Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

It all sounds dreadful. Young people, likely off their faces, the balance of power in that situation is a problem in itself - but that doesn't mean she didn't consent at the time. Might have had a bit of regret and wanted some reassurance from "Tom" that she wasn't in the wrong for doing it. Escalated from there and Justin took the fall. Doesn't look good for Collingwood though, by assigning a QC to the bloke then dumping him when he gave the statement they needed.

I find the behaviour by the men disgusting but it might not be rape.

having said that, i don't understand why people would put themselves in that situation in the first place (both the men and woman).

Yes, a woman should always be aware that when going home with a boy she should expect the boy's housemates to come and join in for a romp.
Stupid post.
I find this article disturbing. Everything about it form Justin* being the only one on trial to the police not pressing charges on the group sex.

Yes, a woman should always be aware that when going home with a boy she should expect the boy's housemates to come and join in for a romp.
Stupid post.
I find this article disturbing. Everything about it form Justin* being the only one on trial to the police not pressing charges on the group sex.

You're showing your own stupidity here. How do you know that the woman didn't know about the other guys "joining in for a romp"?

You're showing your own stupidity here. How do you know that the woman didn't know about the other guys "joining in for a romp"?

If the account is right, you just shouldn't enter the room in the first place.

I'm not making a judgement here either way, but just don't do it.

It all sounds dreadful. Young people, likely off their faces, the balance of power in that situation is a problem in itself - but that doesn't mean she didn't consent at the time. Might have had a bit of regret and wanted some reassurance from "Tom" that she wasn't in the wrong for doing it. Escalated from there and Justin took the fall. Doesn't look good for Collingwood though, by assigning a QC to the bloke then dumping him when he gave the statement they needed.
My theory is Tom* is a beta neckbeard trying to white knight himself out of the friend zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bit to take apart in this post, but I'll just tackle the bolded section... there are lots of women who really wouldn't storm out, they almost freeze in those scenarios and whilst may be able to say the word no (or very similar) and clearly display body language that shows absolute discomfort, don't kick and scream and as such a push guy/s can easily 'have their way' with no rapey feelings about it all, rather 'persistent'.

The true test is, imagine your own loved one (sister, Mum, girl friend etc) who is of meek character, wasted, confronted by powerful famous guys, displaying uncomfortable body language and needing the guys to be pushy and applying peer group pressure to get what they want... rage isn't enough to describe how I would feel about that.

Personally, I don't want to sleep with a woman who isn't 100% in to the moment and wanting me. If I have to rely on peer group pressure, someone else getting her naked and convincing her, drugs, alcohol etc... blergh, that aint sex.[/quote]

Could not have said it better ...

Wouldn't be any worse than engaging Galbally to take on his case in the first place.
And that was a common knowledge at the time.
how ethical was it for the kid to have to pay a senior counsel of galbally' repute. that is 10k per day. and he was just assumed to have employed him. and it does not take a fool to realise the kid's interests were not aligned to b&m and Collingwood players and Collingwood club. Seems patently unethical.

The only thing of any substance re: footy to come out of this is that Collingwood employed the very expensive Galbally on the family's behalf, and then landed them with the outrageous bill. It seems fair to assume that, left to their own devices, the family would not have engaged such a high-profile, expensive brief. I think it also fair to say that when Collingwood engaged Galbally on their behalf, the club would not have mentioned the family's potential financial liability, if things went better for their players than the club initially thought. Nothing illegal or immoral as such in Collingwood's actions, maybe just unthinking/uncaring. It's not too late to set this right.

there is a point very early in this scenario, where Collingwood's players' and this gentleman's objectives conflicted. And arguably, early enough for his counsel to recuse himself then, when the bill was in counsel predominantly for collingwood's interest and their players. If he had better advice, someone should have told him to declare bankruptcy and tell Galbally to shove it, because he should have seen the conflict immediately, and understood he was not billing a corporate 10k a day. I find this explicitly immoral, sry

My reading of the article does not make it clear that the woman actually accused the defendant of rape. It's only a feeling, but my take on it is that this prosecution was driven by the cops and the DPP, rather than the alleged victim.
it was the one incident that had less likelihood of failure and controversy. dare say, this is a hypothetical because one thousand words are not the report to the crown, but it was less prospect of failure and did not invite the controversy. if he could not get it up before the footballers invited themselves, dare say, if they are not in the equation, this young fella's parents still have a house.

there is a point very early in this scenario, where Collingwood's players' and this gentleman's objectives conflicted. And arguably, early enough for his counsel to recuse himself then, when the bill was in counsel predominantly for collingwood's interest and their players. If he had better advice, someone should have told him to declare bankruptcy and tell Galbally to shove it, because he should have seen the conflict immediately, and understood he was not billing a corporate 10k a day. I find this explicitly immoral, sry
For the first time in my life I'm trying to be balanced and reasonable. It doesn't really suit me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back