JD & Bojans Rolling EPL Team of the Season - Update from JD to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Blooming heck, Bojan. I was expecting one of these to come, but more on the terms of 'Worst team of the Season,' along with 'Lol, Ivanovic.' I approve of this rolling season idea!

I'm of course chuffed for our duo to be there, hopefully they will stay there until season's end. Payet has been really good as well. I think we've got ourselves some good contenders for that XI. Would be interesting to have links back to the end of each week to see how the team evolves over the season.

Blooming heck, Bojan. I was expecting one of these to come, but more on the terms of 'Worst team of the Season,' along with 'Lol, Ivanovic.' I approve of this rolling season idea!

I'm of course chuffed for our duo to be there, hopefully they will stay there until season's end. Payet has been really good as well. I think we've got ourselves some good contenders for that XI. Would be interesting to have links back to the end of each week to see how the team evolves over the season.
When i get to a pc tomorrow I'll start linking it:thumbsu:

Post Matchday 9 Team:
View attachment 185881

Bench: Jack Butland, Toby Aldeweireld, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin, Raheem the Dream Sterling, David Silva, Anthony Martial

Stiff: Sadio Mane, Yannick Bolasie, Heurelho Gomes, Ross Barkley, Andre' Ayew, Alexis Sanchez, Eric Dier, Georgino Wijnaldum, Christian Eriksen, Laurent Koscielny

Note: This will be Aguero's last week in the team due to injury. I am unwilling to change formation (Hi Garth Crooks) so it will be a straight swap for another striker.

Post your grievances below :D

Fournaldum stiff indeed! Perhaps some derby day heroics will elevate him into the team? ;)

Also digging the new avatar buddy. :D

Fournaldum stiff indeed! Perhaps some derby day heroics will elevate him into the team? ;)

Also digging the new avatar buddy. :D
I changed the avi straight after you posted it....before anyone else could :straining:

Fournaldum was very stiff. I guess the gloss from his other performances wears off when you get flogged every other week :p

He's knocking the door down though and he'll be in if he continues with his current rich vein of form:thumbsu:

I changed the avi straight after you posted it....before anyone else could :straining:

Fournaldum was very stiff. I guess the gloss from his other performances wears off when you get flogged every other week :p

He's knocking the door down though and he'll be in if he continues with his current rich vein of form:thumbsu:

All good, nothing but love for the Kebab - he's scored against the Mackems as well so Fournaldum has to tick that off the list first IMO. :D

I was going to suggest Manuel Lanzini for a possible bench spot after a goal and a assist in the last game, then I saw the stats for Cabaye and Wijnaldum in one of the posts above.

If he puts in another good performance against Chelsea this weekend though, he'll start getting noticed a bit more.

I was going to suggest Manuel Lanzini for a possible bench spot after a goal and a assist in the last game, then I saw the stats for Cabaye and Wijnaldum in one of the posts above.

If he puts in another good performance against Chelsea this weekend though, he'll start getting noticed a bit more.

Lanzini has been pretty impressive! I kind of feel like he is flying under the radar with Payet getting the (deserved) plaudits. Probably doesn't help that Lanzini was probably a bit of a lesser known transfer, certainly his reputation is growing quickly!

Like Lanzini but he'll have to put in some special performances to get into the team. He plays in a pretty competitive position.

Our best chances for honours have been hampered by injuries. Kompany and Silva were amazing at the start of the season but both missing too many games to be considered. Aguero apart from 20 minutes against Newcastle hasn't been that good this season.

Fernandinho has been great, but other flashier midfielders will get in a team ahead of him. Yaya, Sterling, Mangala decent but not really team of year material on performances so far. KDB great, but missed the start. He'll be there before too long hopefully. Otamendi has looked a bit dodgy, I rate Kolarov higher than most but has had too many down performances (but some crackers as well). Sagna been very good and would be up there.

But by and large it's been pretty consistent performances across the team rather than relying on one or two standout performances that have got us where we are so far. Still miss Silva heaps, but KDB is making up for that.

Post Matchday 10 teams. A few controversial selections in here but Brunt has had a great season so far and i've always rated him as a player. Azpi had a poor game on the weekend and with Chelsea going into meltdown mode, it's time for his run in the team to end.

upload_2015-10-26_14-36-2.png

Subs: Heurelho Gomes, Toby Aldeweireld, Bacary Sagna, Morgan Schneiderlin, Raheem the Dream, David Silva, Alexis Sanchez

Stiff: Sadio Mane, Nathaniel Clyne, Yannick Bolasie, Petr Cech, Joe Hart, Ross Barkley, Andre' Ayew, Eric Dier, Georgino Wijnaldum, Christian Eriksen, Laurent Koscielny, Manuel Lanzini, Christian Benteke.

Butland had an absolute mare on the w/e and has been dropped. Cech and Hart are next in line after Gomes. Hart in particular had a very good game against United. Benteke needs to string a few more games together and keep scoring to get a spot on the bench but he's doing well. Ross Barkley had another good game on the w/e but he's going to have to produce something special to get an AM spot over Snake, Silva and Sanchez. Clyne has been good for Pool but Sagna has been playing above average for some time and deserves his place on the bench.

Manager of the Week: Quique Sanchez Flores - Watford played brilliantly against Stoke and should have won by more. After being written off at the start of the season by all and sundry (except me), they find themselves in 13th position, 7 points clear of the relegation zone and playing attractive football. Slaven Bilic was considered given West Ham's great start to the season, but they are expected to be beating relegation battlers at home.

Tool of the Week: Nemanja Matic - It was always going to take something special to take this award away from Rooney with Branislol not getting a a game, but Nemanja Matic was fully deserving of his sending off for 2 professional fouls and his actions resulted in a Jon Obi Mikel sighting :$. What made the red card particularly stupid is that Chelsea were in little danger in both situations and both fouls were totally unnecessary. Micah Richards and Jack Butland stiff.

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-26_12-21-27.png
    upload_2015-10-26_12-21-27.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUT THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST THREE MAN UNITED PLAYERS IN THERE :$:$:$
post your melt elsewhere please. Bellerin and Ozil get a game in the team and Sanchez on the bench. Gooners were saying that Alexis hasn't been that good thus far so not sure what you're crying about. I had Kos on the bench last week and Latro said Gabriel was better. Who else from Arsenal should be in there?

Matchday 9 isn't finished yet. There's still Swansea v Stoke to come. #JusticeforAshleyWilliams
Ashley Williams was good but not great against Villa. I'll watch him again next week.

No love for Ighalo? More goals and assists than Martial in a worse team.

Also, M'Vila has been great whenever I've seen Sunderland play. But then again it is Sunderland.
Definitely love for Ighalo. He'll get a mention on the podcast tonight. There are only so many players i can list as stiff.

post your melt elsewhere please. Bellerin and Ozil get a game in the team and Sanchez on the bench. Gooners were saying that Alexis hasn't been that good thus far so not sure what you're crying about. I had Kos on the bench last week and Latro said Gabriel was better. Who else from Arsenal should be in there?

If we are going on season form and not week to week

Cech is the most in form Keeper in the league atm. Should be starting BUT De Gea can, Cech should 100% be the bench player.

Bellerin yep a lock at RB on current form.

Monreal should be in with a shout. Just a rock at LB for the last 2 seasons.

Swap De Bruyne and Ozil around? Ozil has 7 assists from 9 games in the 10# position, more than anyone in the league so it's a bit silly putting him on the left just to fit him into the team.

Other than that its all good.

If we are going on season form and not week to week

Cech is the most in form Keeper in the league atm. Should be starting BUT De Gea can, Cech should 100% be the bench player.

Bellerin yep a lock at RB on current form.

Monreal should be in with a shout. Just a rock at LB for the last 2 seasons.

Swap De Bruyne and Ozil around? Ozil has 7 assists from 9 games in the 10# position, more than anyone in the league so it's a bit silly putting him on the left just to fit him into the team.

Other than that its all good.
NICE! Hadn't thought about that so i'll edit the team. Ozil deserves his spot but didn't want to move/drop Mahrez.

I'll watch Monreal more closely next matchday. He hasn't stood out to me but usually that means a defender is doing his job very well.

I thought Cech was a touch shaky at the w/e. He parried a shot straight to Stones (i think) who should have scored. Cech has done well and is a huge upgrade on Ospina. I haven't seen De Gea put a foot wrong all season and as i rate him as the best keeper in the comp, second best in the world, i'm comfortable having him in there until he puts a foot wrong. Competition is fierce for that possie though and although at the start of the season it would have sounded silly to mention Gomes in the conversation, he has been brilliant. Butland got the flick after a truly outstanding start to the season due to having a mare on the w/e. Cech is definitely next in line for the squad. Until one of Gomes/DDG has a poor game, it's tough to drop them for Petr.

Lloris
Cresswell - Toby Ald - Smalling - Bellerin
Dier - Payet
Ayew - Ozil - Mane
Vardy

De Gea, Sagna, Dann, Cabaye, Eriksen, Maherz, Pelle

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back