Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no such thing as free though Parap. Yes you might trade for a free agent, but it's their effect on the list that counts. My view is that Judd hindered our list. We had a coach that built a game plan around him, development of the support cast was limited, and no one stepped up to the plate. They left it all to Judd. Fyfe might look free... we might not have to give up a draft pick for him (we probably won't, unless the AFL change the rules), but there is a cost. It's that hidden cost that I worry about.

You do understand that getting Fyfe as a free agent would be like getting Judd and keeping Kennedy, pick 3 and 20. Could have made a huge difference in 2011 elimination final if we had kept what we gave up for Judd

What does our salary cap look like?

On paper it looks like we will be struggling to pay the minimum once daisy and Jones come off.

Surely we nab someone as a FA this offseason

What does our salary cap look like?

If Gibbs and Kruezer go, and Thomas and Jones are shown the door, and the SC goes up by 20 percent/ 2 million next year as predicted, we'll have just short of a trillion dollars spare.

In all seriousness, we'll have more than enough to front load a contract by 2 million and have a fair bit of room left over.

What do we do with it?

Even if we extend Cripps, Weitering 10 years and front load them we won't get close to the minimum.

If Lynch is truely a free agent we should offer him the biggest contract in history, front loading it of course.

What do we do with it?

Even if we extend Cripps, Weitering 10 years and front load them we won't get close to the minimum.

If Lynch is truely a free agent we should offer him the biggest contract in history, front loading it of course.

The Club has been pretty clear we're looking to spend it on a F/A or trade.

Dare say there will be a contract extension or two in there somewhere as well.

Yes, someone said earlier in the thread he was a free agent, I'd thought he had signed though

Just checked on the suns board he's contracted til 2018 o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is all great to bag the drafting pre 2008.

The only draft suggestion post 2008 I have seen from those brave enough to post it is Murdoch above Rowe.

Think Rowe has won than one very very easily (in a very low grade bout).

Have not seen one major star that we should have got over the last ten years.

If you can point out a star that we missed that would be great.

As you know my argument about Rowe -v- Murdoch is that we shouldn't have wasted our second round draft pick on Rowe.

We could have taken Rowe later and still taken Murdoch.

;)

You do understand that getting Fyfe as a free agent would be like getting Judd and keeping Kennedy, pick 3 and 20. Could have made a huge difference in 2011 elimination final if we had kept what we gave up for Judd

I realise that, Kreuzering (as mentioned in my earlier posts). I still think we'd have been nothing though. Where Judd mucked things up was that the coaching staff took their eyes off developing other players, they put in place a game plan that stifled anyone not named Judd and Fev, and they robbed us of inspirational leadership by putting a non natural captain in the role. In the end, Judd wasn't a good fit for us, and we weren't a good fit for him. He'd have won a flag at Collingwood. Tough to deny we underperformed with him. Go back to the trade pages at the time... here, TC, wherever. The common refrain was we would win a flag with him. We never went near it. He's a symbol of our failure.

Fyfe might be different... but I'm not convinced the club is in a healthy enough state to ensure it.

I realise that, Kreuzering (as mentioned in my earlier posts). I still think we'd have been nothing though. Where Judd mucked things up was that the coaching staff took their eyes off developing other players, they put in place a game plan that stifled anyone not named Judd and Fev, and they robbed us of inspirational leadership by putting a non natural captain in the role. In the end, Judd wasn't a good fit for us, and we weren't a good fit for him. He'd have won a flag at Collingwood. Tough to deny we underperformed with him. Go back to the trade pages at the time... here, TC, wherever. The common refrain was we would win a flag with him. We never went near it. He's a symbol of our failure.

Fyfe might be different... but I'm not convinced the club is in a healthy enough state to ensure it.
But thats hindsight right.

As you know my argument about Rowe -v- Murdoch is that we shouldn't have wasted our second round draft pick on Rowe.

We could have taken Rowe later and still taken Murdoch.

;)
boekhorst laverde thread

boekhorst laverde thread

Dodoro stitched us up there - he actually called Boekhurst before the draft to say that Essendon were going to take him, Boekhurst told Shane Rogers and Rogers fell for the three card trick.

Dodoro was never going to take Boekhurst, but played Rogers for the sucker and ended up with Laverde.

We ended up with the shaft.

Dodoro stitched us up there - he actually called Boekhurst before the draft to say that Essendon were going to take him, Boekhurst told Shane Rogers and Rogers fell for the three card trick.

Dodoro was never going to take Boekhurst, but played Rogers for the sucker and ended up with Laverde.

We ended up with the shaft.

True story or urban myth?

If Gibbs and Kruezer go, and Thomas and Jones are shown the door, and the SC goes up by 20 percent/ 2 million next year as predicted, we'll have just short of a trillion dollars spare.

In all seriousness, we'll have more than enough to front load a contract by 2 million and have a fair bit of room left over.

Let's hope Gibbs stays. If we get Fyfe and keep Gibbs we suddenly are a top 8 chance and top 4 chance in a few years if we sort out our forward line.

Gibbs, fyfe, Murphy and Cripps is quite the starting midfield.

No point getting Fyfe at his age if we then lose Gibbs...because then we still won't be ready.

Let's hope Gibbs stays. If we get Fyfe and keep Gibbs we suddenly are a top 8 chance and top 4 chance in a few years if we sort out our forward line.

Gibbs, fyfe, Murphy and Cripps is quite the starting midfield.

No point getting Fyfe at his age if we then lose Gibbs...because then we still won't be ready.
I think you are underselling the "kids" Ftr.
Charlie and Cuningham already showing signs in the guts.
SPS mooted as No 1. 12 months out from last draft fell behind with injuries and "bandwagoning" for other kids.,
A rare talent we will see soon enough.
Really liking Polson from highlights, reports and his cameo in JLT. Fisher is a talent, but I feel will be a slow burn.
His size combined with his game traits/strengths is going to demand some physical development before impacting.
I don't discount Williamson ultimately being more mid than running back either, will be a "player" whichever way it goes.
We are not a 3 man band, even the role players particularly Curnow and even Kerridge, Smedts and Palmer deserve
more respect than this board offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back