• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

SeaWind

Team Captain
Suspended
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Off the ball head high bump on a Demons player, about medium impact.

Considering the May incident, you'd think he'd get at least 2 reduced to 1.

Blurry Footage
ScaryValuableElephantbeetle.gif

I saw posts saying if he goes for that "the bump is dead"???

I mean, the rule is so ******* clear - you choose to bump, you get the player high, you're gone.

Steven May has more reason to be hard-done by than Goodes.

Depends on 'contact', but I think 3 down to 2 is reasonable. Wouldn't go as far as calling him a 'dog'/'sniper' (really...) but it's not great and it's not like the new interpretation on head high contact rule is new...

It's more on the ball than off. Jones should've been more aware. But it's a needlessly and recklessly high bump and it looks like it left him pretty dazed.

The medical report could add a week.

May got 3 down 2 for knocking someone out innocently. If Jones was concussed then the same suspension probably applies at a minimum if not 4 to 3. If he was ok and just subbed as a precaution then maybe he gets very luck and gets away with 1.

Considering he's injured they may as well err on the side of stamping this stuff out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left the ground, made flush contact with Jones head, Jones subbed off with concussion.

Goodes has form on this too, ugly sniper.

This is a case where there was no other realistic option, cant tackle or go for the ball. Deserved to go and probably should have more than a week, but what other options were there?
Could start by not leaving the ground to bump. If you do that and you make head high contact you should be in serious trouble.

I'd love to read the Melbourne medical report. If Jones really had concussion then he's lucky to get medium impact. Is a mild concussion less serious than Rockliff's big concussion?

I really think the tribunal puts too much weight on impact and on carelessness v intentional. It then only gives itself 4 possible choices and you end up with these strange gradings.

Anyway. He's out for a while anyway so I don't care too much about how long he got I just feel sorry for May and others who will get more for less.

Goes to show L.Matthews knows * all about footy these days. He said it was a fair bump.

Back