Time:

7.40pm local time

Venue:

Gabba

Ticket Info:

Here

TV and Radio Coverage:

All areas: Live on FoxSports 1 from 7.30pm
Qld, SA, Regional NT, Remote/Central NSW: Live on 7/7mate/Southern Cross from 7.30pm AEST
Social Media:

TBA

Last time they met:

Crows by 5 (Round 20, 2011)

Betting Odds

Lions $4.00; Crows $1.23

Weather Report
Fine, sunny. Min 9 Max 20

Preview by PTizzle

We're in bad form, they're in good form. It all comes down to an interesting clash this weekend.

We've got the home ground advantage, they've got the top 2 spot. It certainly won't be an easy task for the boys.

But it certainly isn't impossible either. At points we've looked cooked in the past few weeks, but I believe we showed some better footy against the Blues. Beams will no doubt play a full game this weekend and will add a lot to a struggling side. Can't have too many hungry young goal-kickers in the team.

We'll need Rockliff and Rich to stand up in lieu of their past couple of weeks. They are obviously feeling the results of a long season and a tag respectively, but are incredibly damaging when they're on.

Much talk has been had about the possibility of Dyson playing a game in the last few rounds. I believe he'll play this week on a forward flank. Voss subbing out Banfield was a fairly sure assessment of where he's at and I believe he'll be dropped this week.

The Kurt Tippett factor adds another point of interest. Will he miss another week 'concussion related'? The Crows are torn with Tippett, either they give in and play a strong player or stand their ground with a home final (no doubt) coming up. If he plays this weekend there will be some very interesting dialogue between the players.

The Crows should be too strong, but their up and down form has me somewhat buoyant. I'm not expecting a win, but the magic 8 ball says it's at least a possibility.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't add:

Luke Power will play his 300th game, unfortunately for a different side. His current team won't get a win but I figure we owe him one!

Great preview PTizzle. Well done to Luke Power on game 300, shame it wasn't in Lions colours but these things happen.

If I were Tippett's girlfriend (poor girl) I'd be seriously considering telling him that for his own safety hanging up the boots might be an idea. But you blokes never listen to us women anyway so it'd be pointless :p

Not much I can add, I'm optimistic, but then again that doesn't count for much nowadays. Lions by 10 in a cracker (I'll get it right eventually!).

Looks like the previews are reflecting the team on the field... Turning up late and only putting in a couple of good quarters - lol. ;) Thanks for the the preview of the Tippett Cup PTizzle :thumbsu:

Yeah - will also keep an eye on Powers 300th - congrats Luke.

okay nuf said - 2 home games in the last 3 we did give them a run 12 months ago, time to do it again would love to see the guys KICK STRAIGHT from the get-go and learn to again apply scoreboard pressure in all three of the last games.

Beams to play 4 quarters, the Doc and Clarke to come in and hopefully 20+ thousand to attend.

GO LIONS!!!

First game live on FTA in Adelaide since round 2. :D

Crows will be looking to build towards finals so they'll be pretty pumped.

Raines to Thompson, Beams to Dangerfield?

In: Hawksley
Out: Polkinghorne

Team selection this year has been fairly confusing, but I would be trying to keep changes to a minimum.

I am also expecting to see Sam Sheldon selected for a farewell game in the next couple of weeks, which would be fitting.

Cheers guys, sorry for the late (and fairly short) preview.

I think Thompson has to be tagged, on the weekend he showed how vulnerable he is to a good tag. And Raines is a good tagger.

This is the team we want to emulate next year. Even without an easier fixture, they are still much better then last year. Dangerfield and Sloane are the same age as the 3 R's, although they have more mid-aged players then us, which shows why we are not at the same level this year.

Since round 10's win over Fremantle they have had only one win away from home, which was against GWS. I think most people would agree that their position on the ladder isn't a true representation of their ability. Despite this we are truely the underdogs, but we aren't without a chance.

Wouldn't say GWS is without a chance either. If they play Luke's 300th like Sheedy's 1000th, they could possibly do it. It is only Melbourne after all, and they are at home.

OUT: Banfield. IN: Power.

If I were Tippett's girlfriend (poor girl) I'd be seriously considering telling him that for his own safety hanging up the boots might be an idea. But you blokes never listen to us women anyway so it'd be pointless :p

Perhaps she did suggest that. That could be the reason why they broke up.

Not so much Adelaide related but my major frustration with the loss to Carlton was simply, my hat.

Vossy said after the West Coast game that the goal for the rest of the year was to ensure that wasn't the game that the players and supporters hung their hat on for 2012.

Post-Carlton, I realised my 2012 season hat is still nailed to that game. Adelaide, to me, is the last chance to move it.

Bring on Saturday - lets move the hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Hawksley
Out: Polkinghorne

Team selection this year has been fairly confusing, but I would be trying to keep changes to a minimum.

I am also expecting to see Sam Sheldon selected for a farewell game in the next couple of weeks, which would be fitting.
You are predictable KZ, do you have the same breakfast every single morning?:)

In: Maguire, Drummond
Out: Banfield, Polkinghorne
My predicted changes. Longer for Hudson possible if Hudson needs rest.

The way Adelaide are treating Lions at the moment on their forum and classifying us as such:
"a terrible side"
"crap side"
"won't make the finals for another 10 years"
"Suns are better than the Lions by a long way"
"Redden isn't even that good"

Hope we completely smash them. SMASH THEM.

The way Adelaide are treating Lions at the moment on their forum and classifying us as such:
"a terrible side"
"crap side"

They're just jealous they couldn't do 3 in a row and never will.

Also something about stealing Tippett.

;)

"a terrible side"
"crap side"

They are feeling threatened by the whole Tippett thing and are trying to convince themselves he could never come here.

Please note that it's not ALL people on the Adelaide board, just the usual cocky few. :oops: All boards have them! Four weeks ago we had the "Triple Threat" games against Essendon, Geelong and Richmond as a view to where we really stood this season - we won two from three. Then people added the Freo game - they'd been playing good footy. Three from four. But for me - this game should be included. I've seen us win well here and I've seen us get shellacked. IF we play well, I think our best can beat your best. If we fail to turn up, we deserve what we get.

Oh and half are convinced Tippett is coming here, and the other aren't. Guess we'll find out sooner or later. ;)

I am slightly torn on this game between Loyalty to the club and wanting us to win just to show that the win against WCE wasn't a fluke and that we are turning the GABBA back into a fortress and to give the guys confidence heading into the off season.

On the other hand I want Adelaide to win just to keep Collingwood in third spot and removing more of a chance for the Pies to have a home final (Reliant on Syd winning but should do against Bulldogs). Lol :D. The Victorian in me is coming out for the hatred of Collingwood lol!!! Don't know which one is more my loyalty and absolute support for the club OR my distaste for Collingwood and hoping that they can't get anywhere near it this year!!!!!

I will be happy if the guys can be consistent and play 4 quarters win or lose tbh. These last 3 games are really going to be about what they need to do in pre-season and get our fringe and 2nd tier players into elite status for next year.

Our window is just about to open and these kind of games (win or lose) is going to really show are we in it next year or are we in for another year before we can open that window.

My memory says we often went alright against the Neil Craig led crows but get the feeling that will be different against this side. That said I would be disappointed if we couldn't hang with this team at the Gabba. Crows by 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back