bombers could surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

choppa

Debutant
Jul 14, 2004
I really think that now they know that bomber boy 1 aka white wine boy is a wine taste tester they could surprise a few people.

On a serious note if the Bombers can sneak into 8th spot a M.C.G. final against Melbourne awaits them. Would love to be on the Dons making it through to the second week of the finals.

Any thoughts?

choppa said:
Any thoughts?

Sure, anything is possible. But the run for all teams in the eight below 2nd will almost certainly be terminated in the PF. Both Brisbane and Port are looking really ominous, and I agree with Tim Watson that the only four teams truly capable of kicking a winning score on GF day are Brisbane, Port, StK and Sydney.

Dees have a tough road trip this week so there is good chance that IF the bummers make the finals and play them they can win for sure.

choppa said:
I really think that now they know that bomber boy 1 aka white wine boy is a wine taste tester they could surprise a few people.

Correct Roy, what a magnificant source of motivation for the boys! One word, beer...

They will be a troublesome side to play in the finals purely because of experience, have no where near the polish to go all the way though - apart from Brisbane and Port, Essendon is probably one of the few teams the others wouldn't want to run into.

Hopefully they can get past melbourne in the 1st week if we make the finals but if we do make it to the 2nd week i thinks thats where are season will end, were not expected to do much these finals but you never know we are on the better side of the draw especially if the favourites win in this round and adelaide beat the power.

are you discouting the fact that we can make 7th and end up playing the swans 1st round at the G??

just need melb to beat west coast and us to win..only 0.1 percent diff in us and weagles

wizardofoz18 said:
are you discouting the fact that we can make 7th and end up playing the swans 1st round at the G??

just need melb to beat west coast and us to win..only 0.1 percent diff in us and weagles

Can you imagine Eyebrows backtrack if that happened? Errr...ummm...in hindsight now that a VICTORIAN team has made it to 7th we feel it is only appropriate not to go too far into debt with the MCC agreement. And if you don't like it you can go and get stuffed....!!!

exactly how it will happen i luv it hehe

however unfair it is and i totally agree with you, but contract is a contract unfortunetly, and have to win where ever you play i guess

so let me get this straight. if dons finish 7th they play swannies at the g coz of the mcc contract and coz swans didnt finish 1st or 2nd and the reason y we played port away the last 2 years was coz they finished on top. is that right? it would be good to play swannies at the g since they havent won there in about 80 years

Surprised me with Lloyd announcing there may be several player retirements. Nothing else matters after that.

hirdy_is_champ said:
so let me get this straight. if dons finish 7th they play swannies at the g coz of the mcc contract and coz swans didnt finish 1st or 2nd and the reason y we played port away the last 2 years was coz they finished on top. is that right? it would be good to play swannies at the g since they havent won there in about 80 years

if the swans finish 6th and the bombers finish 7th it will be played at the MCG as they have a large following and it will be of financial benefit. If the eagles finish 7th it won't be played at the MCG as it won't be financially in their best interests to have two non-vic clubs playing in a final there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jess-jess said:
if the swans finish 6th and the bombers finish 7th it will be played at the MCG as they have a large following and it will be of financial benefit. If the eagles finish 7th it won't be played at the MCG as it won't be financially in their best interests to have two non-vic clubs playing in a final there.

Of course, but do you think Eyebrows came out and said that?

No, he said it would not be "just and fair" for WCE to play SYD at the MCG. What a load of horse crap.

choppa said:

On a serious note if the Bombers can sneak into 8th spot a M.C.G. final against Melbourne awaits them. Would love to be on the Dons making it through to the second week of the finals.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure? I'd love to say Yes, but we havent got the consistency or the class to overcome the really good sides. But anything could happen... :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back