrop
Pick 47 - Fremantle (From Carlton) - Koen Sanchez
Pick 48 - Brisbane (From Geelong) - Angus Hastie
Pick 49 - Hawthorn (From Western Bulldogs) - Billy Wilson
Pick 50 - St Kilda - Xavier Walsh
Pick 51 - West Coast (From Port Adelaide) - Arie Schoenmaker
Pick 52 - Brisbane - Liam Fawcett
Pick 53 - North Melbourne (From Melbourne) - Lance Collard

Round 4

Pick 54 - North Melbourne (From Hawthorn) - Riley Weatherill
Pick 55 - West Coast - Joe Pike
Pick 56 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne) - Charlie Naish (bid not matched)
Pick 57 - GWS - Wil Dawson
Pick 58 - Melbourne - Riak Andrew (matched bid)
Essendon (From Sydney) - Passed
Pick 59 - Richmond - Luker Kentfield
Pick 60 - Brisbane (From Fremantle) - Ryan Maric
Pick 61 - Carlton (From Essendon) - Chad Reschke
Pick 62 - Carlton - Kade De La Rue
Pick 63 - Western Bulldogs (From Geelong) - Coby James
Pick 64 - Western Bulldogs - Tom Beaumont
Pick 65 - Port Adelaide - Bailey Harbour
Pick 66 - GWS (From Brisbane) - Lachlan Charlson
Pick 67 - Western Bulldogs (From Melbourne) - Clay Tucker
Pick 68 - Collingwood - Oscar Ryan

Last edited:
Pick 53 - North Melbourne - Lance Collard - Subiaco - 185cm & 68kg

If you are looking for X-factor Collard has it in spades. He has speed, agility and a whole bag of tricks when playing close to goal.

He is capable of rolling through the midfield, playing on a wing or playing a crumbing small forward. He is a nice kick of the footy and has really good vision that allows him to create scoring opportunities when kicking the ball inside 50.

Around goals, he can kick them from anywhere. Snaps, set shots and goals on the run all come very natural. He creates separation with good agility and a quick first few steps. While many opportunistic forwards tend to play a bit of a selfish game, Collard often brings his teammates into it with unselfish play.

While I really like him as a small forward, I project he has scope to play as a really damaging wingman due to his ability to run and carry and distribute inside 50. North are short on both creative wingers and goal kicking threats so Collard fits the bill for both. He’ll be a bit of a project players, but there is more than enough talent to work with.

Think west coast might match that as I think he’s a Eagles academy pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We match the bid

Pick 18 - Hawthorn FS - Will McCabe - Central Dist - 197cm 81kg

son of Luke McCabe a small Def in the late 90s early 2000s, Will is a lot taller than his dad, playing mostly as a quick tall Def who shows courage in the marking contest, is clocking up big numbers in the SANFL u18s and played well recently against NSW u18s side, im looking forward to seeing what he can do at the champs, a very exciting father son player for the Hawks, I first noticed him at the u16s champs last year and I believe he made All Australian as an overeager in the u16s.

He has gone from 75kg to 81kg so is building up his strength(still skinny af tbh), he is still very raw at this stage, has had stints up forward with mixed results, but his best seems to be as a defender flying into packs or dashing away as a surprisingly quick big man.

He was really good against the 20s too in a team that had a lot to do defensively. He looks like a winner in a year that might be a bit problematic for Hawthorn, good news hawks fans.

If Moir is there at the crows pick, they'd be moving continental plates to pair him with Rankine and Rachele. Zero risk and despite his ability to be lazy, his skillset off both sides is better than anyone else in this draft and that is a weapon for a side on the up.

And an SA boy, zero flight risk. That forward line gives me nightmares already, (especially after Mother’s Day), add Moir in there and lord help anyone coming to Adelaide.

Pick 35 - Western Bulldogs

Jake Smith
185cm, 79kg
Midfielder

Primarily an inside mid at this stage, Jake is a very clean and composed player inside the contest with a good physical presence. He's building pretty well into this season increasing his disposal numbers and getting more outside ball which is good to see. He's also been very good defensively averaging 7 tackles a game. In terms of foot skills, he has a nice penetrating left foot which can really break the play open and it's nice to see him use it a bit more often as he can handball a lot. Some of the knocks I have is I'm not sure what other position he can play. Lacks a bit of goal sense, so probably not a forward and probably needs to improve his aerial game to be a backman.

With the loss of Dunkley and our other mids getting older, the dogs really do need to find replacements to develop into the future. This is probably a bit high for Smith, but we do have a need for defensive mids and I thought he was the best one available.

eDPS[/USER}
[/QUOTE]
I've been watching Smith quite inventively since his 'NAB league player of the week: Round 15' last season and I feel as if your interpretations of his games downsides are fairly wrong.

You mention he handballs a lot, yet he sits at a relatively above average kick to handball ratio of 1.14. From closely look at his game to being an ignorant supporter, I think we can all clearly see that his team is nothing less than dreadful with there being only 3-4 draftable players (optimistically speaking), leaving him little to no forward options to display his immaculate kicking skills. Also, his game style doesn't revolve around kicking. He instead uses his physicality and high tackle pressure to get his hands on the ball elitely quick and handball it out of the cluster.

You also stated that he lacks goal sense which is understandable through the eyes of casual watcher. Whilst seemingly unknown in the Victorian School football scene, I've gratefully been able to watch him play 2 school matches in which he predominantly play Full forward, Kicking 5.2 and 6.0 respectively (no other stats available). It was also interesting to see his supreme marking talent which isn't put on display at western jets due to his specific defensive midfield role, taking an uncountable amount of contested grabs on taller opponents. furthermore, don't forget that he played in the 'Vic Metro' vs 'Young Guns' trial match kicking a solid 2 goals despite not getting selected.

In my opinion, Jake smith should be one to keep an eye for the rest of the season as he evidently continues to improve week by week. Whilst it might seem like a wild statement, I can see him potentially getting picked up mid first round (15-20) as he'd be completely fueled to prove all his doubters wrong.

Honestly fair enough. I've realised I do have to choose my words a bit more carefully. And I don't get time to watch school footy or follow it, so appreciate the 2nd opinion and info.

The handball comment was wrong in the way I said it. He's had games with high handball numbers that I've been at and I've come away thinking I'd like to see him kicking it rather then some of his teammates! But what I was trying to get at more or less was, he has a nice penetrating boot and it would be nice to see him released so he can use it a bit more.

As for his goal sense and marking, it's just a pity he hasn't shown much of it at Coates league level apart from a couple strong intercept marks I've witnessed. It's good to hear he's hitting the scoreboard at school level footy.

Honestly fair enough. I've realised I do have to choose my words a bit more carefully. And I don't get time to watch school footy or follow it, so appreciate the 2nd opinion and info.

The handball comment was wrong in the way I said it. He's had games with high handball numbers that I've been at and I've come away thinking I'd like to see him kicking it rather then some of his teammates! But what I was trying to get at more or less was, he has a nice penetrating boot and it would be nice to see him released so he can use it a bit more.

As for his goal sense and marking, it's just a pity he hasn't shown much of it at Coates league level apart from a couple strong intercept marks I've witnessed. It's good to hear he's hitting the scoreboard at school level footy.
Don't apologise, your comments were accurate, of people don't like it they can head to Bunnings for an $8 bag of cement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back