Injury Billy Hartung - no longer sidelined(12/07/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

we never hear anything in Sydney except about shitney and GWS

ha anyone any news on our newbie superstar in the making
Funny you should say that as that's all we hear about down here in Melbourne too...

Just watched the replay, shocking injury.
I actually gasped watching it, it looked awful.
Unless he has very flexible joints that may be it for him this year.
Very upsetting as he has looked so promising this year, the other one I had high hopes for this year is Anderson, lets hope Billy has better luck and its not as bad as it looked.

Such a painful injury, but very brave, Billy!
I think Billy just got his Hawthorn stripes.

I'd be very surprised if that doesn't go close to winning the most courageous act for 2014.

Would rather the bone broken rather than the ligaments and tendons tearing all that bend with the bone intact. Bones heal quickly and well. Ligaments don't forgive.

At least he can still run and thus keep his tank impressive whilst he's out.

Ow! Freaking! OW!
Just saw it.. that looked way painful for the kid.
Here's hoping he pulls up quickly from it.
But what ticker to continue with the tackle!

Yeah, Im glad he's ready to go, and got the balls of a bull, BUT, always in the back of my head are Xavier Ellis and even Josh Thurgood. Same balls (well maybe less!) but rag dolled and their potential cruelled before their time. Hate to see this kid sitting on the sidelines getting his body right (like Clinton Young?!?) instead of employing his whippet like features.

We saw Hilly not go hard last year, and we saw how that ended up. He's on the paddock to run, not get smashed. Come Sept, as we saw with Hilly - its a different story.

I for one feel the blame for this injury sits squarely on Andrew Russell's head.

Also, Billy should have been rested for this game: he wouldn't have been injured.

I'm sure I saw a Procrastinator post saying this ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looked terrible in the slo mo replay :eek: I suspect substantial ligament damage, needless to say we will hear more after he has had all the usual scans etc. Didn't Jarryn Geary (Saints) have to have surgery for a similar injury he sustained in the match against us? I am preparing for the worst :(

I hope he is OK, still young with a huge future in front of him. Go Billy. Next year is your year I think

Another soldier down.:(
Hope he gets another run when he is fit again although we will be close to a full squad by then and there may be no room.

Another soldier down.:(
Hope he gets another run when he is fit again although we will be close to a full squad by then and there may be no room.
I think he will come back through VFL in any case yeah but hope he gets another gig as sub. If not its been a good taste of the real thing hopefully he is bigger and better next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back