580AdelaidePASS
581St KildaJosh Docking
582MelbournePASS
583St KildaWill Rowlands
684Port AdelaideNathan Philactides
785Port AdelaideWill Lorenz

Last edited:

Wow that is wishful thinking, but I get it I am very late
Yeah to be honest I didn't expect it to get up. blueiris was the North list manager this year, I offered what I had, he took it, might be worth asking him. However, I will say had the shoe been on the other foot, I would've taken Duursma and Curtin

In reality, GWS has said they will just take the 3 picks in the ND; I would expect they'll just keep this late pick open in case there's a need to match a very late bid on Harvey Thomas (our academy lad).

However, for this Phantom Draft, I'm going to take a player. Would we really take one of the two I've mulled over in the ND? No, I don't think so. We might look to make a rookie selection.

The two players I've considered are Billy Wilson and Geordie Payne. Neither really fills a need - Wilson is more outside, although the hope is he could develop an inside game; Payne is a medium defender and we're relatively well stocked for them. The only rationale for me is that Adam Kennedy is a possibility to retire at the end of this season, and Geordie Payne strikes me as being built in a similar mould. Able to intercept and rebound, but the hope would be that he could develop into a lock-down defender, which is a role we're less well stocked in.

So, with pick #70, GWS select: Geordie Payne (TAS)

STRENGTHS:

• Competitiveness
  • Intercept marking
  • Run-and-carry
  • Speed

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Decision making
  • Disposal consistency

Geordie Payne was perhaps unlucky to have missed out on Allies selection having returned some strong performances prior to the National Championships, though he made every post a winner once more highly touted teammates stepped up to representative level. Recruiters took notice as the Tasmanian managed to maintain such output and when the Devils returned to full strength, with his gutsy intercept marking making an impression. Payne is also switched on in the attacking phase, often taking the game on with speed.

He's the type of player who sets off as soon as he wins the ball, and while he still needs to improve on slowing the game down when the time calls for it, provides plenty of offensive flair with this rebounding prowess. This ‘run at all cost’ mentality has occasionally gotten him into trouble, with his ball use suffering as a result, where he can be prone to putting teammates under pressure with rushed disposals. Payne took out Tasmania's best and fairest this year among a relatively stacked field and is said to have attracted interest from the likes of Adelaide, but is otherwise a chance late in the National Draft.

Coona Blues you're up next with Carlton.

GWS will PASS for pick #72 and any remaining picks.

Offical deal: Saints trade R3 2024 Melbourne and R3 2024 Carlton to Collingwood for picks 73, 84 and R3 2024 Hawthorn

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMG_1346.JPG

There were others considered, but my plan here is to bring in some midfielders that can complement Pou and Owens, with the understanding that if this was a real draft some of them won't make it, or would be taken as rookies but I've got the list spots spare, I think. There is A grade potential here.

Pick 73: St Kilda select Will Brown, (Sandringham Dragons) (Vic Metro)

At this stage of the draft, I tend to focus on mentality and this kid has a great head on his shoulders. He's a local boy as well, which is added points. A natural leader and the Dragons Premiership captain, Brown's ability to move through traffic was something that attracted me to his playing style, and he moves the ball well with his hand, but at times his ball use by foot can be lacking. He is also a strong aerial threat and has some natural forward craft. As a said from the top, A grade potential.

bone2468 its your pick

Also Haggas I noticed you were after another pick, yet Port are not listed, considering Port only took one selection to the draft, I've given you an additional two after the final selection of the draft, does that work or would rather only the one? I am not giving you any more then two, if you want more players, just list them at the final pick as 'rookie selections'

bone2468 its your pick

Also Haggas I noticed you were after another pick, yet Port are not listed, considering Port only took one selection to the draft, I've given you an additional two after the final selection of the draft, does that work or would rather only the one? I am not giving you any more then two, if you want more players, just list them at the final pick as 'rookie selections'
Fremantle pass

Anyone that hasn't passed and has less then three selections that wants to pick again, let me know and I'll add you in.

That applies to Pie 4 Life as he has only taken two selections, if he wants to pick again, that pick would go at the start of R8 after Port's third selection

I'll work out the rules for next year around this, but I was thinking at the start of the draft until the end of the first round, those that don't have three selections can requests selections at the end of the draft, these would be added in ladder order as the 6th and, (if needed) 7th round.

After the end of the 4th round until the last pick is taken, those that didn't end up using three selections may apply to have selections added to the end of the draft, as round 8 and (if needed) Round 9 selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bone2468 its your pick
Yeah I think we might take 2 but probably 1. But I’m the manager now haha.

Pick 85: Nathan Philactides
Pick 86: Will Lorenz

Anyone keen to do a 2024 phantom draft 2 rounds?

I was gonna ask because we've done some future trading, do people want to do a mini draft in March/April, (before the champs) for 2024 based on this years ladder with the trades we put through?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back