Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us the morning goss!

Nothing really more to add mate. Heaps of rumors and stuff but outside of whats already been said, nothing new. I have never heard of Garland for example, thats a new one lol.

I will say, Motlop has yet to re sign. If cats blink and offer him 4 years plus he is theirs but he wont re sign on 3 but thats old news.

Nothing really more to add mate. Heaps of rumors and stuff but outside of whats already been said, nothing new. I have never heard of Garland for example, thats a new one lol.

I will say, Motlop has yet to re sign. If cats blink and offer him 4 years plus he is theirs but he wont re sign on 3 but thats old news.
What are the chances of them blinking? Surely with his form this year and players they've lost they'd lock him up for 4 at least?

Or Grimes....

Weren't GWS keen on Grimes a couple years back?
It worries me that Grimes is not yet signed for next year.

I think he is a very important piece of the puzzle for us in the backline so would be loathed to lose him, but I wonder if he is part of the discussion with GWS re Treloar or another club for another quality player?

It would want to be a quality in for us to give up Grimes.

Grimes + our first this year + second next year >>>>>> Treloar

Sign Garland as third tall defender

Our second + steak knives >>>>> Yarran

Richmond lose: Grimes, 2015 first pick, 2015 second pick, 2016 second pick, steak knives player
Richmond gain: Treloar, Yarran, Garland

What are the chances of them blinking? Surely with his form this year and players they've lost they'd lock him up for 4 at least?

You would think so, considering he wants to stay but the pessimist in me thinks he said what he said to allow him a nice way to leave...ie I wanted to stay but they would not offer me 4 years, puts good pressure on the cats.

I think he is gone but who knows, this year is unique , i have never heard so many trade s**t, so early. I predict a stack of player movement this year.

Surely Grimes isnt in the mix to be traded? Understand you have to give something to get something, but he has been massive for us this year....

Grimes wont be traded , either would Mcbean. i would be shocked if either of those two are offered from what I hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond lose: Grimes, 2015 first pick, 2015 second pick, 2016 second pick, steak knives player

Too much for Treloar IMO. Grimes and our 1st would nearly do it. Throwing in our second next year I'd want another player or pick in return.

Too much for Treloar IMO. Grimes and our 1st would nearly do it. Throwing in our second next year I'd want another player or pick in return.

Yeah possibly, if it meant we got him over collingwood by throwing in the extra pick i would do it in a heartbeat though

they dont need players, they need picks for their academy kids. anyway, i would not give up grimes now that he seems to have most of his injuries behind him and can actually string some games together

Third tall while chappy is around but could take over from chappy once he retires IMO
I would hope Elton would do that. Chaplin takes the resting ruck and at 191cm, Garland would be too short whereas Elton clearly has the height. Not to mention, Garland is only 2 years younger than Chaplin, so not like he'd be a long term replacement once Chappy retires.

Out: 1st round 2015 and Grimes
In: Treloar

Out: 2nd round 2016
In: Yarran

FA: Garland and Leuenberger

FB: Garland Rance Batchelor
HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
C: Ellis Cotchin Edwards
HF: Yarran Riewoldt Deledio
FF: Martin Vickery Lennon
Fol: Leuenberger Treloar Miles
Int: Grigg, McIntosh, Conca, C Ellis

Out: 1st round 2015 and Grimes
In: Treloar

Out: 2nd round 2016
In: Yarran

FA: Garland and Leuenberger

FB: Garland Rance Batchelor
HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
C: Ellis Cotchin Edwards
HF: Yarran Riewoldt Deledio
FF: Martin Vickery Lennon
Fol: Leuenberger Treloar Miles
Int: Grigg, McIntosh, Conca, C Ellis

GWS would want picks not players for their academy kids. I think that's why our offer of two first rounders might trump the Pies who might only offer their first rounder then a solid Best 22 player.

I wouldn't be trading Grimes either. Ability to play on talls and small, good disposal, young and with pace is very good package for a defender. Plus I'd be keeping our back 6 together if possible, they're such a cohesive unit that plays so well together.

You would think so, considering he wants to stay but the pessimist in me thinks he said what he said to allow him a nice way to leave...ie I wanted to stay but they would not offer me 4 years, puts good pressure on the cats.

I think he is gone but who knows, this year is unique , i have never heard so many trade s**t, so early. I predict a stack of player movement this year.

If I had a dollar every time a player said he wanted to stay, loved the club etc and then left........:drunk:

With our improvement and rise up the ladder, our first rounders are potentially so late they are not far off what we have had for second round picks in recent years anyway. We are not involved in the real top end selections ( top 10 picks). I say throw two first rounders at Gold Coast for Bennell, GWS for Treloar or Sydney for an a grader.

GWS and Sydney don't care about what number the actual picks are anyway. They will be trading them in for academy kids.

I really hope we are super aggressive this off season. It seems that's the case.

Exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back